Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The official dock has DP support, other docks are going to be a crapshoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/with-soulslike-these-you-need-enemies

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well, Remnant’s really good at least.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I had a good time with Hellpoint but don’t spend too much on it

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Clash: Artifact of Chaos is a lot of fun (if an acquired taste)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The guy who did the number crunching for everyone's goty lists recommended Clash to me so maybe I'll give it a go.

Remnant is real good though, and the sequel is even better.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I guess Enshrouded just came out if someone needed yet another early access co op survival/crafting game

Enshrouded is extremely good and it's a shame it'll probably get overshadowed by Palworld for a while.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Serephina posted:

-----

Different topic: are there any good Mech games as of late? My system cannot possibly handle Armoured Core 6 which is what I crave (I own a Geforce 960), but like there has to be other big stompy robot games out there? Doesn't even have to be first person, third-person squads are fine by me too. Basically if IntoTheBreach had FrontMission style customization I'd be in heaven. Just without the jrpg grind, please.

Battletech is still an extremely good mech game

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
MECHS

Jarvisi posted:

Battletech is still an extremely good mech game
I have given that game, like, four or five serious attempts. Despite the loyalty to the source material, it finally clicked when someone else described the moment-to-moment gameplay as dull & unengaging. And they where right! As a contrast, lovely old Mechcommander 2 had no fidelity, zero depth, and oversimplified levels, but it still had the magic touch and was fun to see the mechs stomp around and pilots yelling.

A good poster posted:

Someone tweaked the Heavy Gear games to work on modern systems.
Played them back in the day, loved it.

Kibayasu posted:

Mechwarrior 5 has its issues but I think it’s still pretty good. Lots of mods to add more stuff as desired as well.
Reviews say to buy all the DLC on sale (or don't buy at all), plus shove a bunch of mods on to make it work well. Not quite the best sales pitch, but eh why not, it's now on the wishlist?

Awesome! posted:

ive had this thing on my wishlist for awhile but i have no clue if there is grinding or not https://store.steampowered.com/app/1167450/DAEMON_X_MACHINA/
YES! It's totally "we have anime AC at home", but the goddamn thing doesn't work on my system (proton) and it drives me nuts!

I dunno, the trailers never felt like what I was looking for. One vs many, stealth segments etc all sound like swell design, but it's not quite right?

Jack Trades posted:

Mech games? Those don't exist anymore.

Uhh...Front Mission 1st Remake and Mech Engineer (Early Access) are the only ones I can think of.
Mech Engineer I'm keeping an eye out for, when it's done its EA stint. I have... never heard of this Front Mission remake, downloading the demo now!

-------

Thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated!

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Looks like Oblivion Override is out of early access and is now 1.0: anyone have impressions on it? Looks like it might be some fun stylish Dead Cells-esque gameplay based on when I tried it back in NextFest, but not sure about it long-term.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Serephina posted:

Different topic: are there any good Mech games as of late? My system cannot possibly handle Armoured Core 6 which is what I crave (I own a Geforce 960), but like there has to be other big stompy robot games out there? Doesn't even have to be first person, third-person squads are fine by me too. Basically if IntoTheBreach had FrontMission style customization I'd be in heaven. Just without the jrpg grind, please.

Phantom Brigade, maybe

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Brigador doesn't have stealth so much as quiet periods where you choose how you tackle the next group of enemies, FWIW. The most fragile vehicles do have to play in a very hit and run manner since some weapons can wreck them very fast but you can always just play one of the big stompy mechs or tanks and take on stuff head on.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Serephina posted:

MECHS
I have given that game, like, four or five serious attempts. Despite the loyalty to the source material, it finally clicked when someone else described the moment-to-moment gameplay as dull & unengaging. And they where right! As a contrast, lovely old Mechcommander 2 had no fidelity, zero depth, and oversimplified levels, but it still had the magic touch and was fun to see the mechs stomp around and pilots yelling.
Despite having over 100 hours in the game...I sorta agree. Unlike something like XCOM, the moment to moment gameplay just isn't that varied and it doesn't help that it's a very muddy looking game. But hell, I just love mechs. I beat it around launch, then more recently played 2/3 of a fanmade campaign (Hyades Rim) before ultimately abandoning because of how repetitive it was. Didn't help that while some of the missions actually were unique, most were just vaguely remixed prefab objectives.

Now, that said, I did flirt briefly with the BTA3062 mod and thought the underlying complexity was immediately more satisfying and I know that it has a shitload of new mechs and weapons,so I'll definitely be returning one of these days.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
How does DxM hold up now that we've got a real Armored Core to compare it to?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Battletech is my favorite mech game of all time, but the caveat to that is that it's only with BTA3062. I couldn't get into the vanilla game at all for a lot of the reasons already covered here but BTA3062 is incredible. Speeding up the overall gameplay is a big part of that, plus all the additional customization and tactical options.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah there are three huge overhaul mods in the BTech scene that range from vanilla+++ to "someone stop these people". Sadly the game's already creaky performance suffers quite a bit with all of them, to different degrees.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Next Fest is, if you can believe it, coming again in two weeks, starting February 5th.

it sounds like the sequel to Perfect Tides will be participating (or at least, having a demo at some point in February). Luna Abyss is expanding their demo to have more content. Botany Manor is updating their demo for the event as well.

Pocketpair's (you may have heard of them recently) Hollow Knight clone Never Grave has a demo going live tomorrow.

Some other demos that will be going up/getting updated:

Chicken Police: Into the Hive
Crypt Custodian (Islets dev)
Dreaming Isles
Emberward
Duel Corp
Eden's Guardian
Gloomy Juncture
Hive Jump Survivors
Lysfanga: the Time Shift Warrior
Mullet Madjack (this one looks sick)
Planetiles
Southfield
Stellar Settlers
Summerhouse (by the designer of Islanders)
Time Flipper
Wakerunners

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The 7th Guest posted:

All Cocks Are Bastards

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
Just finished The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog. It was pretty fun! Except for the bullshit infinite runner sections

I'm in the mood for another visual novel. Does The House In Fata Morgana have multiple paths? Is there a way to rewind to choice points without having to go through everything again?

Does it have bullshit infinite runner sections?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The 7th Guest posted:

Next Fest is, if you can believe it, coming again in two weeks, starting February 5th.

it sounds like the sequel to Perfect Tides will be participating (or at least, having a demo at some point in February). Luna Abyss is expanding their demo to have more content. Botany Manor is updating their demo for the event as well.

Pocketpair's (you may have heard of them recently) Hollow Knight clone Never Grave has a demo going live tomorrow.

Some other demos that will be going up/getting updated:

Crypt Custodian (Islets dev)
Dreaming Isles
Emberward
Duel Corp
Eden's Guardian
Gloomy Juncture
Hive Jump Survivors
Lysfanga: the Time Shift Warrior
Mullet Madjack (this one looks sick)
Planetiles
Southfield
Stellar Settlers
Summerhouse (by the designer of Islanders)
Time Flipper
Wakerunners

Starcraft 2-wannabe Stormgate will also be launching a playable beta during the fest too.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Gorilla Radio posted:

Just finished The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog. It was pretty fun! Except for the bullshit infinite runner sections

I'm in the mood for another visual novel. Does The House In Fata Morgana have multiple paths? Is there a way to rewind to choice points without having to go through everything again?

Does it have bullshit infinite runner sections?

There are some choices, but it's mostly linear.

There are no bullshit infinite runner sections, only good infinite runner sections. Meaning, there are NO infinite runner sections. The only good infinite runner sections are the ones that don't exist.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
TMoStH's running sections are very finite. :colbert: (still bad)

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

wait is like a dragon 8 and tekken 8 coming out within like half a day of each other i only have so much money!!!!!!

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Artelier posted:

wait is like a dragon 8 and tekken 8 coming out within like half a day of each other i only have so much money!!!!!!

Well it's easy to skip Like A Dragon for now at least. Not only do you put off Yong Yea's dub if for some godforsaken reason you play in English but Sega decided to Sega and locked NG+ behind a paywall. Give it enough time and hopefully they reverse that decision or it'll be on sale cheap enough that it's not as egregious.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Enshrouded is extremely good and it's a shame it'll probably get overshadowed by Palworld for a while.

enshrouded reminds me of foreskin so i wont be playing that game

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tornhelm posted:

Well it's easy to skip Like A Dragon for now at least. Not only do you put off Yong Yea's dub if for some godforsaken reason you play in English but Sega decided to Sega and locked NG+ behind a paywall. Give it enough time and hopefully they reverse that decision or it'll be on sale cheap enough that it's not as egregious.

ng+ only matters if there are ng+ features. just playing through the game again with endgame stats isn't very interesting.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Serephina posted:

MECHS

Thank Kerensky, I am not alone. I thought I was going crazy since goons offer so much praise for it, but I even tried it with one of the overhaul mods and I still found it very boring most of the time. Mechcommander Gold nailed the tactical mech... Commanding action and remains the... Gold standard for me.

Lancer Tactics is not out for a few months and is very indie, but it is looking promising based on the demo and fhe source material.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Velocity Raptor posted:

You're just upset people are finally playing a game they bought on Steam. :colbert:

It's true!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
It's not my thing, but I respect the people who play Yakuza games with their typical 60-100h first playthrough and then head into NG+ because clearly that wasn't enough.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

i dont, that's time they could spend playing another yakuza game instead

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

i dont, that's time they could spend playing another yakuza game instead

This is pretty much why I’ve never spent more than an hour or two on an NG+ in any given Yakuza game. They take so long to beat and the release schedule is quick enough that I always have a backlog of them to play if I want to play more Yakuza.

It’s probably good if you want to clear out the achievement list but 100 percenting a Yakuza game is for the clinically batshit, except maybe 6 where it’ll still require a level of dedication that borders on insanity.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
They haven’t had achievements which require NG+ for a while, and they also got rid of the missable side stuff. You can get everything in Premium Adventure now which makes NG+ largely obsolete.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

uiruki posted:

They haven’t had achievements which require NG+ for a while, and they also got rid of the missable side stuff. You can get everything in Premium Adventure now which makes NG+ largely obsolete.

6 had a trophy tied to the baby shaking minigame that only appears once, in the main story. That’s the last missable achievement I can think of that you’d maybe do NG+ to mop up and that was like 6 years ago.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ugly In The Morning posted:

6 had a trophy tied to the baby shaking minigame that only appears once, in the main story. That’s the last missable achievement I can think of that you’d maybe do NG+ to mop up and that was like 6 years ago.

Only bad dads can't shake their baby properly. And I dare anyone playing Y6 to come out here and reveal they were bad at being Kiryu, who's the best dad in all of Japan.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
https://www.theverge.com/2024/1/25/24049050/microsoft-activision-blizzard-layoffs

Microsoft is laying off 1,900 employees at Activision Blizzard and Xbox this week. While Microsoft is primarily laying off roles at Activision Blizzard, some Xbox and ZeniMax employees will also be impacted by the cuts.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Okay this skating game looks very, very cool

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1295630/Helskate/

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ichiban my beloved

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Okay this skating game looks very, very cool

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1295630/Helskate/

i guess i should try the demo, see if they actually nailed the feel at all

if you want a game that is Literally Just Tony Hawk you need to wishlist https://store.steampowered.com/app/2005910/Olliefrog_Toad_Skater/ asap because the demo feels awesome

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

At least they paid Bobby K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Anyone here play dotAGE? Saw it was on sale and looks interesting.