Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ready to be king of trash!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

4* will be Gallagher, Screwllum could still be a 5*

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm not even into dudes but I approve of all the new hot men (based)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

gently caress me. I mean, I'm happy Gallagher's coming sooner. But also I'm not gonna have that much jades after 2.0 and this kinda messes up my plan to get Gepard from the selector, since if the rerun 5* isn't who I want then I'm effectively also pulling for Aventurine.

Maybe I skip BS or Sparkle so I could have enough jades? But that's crazy talk when I have E1 Kafka and E2 DHIL.

Man why couldn't he have been a 5*

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Excelzior posted:

Was so happy that I can skip 2.0 but turns out 2.1 has got me good.

Well I don't really care about Acheron but oh my god Gallagher and Aventurine. :swoon:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

blizzardvizard posted:

The cash sparks are their main moneymakers. The skins and whatnot are just a nice extra. The "endgame" of GBF is an insane days-long score-grinding PVP guild war and the players who are already neck-deep into that would be shelling out for a spark multiple times for full limit break weapons or whatever.

The constant free draws are probably also meant to nudge people into paying for a spark since after all they already got like 80 pulls "for free"

big doubt, i top tier every gw and never paid to even finish a spark in all my years playing. you just... accrue them for free, if youre playing regularly. absolute must own game changing units arent even released regularly enough to outpace the 3-5 sparks you'll get in a year spending no money, lol. meanwhile they're releasing limited pool scam tickets almost constantly and a shitload of people will throw money at a one-time 7.33% shot at the new OP summon or one seasonal they really really want. not to mention the massive amount of real life merch cygames pushes.
the only big whale bait things are the OP unsparkable summons Eej mentioned, and even those you can buy outright with the ssr dupe currency.

Excelzior posted:

oh HELL yes he almost has facial hair, we are in a brave new era of dudes rocking!!!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

His shirt is doing that thing where the button can barely contain his boobs

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Boob windows are the official uniform now.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
he's wearing a gat dang harness. I love gacha actually

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gallagher is interesting and all but now I'm psyched about a possible 2.2 Sam & Screwllum robo-extravanganza

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

El Burbo posted:

His shirt is doing that thing where the button can barely contain his boobs

And it could've been more

Praying he's gonna be an OP support option for DoT/break focused teams specifically even if his sustain is subpar. I don't need him to compete with Huohuo or Luocha in healing, just for him to have a clear niche over the 5*s. Though if he somehow becomes the Bennett of HSR I won't complain either

I legitimately got Kafka way back in 1.2 because I was expecting Gallagher and Ruan Mei to be the Break Effect sustain-support duo, and DoT comps are the comps that can take advantage of BE the most. He's a 4* now but I hope that's still gonna be true.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

having a fire healer is nice cause you can run him on asta/fire dps/wolf teams

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2690970/_/

also, there's a f2p spinoff game thats just plants vs zombies??? its chinese only but i doubt its that plot intensive

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mix. posted:

:shittypop: i didnt even know the ranking went that high

which rating site is that btw

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

blizzardvizard posted:

And it could've been more

Praying he's gonna be an OP support option for DoT/break focused teams specifically even if his sustain is subpar. I don't need him to compete with Huohuo or Luocha in healing, just for him to have a clear niche over the 5*s. Though if he somehow becomes the Bennett of HSR I won't complain either

I legitimately got Kafka way back in 1.2 because I was expecting Gallagher and Ruan Mei to be the Break Effect sustain-support duo, and DoT comps are the comps that can take advantage of BE the most. He's a 4* now but I hope that's still gonna be true.

Actually Xueyi is the comp that takes advantage of BE the most...

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Well Xueyi didn't have the BE to DMG scaling in those early leaks!!

Also Gallagher's old and new leaks say he's inflicting a debuff that increases Break DMG taken so he doesn't give BE to the party per se

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Those buttons are doing some work.

Someone quote me on this, I think Gallaghar means we're getting Luocha on the second half of 2.1.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Excelzior posted:

Codename dapper. Not sure about the green but I suppose it might work.

High visibility neat casual.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Endorph posted:

which rating site is that btw

I'm 90% sure it's https://www.mobilemeta.gg/honkai-starrail/app/relic-scorer

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

The relic scorer is great until you start seeing the Ds and cry in rng. Rn my Topaz is my best and my kafka is pretty good, but most of mine are C because I’d rather farm traces

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Excelzior posted:

Thank goodness, I need another healer. And a gamerfuel bro? My freaking wallet.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Genovera posted:

I hadn't looked at him too closely before. It's cool that he has follow-ups; he would go well with my Topaz/Ratio/SW team instead of Luocha. Not much chance I'll have the tickets for him after Black Swan, though.

You know, between Adventurine, Ratio and Topaz, I'm starting to think "Follow-ups" might end up a staple of IPC characters in general. Not exclusively theirs of course.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hopefully, Gallagher isn't on Adventurine's banner. If I even pull for Adventurine. I have Luocha and Fu Xuan. I don't need him.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Gold and gears full erudition blessing stack with a bunch of elation thrown in is probably the most fun I’ve had in this game yet, especially when the game stutters a bit as all the numbers pop up on an ultimate lol. Can’t wait to unlock the company dice.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Sleng Teng posted:

Gold and gears full erudition blessing stack with a bunch of elation thrown in is probably the most fun I’ve had in this game yet, especially when the game stutters a bit as all the numbers pop up on an ultimate lol. Can’t wait to unlock the company dice.

Would you say you are... Elated?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

In the end, I must admit. I said: Aha!

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I think that's what that song Hibana is about.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

oh my god Gallagher and Aventurine. :swoon:

to the point where i might just abandon finishing my very invested nihility team and skip black swan

blizzardvizard posted:

Also Gallagher's old and new leaks say he's inflicting a debuff that increases Break DMG taken so he doesn't give BE to the party per se

i’m going to have to look at these leaks because if that’s applied to his technique, i could have the funniest ruan mei/guinaifen SU boss clears

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Well I was waiting for a Luocha or Fu Xuan rerun, but now I'm hearing Adventurine might be Gepard++, and would slot perfectly in my "All-FUA All the Time" team? Well drat!

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

To be fair to Gepard, he provides his shields with his ult and always uses basic attacks, so he's more sp positive. Not that I'm too worried about Aventurine needing sp to shield, since Topaz can just use basics unless I have excess sp or need to retarget Numby. But it might matter for some teams.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Adventurine sounds like he's tailor-made for the Topaz/Ratio/Silver Wolf team. There's plenty of sp to throw around.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

Adventurine sounds like he's tailor-made for the Topaz/Ratio/Silver Wolf team. There's plenty of sp to throw around.

I really hope I can scrape together enough tickets to get him. I certainly can't rely on good luck though:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Aventurine's leaked kit looks more like a DPS-sustain hybrid rather than a full sustain. Might be part Harmony too since he gives card suits with unclear effects to the party when he shields them.

Though Fu Xuan also started as a DPS hybrid, and the DPS components got scrubbed almost entirely from her kit, so who knows if Aventurine's gonna be the same way. I'm inclined to think he'll get to keep it though since sustain units need a niche more than any other archetypes to set them apart.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

If Aventurine can be a full sustain then I will pull for him, he's too adorable and seems like a fun villain. I have Kafka already, so going for Black Swan over Acheron seems like an easy choice, especially if Acheron turns out to be just a flat edgelord type character. I'm trying convince myself to stop buying the travel pass, but they keep serving up great characters and Penacony seems like its going to be a blast in general.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Even if Aventurine does have some DPS stuff, I'd be surprised if he or any future 5* Preservation or Abundance can't solo sustain. That would make it hard to fit them on a team for MoC and make them kind of unappealing to pull for a lot of people.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm saving for Sunday but I might go for Aventurine if I've got enough pulls stocked or Fu Xuan isn't announced for a rerun.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Genovera posted:

To be fair to Gepard, he provides his shields with his ult and always uses basic attacks

nuh uh he uses his skill all the time

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
To be fair his Skill can cause Freeze, and Freeze is real real good. It's absolutely viable to use his Skill all the drat time if you can.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm definitely waiting for more official information on Adventurine. I don't need him for sustain unless they start requiring a third team in MoC. I want Sam because he's a mecha, and I want Screwllum because he's a robot overlord. I also want to slow down on my spending because there's other toys I want to buy.

Despite having Kafka and a DoT team, Black Swan's design doesn't really appeal to me. Sparkle looks cool, but I want the others more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Mix. posted:

:shittypop: i didnt even know the ranking went that high

You can also get OP-ranked ones.