Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

lying in bed thinking about coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Mr. Sharps posted:

lying in bed thinking about coffee

don't let your dreams be dreams

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

eSports Chaebol posted:

the worst coffee ive ever had was in the evening at a coworkers place, but it had been sitting the in the coffee pot lukewarm all day, and he poured some of it into a mug and microwaved it for me. he went by the name Hot Dogs and he was learning Lithuanian to connect with his roots so he would say things like "Labas, homie, what's up?" we got stoned and watched his fish. it was bad coffee

I think it would be neat to keep fish but it seems like a lot of work. Instead I'll grind up some beans while listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv3_Il4ucbo

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

covfefe

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mr. Sharps posted:

get a can of cafe du monde at your nearest asian or unusually well stocked western grocery

that or you're from Louisiana. mmmm chicory. whenever i think of chicory i think of this Mark Twain

quote:

RECIPE FOR GERMAN COFFEE

Take a barrel of water and bring it to a boil; rub a chicory berry against a coffee berry, then convey the former into the water. Continue the boiling and evaporation until the intensity of the flavor and aroma of the coffee and chicory has been diminished to a proper degree; then set aside to cool. Now unharness the remains of a once cow from the plow, insert them in a hydraulic press, and when you shall have acquired a teaspoon of that pale-blue juice which a German superstition regards as milk, modify the malignity of its strength in a bucket of tepid water and ring up the breakfast. Mix the beverage in a cold cup, partake with moderation, and keep a wet rag around your head to guard against over-excitement.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

uber_stoat posted:

whenever i think of chicory i think of this Mark Twain

he was right to own the Germans like this

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Karach posted:

you might be ahead of the curve there, since the goon approach is apparently just storing folgers in an old lunchables container that still kinda reseals, kept next to the bleach and dish soap

fair. now I just pour the beans into an oxo container and call it good. it’s pretty far from the bleach, at least

I feel like there’s something here connecting back to exploiting the global south and honoring the sacrifice that went into these goods but I’m petty sure that’s just a lmao because cybernetic capital comes for us all in the end

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I just got a ceramic jar from goodwill with a gasket and latch lid. Don't need to be fancy about it imo.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Had a coffee and a movement.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

nothing like that 4pm cup

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Really gets the juices flowing.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

considering a third cup

couldn't hurt...

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Second movement of the day.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
it's coffee time somewhere (here)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Ohtori Akio posted:

Second movement of the day.

that’s too many

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

oh that was yesterday. she’s already dead :rip:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
making GBS threads yourself to death from coffee is the best you can hope for

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Karach posted:

making GBS threads yourself to death from coffee is the best you can hope for

dying while making GBS threads probably rules, imagine how free and light you'd feel just before it ended

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

moreover, free croup

AnimeIsTrash has issued a correction as of 15:50 on Jan 26, 2024

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
had a tumbler of cold brew on the way to work, now drinkin some mediocre office coffee.

its a coffee kinda mornin

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

At the doctors office wishing there was COFFEE

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

do not quote me transphobic finnish guy

:thanks:

moreover, free croup

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

percole

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/exhaustdata/status/1750575322662117756

truly a man dedicated to coffee

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
drinking Starbucks because the beans are free in this house

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the beans are not free

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

do not quote me transphobic finnish guy

:thanks:

gently caress you lying bitch.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

owns

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Now that's a man worth modeling yourself after.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

loving the coffee memes....keep em coming

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Haf some good coffee for once at the diner

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

i say swears online posted:

the beans are not free

try and stop me eh hehehehehe

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

coughy

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

dying while making GBS threads probably rules, imagine how free and light you'd feel just before it ended

that's right

lobster shirt posted:

loving the coffee memes....keep em coming

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

2nd pot is ON

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

looking forward to eating lunch so I can have the afternoon coffee after

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Beans are ground. Now to fill up the kettle

Gooseneck kettles are overrated imo, I have the cheap Salton from Wal-Mart. Pouring is 100% skill issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i looked his picture up, i guess he's the little cartoon man on the coffee pot. RIP Italian coffee man.