Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

I dont think I saw that movie but that'd be one hell of an injection to put a kilogram of iron in a human body

it was, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I recall that all he could make was a small orb anyway.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MonsterEnvy posted:

I recall that all he could make was a small orb anyway.

let's see you do better, howabout

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Bucswabe posted:

and just now a new Versus chapter…

What, where?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
floating anus on one of those pages

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

White Light posted:

What, where?

It’s just the Raws so far, but I saw it posted on Versus subreddit

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

If you're referring to the scene from the movie where he rips the guard's iron out of his blood, mystique specifically injected that dude with a little bit of extra metal for him to work with

Huh, I very much didn't remember that movie. I thought the guy had like, screws in his leg from a surgery or something.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

A supersaturated iron vitriol solution of that size would have like, a handful of grams of iron in it

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Magneto only created a little ball that he used to throw around at high speeds like a bullet. Probably still more metal than what can typically be found in a single human body but it was a lot less than what you'd need for a sword.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The guy that Magneto took the iron from also had a bunch of iron injected into him beforehand

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Why not just carry iron in your pocket at that point.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

they scanned for metals on your body but not abnormally high blood metal levels, i think

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Huh, I very much didn't remember that movie. I thought the guy had like, screws in his leg from a surgery or something.

man I'm not sure how unpleasant having the iron ripped out of your blood would feel but having leg screws ripped out has got to be up there with it at least.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You'd think they'd be smart enough to not send a guy with metal implants in to see magneto. It should be like MRI rules

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

man I'm not sure how unpleasant having the iron ripped out of your blood would feel but having leg screws ripped out has got to be up there with it at least.

Mr. Lobe posted:

You'd think they'd be smart enough to not send a guy with metal implants in to see magneto. It should be like MRI rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcB7kR82gUE

Yeah, I don't know where I got my idea from.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

one thing we can all agree on though, is that guy got owned.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I wonder what kind of medical malady having iron injected into your body would cause.

Iron is used to bind oxygen to cells, right? Some sort of oxygen blood toxicity if there is too much 02 binding?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Donkringel posted:

I wonder what kind of medical malady having iron injected into your body would cause.

Iron is used to bind oxygen to cells, right? Some sort of oxygen blood toxicity if there is too much 02 binding?

The iron in hemoglobin is bound in a protein so it's very different than just having a bunch of iron molecules just injected into your blood stream to go wherever.

Not sure what that would cause exactly but in general loose heavy metals in your blood can do pretty nasty stuff if there's enough of it (Think stuff like Lead, Mercury Poisoning, etc). So yeah that's probably not good for you at all.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 25, 2024

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Despite the films visual its way more likely that liquid metal was simply subcutaneously injected and sat like a vaccine would under the skin except it likely wouldn't get absorbed into your body as quickly. Magneto realistically would have ripped a hole in this dudes rear end cheek removing the iron instead of bleeding it out of him, but hey rule of cool.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Donkringel posted:

Hemochromatosis. I have it.

The treatment for too much blood iron? Bloodletting. Like they just take a unit of blood out of me and throw the poo poo away, as it's not suitable for donation.

When the metallic blood is removed, your body works to produce more, but without the excess iron, normalizing your levels.

The bad poo poo that happens when you have this disease? Your body tends to deposit the excess iron onto your organs, such as your heart and liver. Bad for business that.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 26, 2024

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

JuniperCake posted:

The iron in hemoglobin is bound in a protein so it's very different than just having a bunch of iron molecules just injected into your blood stream to go wherever.

Not sure what that would cause exactly but in general loose heavy metals in your blood can do pretty nasty stuff if there's enough of it (Think stuff like Lead, Mercury Poisoning, etc). So yeah that's probably not good for you at all.
Too much hemoglobin in blood can be dangerous, it's a side effect of blood doping and can cause lots of issues. It's believed that one guy that died during the Tour de France was from complications from EPO.

https://www.usada.org/spirit-of-sport/education/blood-doping-epo-faq

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Magneto realistically would have ripped a hole in this dudes rear end cheek removing the iron instead of bleeding it out of him, but hey rule of cool.

Considering how the guy treated Magento earlier I can't blame him for having the iron take a shortcut directly through the guy's torso rather than having it come out of his butt and go around him.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

spookykid posted:

Hemochromatosis. I have it.

The treatment for too much blood iron? Bloodletting. Like they just take a unit of blood out of me and throw the poo poo away, as it's not suitable for donation.

When the metallic blood is removed, your body works to produce more, but without the excess iron, normalizing your levels.

The bad poo poo that happens when you have this disease? Your body tends to deposit the excess iron onto your organs, such as your heart and liver. Bad for business that.

It's always neat to me when medicine loops back around to something that would have made sense in medieval times. Your humors are imbalanced, we need to remove blood from your body so you get better. Or medicinal leeches.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Here's the translated Versus chapter: https://mangasee123.com/read-online/VERSUS-chapter-12-page-1.html

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well. their vague goal of setting their enemies against each other has worked out perfectly, and also it hasn't really helped them at all.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well. their vague goal of setting their enemies against each other has worked out perfectly, and also it hasn't really helped them at all.

they're still alive for another minute, which has been about the main goal so far

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

The demons' focus is now aimed at the aliens rather than humanity and even then the robots rank higher on the food chain even then so that plus the knowledge that they can use some of the magic ones to heal their wounds might make them a bit less kill happy with them, even slightly. That's potentially an improvement for their situation.

This is so much better than the 3 chapters of each flavor of humanity sitting in their base arguing, even if we're probably another 20 chapters away from seeing any of the worlds' final bosses clashing with each other. Aside from the vaguer threats like game world and God, I wanna see the parasites fighting the robots, because that feels like it should just be a total gimme for the robots.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love the sudden detailed shot of the other fairy looking absolutely disgusted at the offer to lick chocolate :allears:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

MorningMoon posted:

Why not just carry iron in your pocket at that point.

Because then the iron would get covered in sand.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Since the human general was so keen on calling the aliens in to disrupt the situation, you'd think he'd also be in favor of praying for God to intervene at this point

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

i'd expect more of an exposition dump on what the gently caress they actually are before humans try and let loose god/parasites/The Disease and such

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Devils Affricate posted:

Since the human general was so keen on calling the aliens in to disrupt the situation, you'd think he'd also be in favor of praying for God to intervene at this point

Presumably he didn't know until right now (assuming he is paying attention to those people) that the mad God listens to prayers.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

maybe there should be a Versus thread to talk about Versus things

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

bees x1000 posted:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I dunno, this thread has been pretty useful as the One thread.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Yea i agree. Please open a thread for other mangas.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I like Versus but would rather it have its own thread, yeah.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

bees x1000 posted:

bees the change you want to see in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i beeslieve in you