Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Maudib Arakkis posted:

One time a lady asked me the last book I read and I said dune and she said “oh the racist kids book? Cool.” So what say you?

I feel like your username indicates a certain level of bias re: Frank Herbert's Dune series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Toxic Mental posted:

I rewatched the 1984 movie again in its entirety and one of the weirdest moments is where the Baron learns about Alia and starts flipping out and screaming. I swear it's one of the weird edits that must have been meant for some other dialogue or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4efFOCJNnLg&t=123s

That Floating Fatman is a great username

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Brain Curry posted:

That Floating Fatman is a great username

Jose Ferrer sells that line hard and it rules

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Man, finally broke and got the 4k ULTRA HD WOWZERS EDITION Blu Ray of the new Dunc, because I just don't think there's an iMax version coming out ever if it's not coming out in advance of the squeakuell (little Maud'dib reference there).

Anyway, watching it my wife was like, "Why didn't we just watch this on Netflix, the quality here is really grainy anyway" referring to all the digital grain. ALL THE DIGITAL GRAIN. My God. It's SO intrusive, like half the scenes in the film look like they've got ants running all over them.

It's not my TV setup, it's added that way onto the film. I hadn't really noticed it when it was showing on Amazon, I guess it's only with the 4k megafancy res version that it's quite so glaring, but... gently caress.

I like to imagine it's just the sensation of my eyes becoming eyes of the ibad while I'm watching it.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

It's not digital grain exactly. They shot it on digital and then transferred it to 35mm film. They tried test shoots directly onto 35mm and 65mm but the sand was causing issues and getting into the camera bodies. That was an issue back when Laurence of Arabia was filmed too.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

It's not digital grain exactly. They shot it on digital and then transferred it to 35mm film. They tried test shoots directly onto 35mm and 65mm but the sand was causing issues and getting into the camera bodies. That was an issue back when Laurence of Arabia was filmed too.

Ah, I see. I mean, I guess the net effect is the same, but that's at least a bit more excusable. Even so, it's quite frustrating. It does look exactly like the digital grain that you do get in other stuff though. Apparently it looks good and we like it, and like, I believe that's the case, I guess on cinema screens? But it just really isn't true for the home release. I know Denis did basically say "Watch this at the cinema, it will look poo poo at home" so fair play.

Luckily they've just re-released the first film at iMax cinemas, so I'll try and go see it again on a big proper iMax laser screen while that's still possible. (Because maddeningly, it probably never will be again short of very specific showings!)

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I hate sand

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
the real travelling without moving

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/hella_girth/status/1749475252684640426

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

bless the (spit) coffee maker

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That's just the Great Serpent of Ronka

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

shockedshaihulud.png

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
You finally made a worm god
(Yes we finally made a worm god)
Yes you finally made a worm god out of me!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ImpAtom posted:

isn't that dude a mod?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

ImpAtom posted:

Ah, from beloved children's book Chawlie and the Chocolate Factowy

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

isn't that dude a mod?

An admin, actually

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

Really, not chai hulud? I am dissapointed.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/dunemovie/status/1750355950010302516

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I paid $100 for Starfield to play it one weekend early. This is peanuts.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

FBS posted:

So you’re saying we should wait?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FBS posted:

I'm sorry for your loss.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FBS posted:

Yeah...this makes me think of the time I bought Elden Ring which is totally, absolutely, we promise not a Dark Souls game and played it for five minutes and said gently caress you this bullshit is Dark Souls and deleted it immediately.

I hope everyone involved with FromSoftware gets syphilis and goes insane

edit: I may have misread the subtext and this might not be the right thread I've had some cold pops

kiimo fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 25, 2024

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

Yeah...this makes me think of the time I bought Elden Ring which is totally, absolutely, we promise not a Dark Souls game and played it for five minutes and said gently caress you this bullshit is Dark Souls and deleted it immediately.

edit: I may have misread the subtext and this might not be the right thread I've had some cold pops

lmao, another fail post

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm pretty sure being insane from syphilis is at the very least a plus on your resume at From Software

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

lmao, another fail post

Just incredible

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Can a skill issue cause syphilis?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

kiimo posted:

I had a dream you beat elden ring :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kalel posted:

I had a dream you beat elden ring :)

that dream you had was actually just a message i left for you that was marked 'fine' 10191 times

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Isn't he a perma'd rereg?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am ready for my 3 hour imax Hollywood epic

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The dreaded triple anus.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Where's the ring

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
in kiimo's videogame, we just covered this

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bubblyblubber posted:

in kiimo's videogame, we just covered this

drunk posting, many men have tried

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol, that typo at the end again. The book is called dunE, not dunc

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

what a sick image

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

ImpAtom posted:

The dreaded triple anus.

Dreaded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Crosspost

Lemme just plunge my hand in this spiky anus for some buttery goodness