Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
do base levels get you anything once you reach max base (3) and pal (15) counts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

FZeroRacer posted:

they didn't, it's another example of the internet going insane on both sides.
I was actually gonna joke that their extreme fabrication was scaling by like posting a really, really long Wooloo and calling it my own original creation Wooolooo or something equally stupid but it's absolutely gonna kick off poo poo in the thread.

Tarezax posted:

You can sell them to a pal merchant for some coins, or use the pal condenser to make one sheep stronger. Or use the butcher knife. You monster.
It should really just have a release button.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone got a better way of farming pal fluids than going to the swamps and murdering those shark dudes?

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jan 25, 2024

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone got a better way of farming pal fluids than going to the swamps and murdering those shark dudes?
Find a merchant that changes their stock, kidnap them, then take them in and out of the box until their stock refresh includes pal fluid?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

GilliamYaeger posted:

Find a merchant that changes their stock, kidnap them, then take them in and out of the box until their stock refresh includes pal fluid?

Can they actually sell pal fluid? Don't think any of the wandering merchants I've stumbled across have had that.

Matt141
May 3, 2012

Rinkles posted:

do base levels get you anything once you reach max base (3) and pal (15) counts?

If you increase max pal count to 20 in world settings then base levels continue giving you extra pal slots past 15, but outside of that I don't think so.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Look, the game lets me throw balls at fantasy PETA and make them work on my ammo assembly line. The game's silly fun and shouldn't be taken that seriously.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Have any Pokémon spin-offs had similar real time poke ball throwing (in the middle of real time action) yet? Cause it turns out it’s is actually fun and engaging.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

That's what I did yesterday with an Electric type Pal. Just flew around casting Shockwave and deleting packs of them at a time.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Rinkles posted:

Have any Pokémon spin-offs had similar real time poke ball throwing (in the middle of real time action) yet? Cause it turns out it’s is actually fun and engaging.
Legends Arceus.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

That wasn’t real time, was it? And it was a menu option not a dynamic action, unless I’m completely losing my mind.

E:i should’ve clarified I was talking about catching

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Btw apparently the devs (accidentally?) shipped the game with the .pdb file, so expect this game to get modded to hell and back.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Rinkles posted:

That wasn’t real time, was it? And it was a menu option not a dynamic action, unless I’m completely losing my mind.

E:i should’ve clarified I was talking about catching
You are, in fact, completely losing your mind.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
For pal fluid I go back to the starting zone, then down the hill to the beach area with a big-rear end skeleton. Fly back and forth on the lightning bird mount one-shotting water rays and teafants until I have enough, they're all level 3 or something so they die as soon as I look at them. Wish the Katress bonus worked on them but that's only for neutral type so blah.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
I loving love Depresso, that is all

https://twitter.com/murasakigezi/status/1749700777978085609?t=guZfFbEw_r2HpAQCWpCqWQ&s=19

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Drakenel posted:

Look, the game lets me throw balls at fantasy PETA and make them work on my ammo assembly line. The game's silly fun and shouldn't be taken that seriously.

Other games: being evil is a restrictive downgrade or sidegrade at best

Palworld: being evil is profitable to the point people talk themselves through why it’s ok

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

patch v1.3.0 just got released, nothing big though:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1623730/Palworld/

2024/01/25 Update Patch v0.1.3.0 posted:

Update has been released.

Changes are as follows:

===

▼Main changes
・Fixed a bug where the loading screen did not end when logging into the world
・Fixed a bug where the world date was not displayed correctly and appeared to reset.
・Corrected various incorrect text
・Countermeasures against various cheats and exploits

===
We will continue to place top priority on fixing major issues.
Thank you for your continued support of Palworld.

e: on reddit someone said:

quote:

Multiplayer dedicated server connect direct IP/domain now has a password to enter!

i'm not going to test it yet though

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

padijun posted:

Other games: being evil is a restrictive downgrade or sidegrade at best

Palworld: being evil is profitable to the point people talk themselves through why it’s ok

Look, as much as the real life thing is horrifically lovely, this is as close as we get to rubbing PETA's nose in it.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

This tweet about another tweet being misleading is itself also misleading. The only modifying they admitted to was scaling the models so they could be compared against each other and the thing about animal cruelty was not related to the later-given explanation about the scaling, that was a part of their original thread. In case there was any question, scaling is not modifying anything to look more or less like anything else, it's just changing a zoom factor so you can overlap the two models. Without scaling, one model is just 2 or 3 times bigger than the other one. The comparisons still work as a means of showing how the Pals look like they have elements that were traced versions of Pokemon models, just in 3D instead of 2D. I'm saying this while adding that I don't care if Pocketpair did or didn't trace anything because in the end, tracing isn't illegal so this is still purely court of public opinion stuff, but the discourse over this is like a tennis match of who can make up worse misinformation spun out of bad faith arguments.

I would like to apologize for bringing this discussion back up, I just think it's better to add a little extra context. That said, I, too, love Depresso.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

oh man the AI pathing is so BAD

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah, building a closed house seems like a good way to incapacitate your pals. It is funny when you find a Depresso passed out on your stairs though

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Honestly, it's a testament to how fun the core loop is that even with all the blatant issues the game has, I'm still having a blast playing it.

Like, every time I come back to camp, I have to unassign/assign a third of the workers because they somehow managed to get themselves stuck on top of a tree or underground

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

pik_d posted:

Yeah, building a closed house seems like a good way to incapacitate your pals. It is funny when you find a Depresso passed out on your stairs though

The only housing I really do now is just enough to put a bed down that I never use. Other than that everything is outdoors and try to give as wide as a berth to get around everything that I can.

They still occasionally wig out and end up stuck on top of trees and stuff. :shrug:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I've just been ignoring my workers because they keep getting stuck and or injuring themselves faster than I can come up with medicine ingredients. Micromanaging their bullshit is the least interesting aspect of this game and I really hope they cut down heavily on it

e: my house is a floor, 2 walls, a roof, and a bed, and there still always manages to be one idiot standing directly on the roof starving itself instead of jumping down for 0 fall damage to get to the food box that is in their direct eyesight at all times

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My entire goddamn base burned down last night while defending a raid so I guess I get to redo my layout now :v:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Depresso gives zero fucks

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

explosivo posted:

My entire goddamn base burned down last night while defending a raid so I guess I get to redo my layout now :v:

I'm curious, did you lose the materials from the destroyed stuff, or is it like when you intentionally break down things?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

pik_d posted:

I'm curious, did you lose the materials from the destroyed stuff, or is it like when you intentionally break down things?

I will let you know once I log back in since I just.. sorta.. sighed and closed the game with my whole base crumbling. It did look like the stuff was maybe falling on the ground? But maybe that was any contents of containers that were getting destroyed.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

GreenBuckanneer posted:

One guy I had nearly starved to death because he couldn't navigate around a rock.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I don't know if it works but I switched everything in my base over to stone, and eventually metal for looks, on the hopes that it wouldn't burn down again as I got surprised by that as well. The defensive wooden wall ring around my entire base that I made was a convenient path to my everything for the fire. Of course with the new base I'm abusing the pathing and now I never get attacked anyway. Raids are optional and if something I want to Pokeball into slavery spawns to come after me I can hop down the cliff side and bean them upside the back of the head as they ignore me and cluster up in one spot futilely trying to get to my base.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

DaveKap posted:

This tweet about another tweet being misleading is itself also misleading.

Sounds like the best course of action is to ignore the gently caress out of Twitter

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gamepass just got updated to 1.1.1, still looks like no DLSS. :sad:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Third World Reagan posted:

how to be cruel to animals

force them to breed

also feed them cotton candy so they stay sane

best nutrition to sanity there is
Ok so what would working in an Amazon Warehouse or as a UPS/FedEx driver be?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Got a raid of 15+ level 40 Lovanders, and welp, seems like somewhere between level 30 and 40 they learn the self-destruct skill lmao

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I also had several of those goofy toucans suicide bomb my base.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

All my bases will forever be situated high in an impenetrable position, so I never have to worry about assaults. This will all fall apart once pathfinding gets fixed and/or flying enemy pals learn how to, you know, fly.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Using a combination of ball spam and the Zap Brannigan maneuver, I managed to capture the Kingpaca boss well before I had any business doing so. Now to speed level to 22 so I can make him my majestic mount.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Did the latest patch fix the bug where you could capture a tower boss?

Edit: Looked it up, still works.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Decal gun is a scam, decals disappear after 20 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Broken Cog posted:

Decal gun is a scam, decals disappear after 20 seconds.

Hey.

Hey you.

Yeah, you. Hey.

Hey.

Armor is damaged.