Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Speaking of Stallions, how long until he shows up on the Chargers staff

Sadly Stallions is a Michigan Man, not a Harbaugh guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Internet Savant posted:

I don't see why not. We talk about "Patriot way" management personnel. The ravens have been consistently good for a long time. That points to an excellent scouting process. Ozzie Newsome is clearly a "good" GM, how well do his people do when they leave?

Let’s see. DeCosta stayed and is good. Joe Douglas ummm not great. Can’t think of any others.

Wouldn’t Ozzie technically fall under the Belichick tree anyways since he was with him in Cleveland?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers are interviewing Vrabel today.

Please do not let him leave the building.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The inevitable happened.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1750519070875701528?s=20

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I mean it's better than Matt patricia I guess.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

I love you all, TFF.

I always look forward to every new season with some optimism, but this will be the first time since Marty that I feel like my team is actually trying to win. I know they probably wont (especially in 2024), but I haven't felt like this in a long, long time.

:)

Love you, too, comrade.

It’s such a weird and pleasant feeling when a team has the coach and the qb at the same time.

A feeling of… a new hope…

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I think Fangio is still a good DC even if most of the people trying to imitate his scheme aren't doing it nearly as well. I just don't know if the Eagles have enough good players in the back seven to make it work now that Bradberry and Slay are looking pretty washed. But it's hard to imagine Vic doing worse than the Desai/Patricia brain trust.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I look forward to seeing the how the Curse of the Chargers destroys Jim Harbaugh.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Speaking of Stallions, how long until he shows up on the Chargers staff

If he shows up at Arrowhead he’ll end up in the smoker at LC’s and on Andy’s plate(s)

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

I think Fangio is still a good DC even if most of the people trying to imitate his scheme aren't doing it nearly as well. I just don't know if the Eagles have enough good players in the back seven to make it work now that Bradberry and Slay are looking pretty washed. But it's hard to imagine Vic doing worse than the Desai/Patricia brain trust.

Agree. Slay is fine, but Bradberry is washed. Need a clear upgrade at Safety (among other places) to run his scheme correctly.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

a neat cape posted:

I love you all, TFF.

I always look forward to every new season with some optimism, but this will be the first time since Marty that I feel like my team is actually trying to win. I know they probably wont (especially in 2024), but I haven't felt like this in a long, long time.

It’s a good feeling and I’m happy for you

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

a neat cape posted:

I love you all, TFF.

mbn

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Fangio still has his fastball, but he was a real grouchy old bastard with the Dolphins and made some goofy decisions that seemed more motivated than spite and contrarianism than good faith. Philly is seemingly really where he wanted to be, so maybe he won’t act like that?

Anyway file tampering charges imo

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jan 25, 2024

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Nervous posted:

I look forward to seeing the how the Curse of the Chargers destroys Jim Harbaugh.

He and Herbert will fued, Herbert gets traded and gets replaced by JJ McCarthy who is on his third team, then Harbaugh leaves to go back to Michigan

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Grozz Nuy posted:

My hope is that his influence is enough for the Eagles to prioritize the back seven in free agency and the draft. I don't think Slay and Bradberry are so washed that a complete overhaul is necessary - a couple younger pieces + a healthy Maddox + a competent scheme can go a long way towards turning things around.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hire Bill as defensive coordinator.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't understand how the Eagles D was so bad this season. They have a lot of good players!! Even if Bradbury is cooked. There is no way they don't play a lot better under vic.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

mcmagic posted:

I don't understand how the Eagles D was so bad this season. They have a lot of good players!! Even if Bradbury is cooked. There is no way they don't play a lot better under vic.

Didn't rotate the line to nearly the same extent as they did the year before, so once everyone up front started wearing down, a lot of deficiencies further back got a lot more obvious. Everyone points to the secondary, but the defense as a whole was at least serviceable in the front half of the season, and they were a top-5 unit against the run. But once the line wasn't enough to stop them from getting gashed on the ground, the linebackers got exposed as trash and Reddick had to start taking more snaps off-ball, which weakened the pass rush even further and everything just collapsed from there. Plus, even if guys were willing to put the effort in for Desai, lol at the idea that they were gonna play hard for Matt Patricia.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Vrabel with a reasonably talented defense and major questions at QB? Never seen that work before, sorry.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Physically I am out in the world, being productive.

Mentally I am waiting for head coaching news, like the montage where Homer is waiting multiple days to get his gun.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1750550102421225571?s=20

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Physically I am out in the world, being productive.

Mentally I am waiting for head coaching news, like the montage where Homer is waiting multiple days to get his gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMEwvOa2dfg

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

FizFashizzle posted:

Titans to the panthers seems lime a lateral if not down grade for Vrabel. Question mark sophomore at qb. No receiving weapons, mid to bad rb room and no draft picks. I don't even kno wtf is going on with the panthers defense to speak to it but to me I'd want the panthers job after the guy takes this years opening fails

Also was that bem Johnson to Washington tweet from a legit source?? Seahawks are running out of offensive hotshots to make a splash with if true

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Are they not gonna hire Belichick?!

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1750558449635574041?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Are they not gonna hire Belichick?!
Belichick is retired and he doesn't know it yet.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If Belichick really doesn't get a job it's a clear commentary on how most NFL teams are run by CYA shitbrains who aren't serious about winning.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Belichick only makes sense on a ready to win team. Why the hell would you hire a soon to be 72 year old if you don't have a QB or your roster is 1-2 years out from winning anything?

The Eagles are a no-brainer.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
This one seems unexpected. Hiring a first year coordinator would scare me but who the hell knows

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1750565340042457348?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Professor Funk posted:

This one seems unexpected. Hiring a first year coordinator would scare me but who the hell knows

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1750565340042457348?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

First time coordinating an offense and goes straight to being a HC. I feel like I’ve seen this movie before.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

That is a ROUGH job too. A bad rookie QB, meddling and demanding owner and not much in the way of talent. God bless.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
gently caress you Carolina.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Both Vrabel and Belichick being without a chair when the music stops would be loving wild

What's still left other than Atlanta. Seattle?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Get that money Canales. I not turning down probably $40m guaranteed even if you're saddled with Bryce.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1750567116233679062?s=46

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Diva Cupcake posted:

Belichick is retired and he doesn't know it yet.

Not an empty quote

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Docjowles posted:

Both Vrabel and Belichick being without a chair when the music stops would be loving wild

Atlanta, Seattle, DC. All pretty decent jobs with Seattle maybe being the worst.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mcmagic posted:

That is a ROUGH job too. A bad rookie QB, meddling and demanding owner and not much in the way of talent. God bless.

He's getting a huge salary bump and now his name will permanently be on the Head Coach lists and under consideration for every other job out there unless he bombs so hard he goes 0-17.

The salary bump alone is probably worth like 5 years of being a OC.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Atlanta, Seattle, DC. All pretty decent jobs with Seattle maybe being the worst.

Seattle firing Pete was completely ridiculous.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Docjowles posted:

Vrabel feels a lot more likely than Bill at this point to get a job. Like Impossibly Perfect Sphere said, Bill only makes sense on a team that's ready to go (like Philly), and while I liked him for Atlanta, they probably want a guy that will be around for more than three years.

I can believe this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

A Sneaker Broker posted:

First time coordinating an offense and goes straight to being a HC. I feel like I’ve seen this movie before.
He'll get a fat paycheck from Tepper to pad his resume, and can go back to being an OC after Tepper meddles then fires him in a year and a half.