Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

fanfic insert posted:

third times the charm, to mars we go!

RandomBlue posted:

their elon musk terraformed and colonized earth and seeded our elon musk

Perhaps our elon musk is already salivating about his third incarnation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
that's dumb, what you should do is build a noah's ark type dome that can simply float on the hosed up hell atmosphere, and use that as a base to terraform backwards. Yes, it's an insane concept that should never have to be considered and will probably never work. But it's also probably going to make a shitload more profit.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Stereotype posted:

we only sent one mission to Venus because under the acrid layers of dense sulfur clouds is a bunch of cars
so you’re saying it’s possible there might be untapped oil reserves??

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
isn't titan like 50% oil by mass? Little bit of a trip tho...

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Capitalism will simply innovate a pipeline to titan

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
when you think about it, a space pipeline isn't that dissimilar from a space elevator so whos to say it's bad

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9keTby6wcrk&t=2s

we have the technology

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Cabbages and Kings posted:

if someone wants to give me a big rear end scrape of CSPAM, i will try to do this

but it's not actually that much text so it would probably need to be merged with some other model and I am not confident that a 4090 has enough memory for that, I'd have to poke around. Fun project though.

I have access to an “other model” that we can train with random corpus (corpii? corpuses?) Someone in my team trained it with my projects documentation and it gave surprisingly reasonable answers.

DM me if you want to generate a corpus of cspam and dnd threads so we can burn untold quantities of electricity for lols and lmaos

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Someone already scraped the forums after coming to the conclusion that AI has more intelligence than he does personally

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i feel like there's a freeman (fremen?) on the land style argument or post I can make that will cause it to not work

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

1. Roll up all the mental excreta of goons like a katamari
2. ???
3. Behold the smartest computer ever

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

SniperWoreConverse posted:

in the biz they call it a titan of industry

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

It's the sort of story that gives me pause about keeping DNA extraction and amplification equipment laying about. It's also hemmorhage inducing to contemplate how much poo poo he got in because the firemen thought DNA equipment was weird and scary, vs if he'd had a rack of AK-47s and AR-15s like a normal red blooded american.

Hmmmmm wonder what was going on in the US around 2004. Certainly nothing to see here just someone linked with dissidents happened to have a bunched of trumped up charges based upon spurious claims. Yeah it's definitely all on the up and up. He could have anthrax! My god. Imagine.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Dokapon Findom posted:

1. Roll up all the mental excreta of goons like a katamari
2. ???
3. Behold the smartest computer ever

It's just crazy enough to work!!

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

someone do the math on what happens if we release a virus that kills all the cows, horses and pigs :shrug:

let it cook
https://twitter.com/CoronaHeadsUp/status/1729594893859700926

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

lmao

Communist Cop
Jun 29, 2023

fanfic insert posted:

third times the charm, to mars we go!

Mars already had a functioning hydrosphere. It's possible there were three planets in the solar system with liquid water billions of years ago

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If you think it could be fun or interesting to read the output of an llm then I'm sorry to report you are a soulless automaton and I WILL be remembering your bad opinions during the robo-water wars.

Communist Cop
Jun 29, 2023

Salt Fish posted:

If you think it could be fun or interesting to read the output of an llm then I'm sorry to report you are a soulless automaton and I WILL be remembering your bad opinions during the robo-water wars.

All human intelligence is an unoptimized llm

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Thought of the day: everyone remember the original plastic six-pack holders that just had one hole/holder for each can? Now to reduce plastic use, they have extra holes where previously was plastic- so instead of passively trapping a maximum of six fish or other animals, it can now trap 3-4 times as many including those of smaller/juvenile size- all in the name of saving a few nurdles of plastic during production. It's even worse bullshit than them getting rid of the old plastic picnic pizza table.

Plus, if you want to do the correct thing and cut up the holder with scissors or a knife, you need to make more than twice as many cuts as before, releasing far more microplastic than the old design while cutting. The march of progress! :newlol:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dokapon Findom posted:

Thought of the day: everyone remember the original plastic six-pack holders that just had one hole/holder for each can? Now to reduce plastic use, they have extra holes where previously was plastic- so instead of passively trapping a maximum of six fish or other animals, it can now trap 3-4 times as many including those of smaller/juvenile size- all in the name of saving a few nurdles of plastic during production.

Plus, if you want to do the correct thing and cut up the holder with scissors or a knife, you need to make more than twice as many cuts as before, releasing far more microplastic than the old design while cutting. The march of progress! :newlol:

All of those can-holders are now made out of a type of plastic that breaks down relatively quickly in sunlight, meaning that a lot of them will simply dissolve into nanoplastics rather than trapping sea creatures.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I am in a riparian area so I see plenty of them when I am outside picking up trash, but I do my best to remove them before they can enter the river in any case. The only animal I have seen with one around its neck was a bird

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
we could simply not sell soda in plastic holders

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Complications posted:

the scale of the great plains is just as mindboggling as the fact that it's completely filled with geometrically perfect circles, squares, and rectangles delineated by roads

flying anywhere and looking out the window is always pretty amazing because of how obvious it is that humanity has left no place untouched.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Pink Mist posted:

:wrong:

insane to even suggest something like this

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

you say that but if we organize the corpus as a play we could then free croup without freeing croup

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
proud to live in a state where we burn all our plastic instead of letting it turn into nanoplastics

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

mdemone posted:

All of those can-holders are now made out of a type of plastic that breaks down relatively quickly in sunlight, meaning that a lot of them will simply dissolve into nanoplastics rather than trapping sea creatures.

Dokapon Findom posted:

I am in a riparian area so I see plenty of them when I am outside picking up trash, but I do my best to remove them before they can enter the river in any case. The only animal I have seen with one around its neck was a bird

We did an analysis on how to maximize the kill value and realized that the can holders often wash far out to sea to the plastic garbage patch where they cant hurt otters and ducks anymore after 1-2 weeks, so we took the following value added steps:

1. Maximize immediate kill potential by increasing number of holes that can strangle sea-life and providing more variety in size/shape of holes to kill more discrete species.
2. Maximize long term kill potential by ensuring that once washed out to sea the plastic will rapidly break down into endrocrine disrupting micro and nanoplastics that enter the food chain and bioaccumulate rapidly rather than simply collecting in the middle of the ocean where it does less damage.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Lmao that we only got 2 weeks of winter here in Michigan. Next 10 days are all mid 30's or higher, quite a few in the mid 40's

Lol. Lmao.

Older folks are all complaining about how you used to get 3-4 months of ice fishing

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Pink Mist posted:

Soda?? gently caress that poo poo! Pabst Blue Ribbon!! :mad:

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Dokapon Findom posted:

the best of the cheapshit beers

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Older folks are all complaining about how you used to get 3-4 months of ice fishing

Psh, yeah right gramps. Just like that time you caught a fish that was thiiiis big :smug:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SixteenShells posted:

the best of the cheapshit beers

It apparently was merely ok

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

if the sun expands enough to swallow the earth, will my real estate investments transfer to the 'surface' of the sun?

No the physical engulfing happens in 4 billion years. In 1 billion the sun will be fusing different elements than now and running hotter, and it doesn't take much more output from the sun's perspective to make Earth not habitable anymore.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

skooma512 posted:

No the physical engulfing happens in 4 billion years. In 1 billion the sun will be fusing different elements than now and running hotter, and it doesn't take much more output from the sun's perspective to make Earth not habitable anymore.

no problem, we have the technology. lemme just fire up this design tool we have called Dyson Sphere Program...

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

how’s the graph today?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

mdemone posted:

That's why I drink four packs of Red Stripe which come in a cardboard holder

Also it's cheap and so am I

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Stereotype posted:

proud to live in a state where we burn all our plastic instead of letting it turn into nanoplastics

*five minutes later* we regret to inform you that burning plastic releases microplastics, bisphenols, and phthalates

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Dokapon Findom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Struensee posted:

Psh, yeah right gramps. Just like that time you caught a fish that was thiiiis big :smug:

They were telling the truth the whole time! :(