Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m just tired all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
big same.

I wrote to my insurance provider asking to upgrade to a plan that would cover the "pre-existing" conditions they decided I had that I loving obviously did not know about nor did my doc.

the response I got back was "dear feisty, i want to let you know that you already have a really good plan with us. if you want to talk about upgrading please wait until mid-feb as your policy is due for renewal in early march"

it's like motherfucker, i need to go to the doctor now and not eat another several thousand usd in medical bills because you decided a condition i had no idea i had was "pre-existing"

and it's especially frustrating cuz it's the same company i had when i was at old job and i didn't pay a dime for anything medical related for a decade.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Have you considered becoming a well-armed militia?

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
i think trying to do that in HK or SG would get me thrown in forever jail

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

i think trying to do that in HK or SG would get me thrown in forever jail

What doesn't?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What doesn't?

drinking a nice warm milk tea

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fart simpson posted:

drinking a nice warm milk tea

Bubble gum: Drake no
Bubble tea: Drake yes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I forgot Drake was a nonce. What's the other non-benonced equivalent meme format?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I thought I saw a lavar burton version once

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Fool posted:

I thought I saw a lavar burton version once

Oh yeah! Ironic that there's something where Star Trek is the less-noncey alternative.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

there’s geordi-no/yes, there’s the lady making faces as she tastes something

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

there’s geordi-no/yes, there’s the lady making faces as she tastes something

I forgor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVN7eEkHJFo

you could clip that to replace the "Shaq bamboozled by Kansas" clip, but then again I don't think we need to.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh yeah! Ironic that there's something where Star Trek is the less-noncey alternative.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I forgot Drake was a nonce. What's the other non-benonced equivalent meme format?

Tired:
Wired:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

drake no: drake no: / drake yes:
drake yes: tired: / wired:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tired: Me
Wired: Network and literally every computer peripheral, because of [see above]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a few years ago I put everything I could on ethernet instead of wifi, definitely an old man move but feels good

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

same

my apartment has radiators across one entire side which means there's already a hole drilled through the walls for the water pipe, so I just used that for ethernet and then tucked the cable under the carpet beneath the radiator. neat n tidy and easy to revert back when I move out

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WiFi is printers.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

got a stinger doing a vasalva

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

3D Megadoodoo posted:

WiFi is printers.

printers should be Brother laser printers, ideally monochrome, connected via ethernet

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
generally true though i bought an hp laser printer for my so because they use iron in the black toner which you can take advantage of to permanently embed it into glaze in a kiln

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

mediaphage posted:

generally true though i bought an hp laser printer for my so because they use iron in the black toner which you can take advantage of to permanently embed it into glaze in a kiln

doesn’t that mean that you should buy their toner cartridges, but not their printers?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Subjunctive posted:

printers should be Brother laser printers, ideally monochrome, connected via ethernet

or an Apple Laser Writer II. those beasts were the only printers that survived in student labs.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Subjunctive posted:

i have a monochrome brother laser printer connected via wifi. it's stunningly reliable

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

doesn’t that mean that you should buy their toner cartridges, but not their printers?

yes but it’s weird, hp refuses to make cartridges for my brother for some reason

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

mediaphage posted:

yes but it’s weird, hp refuses to make cartridges for my brother for some reason

He shouldn't be such a jerk, they might be willing to work with him more

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Volmarias posted:

He shouldn't be such a jerk, they might be willing to work with him more

i keep telling him

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Subjunctive posted:

my brother laser printer has wifi and it's been almost 100% stable. only had an issue once and iirc it was a mac issue not a printer issue

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

outhole surfer posted:

then how would a cpap even help? if your o2 isn't dropping off, how is forcing more air in gonna help

It’s like a sleep turbocharger. Then you replace your single rear end with dual asses so you can pass twice as much gas. Then you get ground effects for your bed, I know they don’t actually make it faster but the psychological impact is real.

You’ll sleep way faster than stock.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

echinopsis posted:

one issue our medical system
is gonna face is that so much of it is predicated on a doctor being available

at the moment they are often not. for better or for worse so much stuff is gatekept behind them, which is starting to lead to some significant issues, while a lot of other capable health professionals could possibly do a thing but can’t

Sometimes I feel this way about various things in the medical system. Like maybe we should let a pharmacist or a nurse do X & Y or expand the number of AMA certified doctors.

But then doctors already do stupid stuff. Like I read one guy on r/ADHD saying that the dangers of stimulants are overblown and then elsewhere in his post history I see him saying he works with his doctor to stay at his maximum tolerable dose of like 70mg of amphetamine a day and this is normal and how others should approach taking adhd meds.

Every post, a manic wall of text.

My dad worked in a hospital and every major lawsuit coming his way was the subject of a dinner time rant. I was too young to really understand much but from what I do remember… well sometimes surgeons don’t wash their hands before surgery because they’re rebellious cool guys or something.

Humans are inadequate for some lines of work.

Internet Old One fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 1, 2024

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ideally this is why we have multiple people overseeing certain medications etc

like amphetamines aren’t ya regular daily med for many

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

echinopsis posted:

ideally this is why we have multiple people overseeing certain medications etc

like amphetamines aren’t ya regular daily med for many

around here your average techbro is on buckets of stimulants from their childhood adhd diagnosis through to their doctor informing them of heart failure at 47

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
one of my coworkers doesn’t even drink coffee. idk how you can do this job without at least 20mg of adderall to be honest.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

one of my coworkers doesn’t even drink coffee. idk how you can do this job without at least 20mg of adderall to be honest.

i just drink coffee

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i should ask my doc about getting methed up. i have zero motivation for basic home maintenance

paradoxically, job is satisfied with my performance tho the lack of motivation isnt much better, merely tempered by having to do it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lack of motivation can be caused by a lot of things and adhd is only one of them. i would talk to a mental health professional and ask for an assessment because a stimulant may not be the proper medication for your particular issue. adhd has a lot of other signs ime but brain issues are pretty variable

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Carthag Tuek posted:

i should ask my doc about getting methed up. i have zero motivation for basic home maintenance

paradoxically, job is satisfied with my performance tho the lack of motivation isnt much better, merely tempered by having to do it

have u considered hiring a house cleaner instead of methamphetamine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

mediaphage posted:

lack of motivation can be caused by a lot of things and adhd is only one of them. i would talk to a mental health professional and ask for an assessment because a stimulant may not be the proper medication for your particular issue. adhd has a lot of other signs ime but brain issues are pretty variable

well i already have 3 diagnoses so whats one more lol

fart simpson posted:

have u considered hiring a house cleaner instead of methamphetamine?

im not made of money, also i dont like having people around (ut supra)