Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

woke kaczynski posted:

I was feeling like the combat was getting weirdly difficult for the bosses but I think I was just trying to do too much direct combat instead of dodge rolling all over the place while my mons do the hard work. I do wish there was a way to unequip the collar that makes the poison floaty guy auto attack because it's a great mon to have with me but sometimes I wanna catch a low level mon without immediately murdering it.

There's a key items tab in your inventory to toggle the pal extras ability items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Really depends on the atk formula, I imagine no one will feel the difference until you get 4 digit high damage gun to really worth the multiplyer, which is at the single shot rifle tier.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Stamina and Weight only. HP regenerates constantly and you can avoid every attack.

You can also get one shot if you don't have 360 vision in lategame areas. What good is stamina really after the early game?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

GateOfD posted:

tried to play this, but my laptop is too weak for it lol

It is a fairly demanding game. Probably could do with more optimization, but it is an Unreal Engine 5 game with at times a lot going on on screen.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I have 10 points in stamina and while it's been nice for gathering/climbing, I have pals to handle both of those things now. Would rather have those points in weight+health, since hitting level 40 and being in level 40 zones is scary.

Hoping they fix the respec potion soon, only 10 effigies away from max capture bonus.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Nyaa posted:

Really depends on the atk formula, I imagine no one will feel the difference until you get 4 digit high damage gun to really worth the multiplyer, which is at the single shot rifle tier.

The atk stat is more valuable if it factors into pal attacks while you're controlling them or using them as weapons too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

woke kaczynski posted:

I saw that attack boosts increased it from 100 to 102 and lmao gently caress that, that's another thing that seems incredibly unbalanced compared to everything else.

I was feeling like the combat was getting weirdly difficult for the bosses but I think I was just trying to do too much direct combat instead of dodge rolling all over the place while my mons do the hard work. I do wish there was a way to unequip the collar that makes the poison floaty guy auto attack because it's a great mon to have with me but sometimes I wanna catch a low level mon without immediately murdering it.

The stop attacking command also works for those pals. R3 on controller, 4 on keyboard to open the menu with that command, iirc.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Khanstant posted:

There's a key items tab in your inventory to toggle the pal extras ability items

I saw that tab but I didn't see an option to toggle them but I'll go back and check, thanks!

Rinkles posted:

The stop attacking command also works for those pals. R3 on controller, 4 on keyboard to open the menu with that command, iirc.

I could've sworn I tried that but that's also good to know, thanks!

Between people yelling back and forth about drama and the endless AI slurry I wish it was humanly possible to look up anything about this game tbh.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
A lot of people are telling me this is just Ark with Pokemon, but I liked Ark. That sounds amazing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Can I re-teach my mount the charge skill it seems to have forgotten when it learned a new move?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Rinkles posted:

Can I re-teach my mount the charge skill it seems to have forgotten when it learned a new move?

Yes you can always freely swap moves just open the details and press A on the move (controller) and it lists the moves it's forgotten.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks. That’s a relief.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
fenglope is better than cobalion

edit: kind of leaning boltmane > luxray but I'm not a huge fan of either look

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 25, 2024

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Cardboard Fox posted:

A lot of people are telling me this is just Ark with Pokemon, but I liked Ark. That sounds amazing.

If you liked Ark, imagine if dinosaurs weren't punishing to get a ton of.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Atoramos posted:

If you liked Ark, imagine if dinosaurs weren't punishing to get a ton of.

This is why I'm not playing ark

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

EVGA Longoria posted:

Yes you can always freely swap moves just open the details and press A on the move (controller) and it lists the moves it's forgotten.

I've found that bugs out more often then not and you have to 'reset' the pal or something.

Orv
May 4, 2011

pentyne posted:

I've found that bugs out more often then not and you have to 'reset' the pal or something.

I think it re-updates the move list if you remove the pal from your party even briefly. Might be something else though.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

PSA for crafting times: You can breed Anubis fairly easily using Penking + Bushi. Penking and Bushi both can be captured as bosses rather early (Level 15 and 23 respectively) from evergaols not too far from the the default starting location. Anubis have Level 4 Handiwork which means they craft absurdly fast. You definitely want several of them in the base where you have your crafting stations.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

pentyne posted:

What works for me is to cycle the pal in and out of its ball.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Kith posted:

re: twitter bullshit

https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1750164718105325605?s=20

the idiot bleating the loudest about palworld """doing theft""" and """showing evidence""" admitted to faking it because they're mad about how palworld """promotes animal cruelty"""

which is funny because palworld does a better job of promoting animal rights than pokemon ever did because it's actually insanely difficult to actually abuse your pokemon and abusing your pals is a quick and easy way to kill them, which is very bad for you

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ojetor posted:

PSA for crafting times: You can breed Anubis fairly easily using Penking + Bushi. Penking and Bushi both can be captured as bosses rather early (Level 15 and 23 respectively) from evergaols not too far from the the default starting location. Anubis have Level 4 Handiwork which means they craft absurdly fast. You definitely want several of them in the base where you have your crafting stations.

Do the boss versions have a certain effect on the breeding or do they just all have higher stats?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
These level 40+ Inciniram raids are extremely rude.

Fortunately Anubis kicks a ton of rear end

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Cardboard Fox posted:

it's ark but it doesn't dangle the fun behind dozens of hours of busy work

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ojetor posted:

For speeding up cake baking time I assume you need at least kindling 3 and the electric oven?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Stamina and Weight only. HP regenerates constantly and you can avoid every attack.

Maybe you can, but some of us are bad at games 🙃

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Sab669 posted:

Maybe you can, but some of us are bad at games 🙃

I thought it would be really easy watching the 6 polygons that make Bushi's model for the telegraphed attack but it was much more difficult than anticipated.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

while I'm glad pals will eat anything, this was kind of :magemage: when it actually worked

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Yeah, I dunno if people are just god gamers but attacks seem hard to dodge in this game. In general it seems that if the projectile is fired, you're too late. You basically have to dodge right before the attack animation fires and some of those are very subtle/quick.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Some projectiles are fast, some are slow, some home in on you, some don't, some have multiple projectiles, sometimes they clip through smaller pillars in the arenas.

I suppose the downside of not putting any points into Stamina is then you can Sprint & Dodge less in combat.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

eggrolled posted:

while I'm glad pals will eat anything, this was kind of :magemage: when it actually worked

I've been hunting constantly and dumping all the food into the cookpot and then into the feed bag, so I've seen that a lot.

The only difference is they eat faster I guess? I don't see a difference but I'll keep doing it anyways.

WarpedLichen posted:

Yeah, I dunno if people are just god gamers but attacks seem hard to dodge in this game. In general it seems that if the projectile is fired, you're too late. You basically have to dodge right before the attack animation fires and some of those are very subtle/quick.

The hardest to dodge by far are crossbow humans, they will time their shots perfectly in a way no other enemies do.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

All the enemy pal attacks have amazing tracking so the only recourse I seem to have is to dodge roll. I'd love to tank it in armor but armor sucks. I've started bombing things from the air instead.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

took a while for all 4 passives to land

still need to find a dragon meteor skill fruit unless he learns it at some point

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I put all my points in stamina and weight, then cheated to add 20 levels in HP and 50 in work speed. No regrets :colbert:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

why?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

So I can survive a few hits and manual crafting isn't a tedious chore

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Khanstant posted:

Do the boss versions have a certain effect on the breeding or do they just all have higher stats?

I don't think boss status has an effect on breeding. Mentioned the boss versions because they're easier to cap than the regular ones for those two. Regular Bushi is found at level 36+ in the volcano, and regular Penking only spawns in one of the restricted areas (AFAIK) which is annoying to get to before you have a swimming or flying mount.

pentyne posted:

For speeding up cake baking time I assume you need at least kindling 3 and the electric oven?

Electric oven helps a lot but it's far into the tech tree. Early I'd recommend dropping down a cooking pot that's only for cakes and have it running as early as possible with your best kindler. Also use the spreadsheet calculator so as not to waste any cakes on a bad result.

On a related note, I've found the jump between 3 and 4 on work stats is huge, so breeding anything that has a Lvl 4 is worth the effort. For example, in an electric oven, cake is around 2 min with a 3 kindling mon, but only 25 seconds (!) with 4 kindling.

Ojetor fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 25, 2024

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gyoru posted:

took a while for all 4 passives to land

still need to find a dragon meteor skill fruit unless he learns it at some point

I just managed to get this beautiful boy as well

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The free spheres from a Vixy put on grazing is no joke. I have two in one of my bases and regularly have ~10 basic spheres to grab whenever I visit.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Ojetor posted:

I don't think boss status has an effect on breeding. Mentioned the boss versions because they're easier to cap than the regular ones for those two. Regular Bushi is found at level 36+ in the volcano, and regular Penking only spawns in one of the restricted areas (AFAIK) which is annoying to get to before you have a swimming or flying mount.

Electric oven helps a lot but it's far into the tech tree. Early I'd recommend dropping down a cooking pot that's only for cakes and have it running as early as possible with your best kindler. Also use the spreadsheet calculator so as not to waste any cakes on a bad result.

On a related note, I've found the jump between 3 and 4 on work stats is huge, so breeding anything that has a Lvl 4 is worth the effort. For example, in an electric oven, cake is around 2 min with a 3 kindling mon, but only 25 seconds (!) with 4 kindling.

I managed to get the fire not-dragon not-wyrm that has 4 kindling from a giant egg. He smelts advanced ingots like a champ. Just a few seconds per bar. Blows through them like nothing. Level 4 stats are friggin amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

explosivo posted:

The free spheres from a Vixy put on grazing is no joke. I have two in one of my bases and regularly have ~10 basic spheres to grab whenever I visit.

For real. I put three in a ranch early on when it was annoying to craft a ton of spheres and arrows. Those three basically entirely eliminated the need to craft until I had so many excess basic balls and arrows that I dropped it down to one Vixy.

I catch a lot of things by attrition with basic spheres because I have so many. Just aim where they’re gonna pop out of the ball and huck another one if they break until they’re caught.

If anyone doesn’t know, Vixy spawn right around that small settlement which is easy to get to early on.