Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I am obsessed with jalapeño anchovy feta + mozzarella pizza and I will not be ashamed of it

You should be!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BlindSite posted:

You should be!

Just grow up and try it, worst case you just pick off the anchovies

It’s a fantastic blend of salty umami with spice and then extra cream to increase the spice

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Just grow up and try it, worst case you just pick off the anchovies

It’s a fantastic blend of salty umami with spice and then extra cream to increase the spice

tbh the only thing I didn't like is the jalapenos. I'd probably sub em for some calabrian chilis

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

BlindSite posted:

tbh the only thing I didn't like is the jalapenos. I'd probably sub em for some calabrian chilis

wh

What

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

actually thinking about it that doesnt sound so bad.. i retract my confused utterance

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Jalapeños are rear end. Replace them with good chili's you loving plebs

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Serrano supremacy

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Reminds me of that Boise state fiesta bowl, most ridiculous game I've ever seen

2007? That poo poo was lit.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I was waiting to pick up a relative from the airport at the time that game was going on and was listening to it on the radio during the 4th quarter and it was indeed as insane as I remember it being. The ESPN radio commentary guys were especially out of their minds about it at the time.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ches Neckbeard posted:

pickled jalapenos are good. this is my one white person take.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*puts jalapenos and/or banana peppers on homemade pizzas*

Oh yeah. that's the stuff.

Maybe sometimes some habaneros, too. In lieu of the other peppers.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Borsche69 posted:

meathead ftw. and i've been wanting to get a deli slicer for awhile, although this year is probably gonna go to a new smoker first. there's a lot of backlog cooking projects though, like bacon, pickles, bitterballen (which ive done before but have been meaning to do again), and then a bunch of indonesian stuff so i can set up my own rijstafel.

pit beef sounds like the easiest out of any of that, though. meathead recommends getting all the fat off, and he's right to, but i think i'd trim the fat, keep it, season the beef but then cook the fat with the beef. and then when the fat is cooked, i'd dice that up real small and mix it in with slices of pit beef.

i was kinda set on doing fried chicken on sunday but i may reverse course. i think the big thing is probably looking up a good kaiser roll recipe, or seeing if i can source some down here in southern maryland.

i dont really need anymore poo poo but my main smoker cooking projects i wanna do that i havent before are curing my own bacon and turning some corned beef into pastrami and drat those would be nice with a slicer

but yeah the humble pit beef sandwich, like the underdog baltimore ravens themselves, deserves its time in the sun

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

My biggest problem with the 49ers is if they win we get a Superbowl re-run. Ravens/49ers had all different players and the Harbowl thing, but it's still pretty recent history. Chiefs/49ers, hell. We did that just a few years back with basically all the same dudes. The biggest difference is no Tyreek, and we upgraded to Jimmy G Premium Edition.

I actually was thinking about this the other day so I did some research: there are only 9 Niners players on the current roster who were on the team in 2019 (Ward played in the game but he was on KC back then, lol), and 3 of them were rookies at the time. Most of them are pretty prominent as you would expect, but I know nobody will be able to name them all without looking it up.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I actually was thinking about this the other day so I did some research: there are only 9 Niners players on the current roster who were on the team in 2019 (Ward played in the game but he was on KC back then, lol), and 3 of them were rookies at the time. Most of them are pretty prominent as you would expect, but I know nobody will be able to name them all without looking it up.

I definitely know 8 of the 9
Juszczyk, Deebo, Warner, Greenlaw, Bosa, Kittle, Wishnowsky, Armstead…

Is the last one technically Jason Verrett?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Q_res posted:

I will brook no slander of the king of pan/deep dish style pizzas.

King of poo poo is still poo poo

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Borsche69 posted:

With SF my go to guess would probably be Cioppino? That actually sounds good as gently caress in the winter right now.

My wife and I make this for every New Years Day and it's good, but expensive as hell to buy all that seafood. I wouldn't volunteer to make it for a bunch of people.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

With SF my go to guess would probably be Cioppino? That actually sounds good as gently caress in the winter right now.

Yes and they now sell it at Costco so if there is a SF/KC Super Bowl I will buy some. But making it when I’m the only one in my house who will eat it is too much.

Generally I make burritos for San Diego (I’m not acknowledging the move), and Crab legs or just a buffet for Vegas. (I am acknowledging the move)

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

BlindSite posted:

You should be!

you’re being a real FAT32 SHAMER SHAMER here

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

DeimosRising posted:

I definitely know 8 of the 9
Juszczyk, Deebo, Warner, Greenlaw, Bosa, Kittle, Wishnowsky, Armstead…

Is the last one technically Jason Verrett?

it's Ross Dwelley, lol

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I think feta sucks as a pizza topping and honestly don’t care for it too much altogether, that’s my white person food take

I did however make a Detroit pizza a couple weeks ago and while my oven can’t get hot enough to really brown the edges and bottom it was still super crunchy and crispy and tasty!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Victorious Radia posted:

i was unironically shocked when i became adult and saw other city and learned deep dish isn't like, a thing there?? y'all pizzas only come flat and poo poo?? drat

yeah other places have normal pizza not some weird tomato loaf you should try it some time

I am loathe to hand New York anything but they sure figured out pizza

Ghost Dog posted:

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/beef-and-bison-recipes/amped-roast-beef-cheap-baltimore-pit-beef-recipe/

ive done this a bunch, if you got a sharp knife and get it against the grain its thin and tender enough. cut at an angle and dont make whole pieces just kinda shave that poo poo off

it has absolutely made me consider getting a deli slicer tho yeah

This looks good as hell. Growing up in MA roast beef sandwiches with cheese, bbq sauce and mayo are regionally popular but they aren’t done on a grill/smoker it’s just like deli roast beef. Shaved so thin it’s not even really distinct slices just a messy pile of meat. This topping combo is called a three way which totally isn’t awkward to order from some crusty old lady at the counter. I was never a huge fan but the people who like em REALLY like them. This preparation looks more my speed

Strongly considering this now if Baltimore makes The Big Game

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Grozz Nuy posted:

Hmm...

Bosa, Warner, Greenlaw, Deebo, Kittle come to mind immediately. I think Wish, too. That's 6. Juszczyk would be 7.

Maybe Pepper?

And...oh yeah. Armstrong.

Those are my 9 guesses. I've gotta be pretty close.

E: Just saw your list. Dwelley was my 10th guess but I went with Pepper because your post made it seem like the last one was gonna be obscure.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Docjowles posted:

yeah other places have normal pizza not some weird tomato loaf you should try it some time

NY pizza is the less good little brother to CT pizza

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The best pizza I ever had was from a pizzeria inside a gas station in Hartford. I can't explain it, it just was.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Nodoze posted:

:hmmyes:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Docjowles posted:

are you confusing detroit and chicag style. i dont think u know what detroit style looks like. v strange

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nodoze posted:

Finally, a correct Pizza take

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

california pizza is the best pizza

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

mods?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

What the gently caress

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Obvious troll.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Pizza is good, enjoy it however you want.

As long as you don't use put sardines on it. gently caress that.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
lol at the idea of being in CT

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Victorious Radia posted:

are you confusing detroit and chicag style. i dont think u know what detroit style looks like. v strange

No, that’s tomato soup in a bread bowl

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Honey walnut prawns are from San Francisco.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Coldforge posted:

Pizza is good, enjoy it however you want.

As long as you don't use put sardines on it. gently caress that.

I got Peking duck pizza from California Pizza Kitchen once back in college.

I think that was the only time I've ever said "why did I eat that pizza"

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Cthulu Carl posted:

I got Peking duck pizza from California Pizza Kitchen once back in college.

I think that was the only time I've ever said "why did I eat that pizza"

California Pizza Kitchen gave you the options, you chose to go with Peking duck.

Kudos to you for having courage, though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Oh god someone brought up food

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The mai tai is from right across the bay from San Francisco. That's a drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

not pizza

https://twitter.com/robmaaddi/status/1750564206519132325?s=46