Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Another win for Xbox, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Killing the Blizz survival MMO was probably a good move regardless

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

"We're not gonna lay people off right after the acquisition. And they're making a survivors game, anyway. That needs to come first"
"Phil..."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

put sekiro and cod on gp now , thanks Papa Phil

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ZeeBoi posted:

Killing the Blizz survival MMO was probably a good move regardless

probably yeah, but man there's basically no triple A dev takign a shot at the survival game market which is crazy considering how palworld is popping off

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

queeb posted:

probably yeah, but man there's basically no triple A dev takign a shot at the survival game market which is crazy considering how palworld is popping off

Flash in the pan. We won’t be talking about it anymore by the time spring or summer comes around.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

put sekiro and cod on gp now , thanks Papa Phil

Sekiro doesn’t belong to Activision

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Also Pokemon® has stated they are officially investigating it to see if any legal action needs to be taken.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Reboot Space Quest, Phil

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Blizzard has been a disaster so the firings there are not a shock

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I'm curious to see how much of it is genuine overlap that gets let go because acquiring them almost doubled the size of their gaming division. Ybarra leaving after saying he'd have to be dragged out a few months ago is probably a bad sign though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

queeb posted:

Excuse me, Yakuza: Infinite Wealth??

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Is Diablo 4 even considered a success? I think that would be the only real big success Blizzard has had in years if so.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
The merger is too new for some unforeseen catastrophe to have occured. This is almost certainly Microsoft barging in a John Wick costume and locking the doors behind them.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is Diablo 4 even considered a success? I think that would be the only real big success Blizzard has had in years if so.

It sold a lot of copies but idk how much they paid for advertising.

It's Fine, imo.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Phoix posted:

Ybarra leaving after saying he'd have to be dragged out a few months ago is probably a bad sign though
I don't think it's an especially hot take to say that Blizzard could kind of do with a change of management, given all of the Everything, and all of the Everything After That.

The cancellation of the survival game is a bit of a surprise though - I remember hearing that was the one project there that developers were actually enthused about working on. For it to get binned so thoroughly, it must've been an absolute howler from an external perspective...

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Phoix posted:

I'm curious to see how much of it is genuine overlap that gets let go because acquiring them almost doubled the size of their gaming division. Ybarra leaving after saying he'd have to be dragged out a few months ago is probably a bad sign though

i guess they dragged his sorry rear end out

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

ZeeBoi posted:

Sekiro doesn’t belong to Activision

They’re the publisher, it’s up to them whether it goes on Game Pass or not.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i dont care who owns it, put it on GP

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Blizzard thought they were creating a survival game, but the real fight for survival…. was their own!!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

exquisite tea posted:

Blizzard thought they were creating a survival game, but the real fight for survival…. was their own!!

I like it when you post like the Soul Caliber 2 narrator

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Survival games are fail, so, no big loss.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

External Organs posted:

Survival games are fail, so, no big loss.
I don’t think that would have been a big seller anyway

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don’t think that would have been a big seller anyway

What if it was populated by a large number of attractive cartoony men and women with simple but distinct and marketable personalities?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Kevyn posted:

They’re the publisher, it’s up to them whether it goes on Game Pass or not.

Publishing deal with From, who is still the owner. From published it themselves outside the west. Activision didn’t get the IP rights for it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/will-microsoft-now-own-sekiro-shadows-die-twice/1100-6499717/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BonoMan posted:

Also Pokemon® has stated they are officially investigating it to see if any legal action needs to be taken.

That’s not exactly what they said.

Also riot laid off 11% of its staff as well. We are going to see lots of cuts before the year is out.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Yup

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

External Organs posted:

I like it when you post like the Soul Caliber 2 narrator

A tale of souls sold, eternally retold…

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s gonna be a rough year for a lot of people

https://x.com/zhugeex/status/1750530203468849230?s=46&t=DvvqeOcggle6VW8Wu5D9WA

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Weapon Master mode ruled

E: apparently people are DMing him to find out if they got fired

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://x.com/jasonschreier/status/1750543289227284649?s=20

Imagine reading about being possibly laid off on news outlets before actually being told if you’re affected. Good job MS.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

FireWorksWell posted:

Weapon Master mode ruled

Some of the labyrinths were pretty grueling.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

FireWorksWell posted:

Weapon Master mode ruled

Absolutely. I was annoyed that SC2HD got delisted on Xbox. loving Spawn!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

ZeeBoi posted:

Publishing deal with From, who is still the owner. From published it themselves outside the west. Activision didn’t get the IP rights for it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/will-microsoft-now-own-sekiro-shadows-die-twice/1100-6499717/

Right. And that would matter if we were talking about making a sequel, which we’re not. We’re just talking about putting the first game on GP, which is up to the publisher who is Activision.

Edit: Okay I actually clicked on the link. I’m wrong according to that article. Still seems strange to me. I assumed GP deals were strictly publisher based.

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 25, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

xbox takes yet another L :eyepop: PHIL WHAT ARE YOU DOING???

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

welcome posted:

Some of the labyrinths were pretty grueling.

Definitely, I remember some gimmicks pissing me off as a kid like bomb tag

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Absolutely. I was annoyed that SC2HD got delisted on Xbox. loving Spawn!

Aw that bums me out. He was one of my mains too

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Kevyn posted:

Right. And that would matter if we were talking about making a sequel, which we’re not. We’re just talking about putting the first game on GP, which is up to the publisher who is Activision.

Activision.

Are not.

The publisher.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Seedge posted:

Activision.

Are not.

The publisher.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Publishing rights and who owns the IP are completely separate things and without us knowing what the original terms of that deal were and how they might carry over in changes of ownership, we just don't know how applies to putting it on Gamepass or anything. That Gamespot article is obviously speculation banged out by some writer just told to get SEO hits from Google searches. That's not definitive but neither is probably anything else we can point to either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

MarcusSA posted:

That’s not exactly what they said.

"We intend to investigate and take appropriate measures to address any acts that infringe on intellectual property rights related to the Pokémon."