Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Tony got loving played by Regal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

Tony got loving played by Regal.

He got a verified snake out of his locker room full of impressionable prospects that Regal could forge connections with if he'd remained.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I hate Danhausen so much

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

If Danhausen gets a real push I might go just about as apoplectic as when I have to deal with Toni Storm on my TV

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

I hate Danhausen so much

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is danhausen doing something or is this just in general

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Danhausen is cool, Khan understands exactly how to use him and it is fun and good and nice.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I used to think Danhausen was OK but ever since he was slightly whiny on twitter I've wished him ill.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I hate Danhausen so much

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

danhausen is there, i don't really care much about him. just keep him away from the good wrestling matches

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Is danhausen doing something or is this just in general

They released a skithausen on YouTube about him.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

he seems like a nice guy but the only thing danhausen could do at this point that would translate to something interesting on screen for me would be to dress up as larry the dog and lose a handicap match to the young bucks after 30 superkicks

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

Danhausen is cool, Khan understands exactly how to use him and it is fun and good and nice.

Which is exactly why I don't think he'll get a real push but he will beat a couple goofy heels before losing a title match of some kind

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Which is exactly why I don't think he'll get a real push but he will beat a couple goofy heels before losing a title match of some kind

Why would he even do that much? The only title match he's ever had was for the FTW title.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I don't know we're all just overreacting to the hype video just in case

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I like Danhausen

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i only will like danhausen if he goes back to this and becomes a pathetic fake tough guy tag team with the guy whose other picture is on here. david. by the way that's their real size in real life.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
My monitor is twenty feet tall. He's huge.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Why would he even do that much? The only title match he's ever had was for the FTW title.

He could challenge Roddy after he wins the International title as a Rampage main event/BOTB match.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Dumbhausen isn't good

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i like danhausen

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
now you wanna talk about an overexposed comedy bit that should've been retired a year ago may i offer: Christian

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Respectfully, Mr President, but what the gently caress did you just say about my father?

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Peanut President posted:

i like danhausen

Peanut President posted:

now you wanna talk about an overexposed comedy bit that should've been retired a year ago may i offer: Christian

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i always didnt like danhausen. but you all loved him, so i kept it quiet. i dont seem to ever get credit for doign that sort of thing though

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I have no opinion on Danhausen

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

i always didnt like danhausen. but you all loved him, so i kept it quiet. i dont seem to ever get credit for doign that sort of thing though

I love him even more now

I might even kiss him

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

On The Internet posted:

Respectfully, Mr President, but what the gently caress did you just say about my father?

your dad was only good when he had long hair

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Peanut President posted:

your dad was only good when he had long hair

Christian has had one of the best runs in aew and it has shown everyone what I've always known he is a really good wrestler

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

tony needs to figure out how to get crowds back because it's really really noticeable how small and quiet the crowds are each show and it kills the whole vibe for me. the best part about early AEW was how hot the weekly crowds were and how they'd get a pretty decent size that was at least moderately competitive with WWE. now each dynamite feels like an indie show or TNA compared to what it used to be :smith:

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 25, 2024

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

compare the two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPMz6eHZ0U0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YakubkxHGFc

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Well they did just get rid of whoever it was that was in charge of live events so maybe things will get better

Then again I've been saying that for like 2 years now and every week it feels like everything with this company just gets worse and worse and I'm dreading having to just give up entirely on wrestling again.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

i think most things seem to be improving and building up interest again. it's just the crowd now that's the main issue for me. a wrestling show without a hot crowd is incredibly bland no matter how good the talent are

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like Danhausen I like Christian I don’t like the crying cowboy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the kind of nonsense opinion you can only get in the hell thread, folks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it sounded like there was about 16 people in the crowd last night

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Never should have started the buy one get one poo poo or the heavy discounts close to show date, burned the folks who actually buy tickets early and are excited to attend.

Seems like they've cut that out the last few weeks, but it'll take time to re-build credibility there. Guess you can blame all the bad ticket stuff on old live events person for a few months at least.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Is it good that I haven't seen or heard any advertising for the upcoming AEW Collision in my area?

I'm not a big fan of advertising, but maybe do a little bit just to see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

AEW never needed more than 1 TV show. Now their tapings are too long and filled with matches no one cares about.