Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I could stop what's coming.

I won't tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
remember goons are always wrong

we just have to hope the natural wrongness of the other subforums triumphs over CSPAM's wrongness

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

docbeard posted:

I could stop what's coming.

I won't tho

good

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

ex post facho posted:

it's coming.

can you feel it?

were going to come so much, youre going to be sick of coming

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

and israeli leadership refers to fetterman as their special ally

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

DO NOT CONGRATULATE.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
lmao @ fetterman

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

super sweet best pal posted:

The Democrats need to convince everyone who thinks things are worse than they were four years ago that they can reverse course.

You didn't see news stories every week about airplanes failing under Trump. You didn't see a major bank failing and taking one out of every five tech sector jobs in the aftermath. Ukraine and Gaza weren't under attack and Afghanistan was still under American control. You could buy larger portions of food for less money. The Democrats had control of congress for two years and didn't bother to codify abortion.

All they can do is trot out a few statistics and news articles that might please people who think everything's fine due to survivorship bias but they're leaving huge portions of the country alienated.

People weren't cranking up their credit card debt under eyewatering APRs, either. It's not just food. loving everything that people buy on a day-to-day basis is way more expensive than it was four years ago, including, now, money.

NoModsNoMasters69
May 17, 2023

insane clown pussy posted:

and israeli leadership refers to fetterman as their special ally

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

the milk machine posted:

lmao @ fetterman

I believed in him

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I know I've reached full hatred of the dems because Fetterman's heel turn didn't even surprise or phase me. After the neverending series of similar bullshit pulled by previous supposed progressives, I just expect it now.

Though in some ways Fett's move is worse. Sure Sinema caved in a millisecond but at least she didn't heel turn to become pro-genocide.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

I know I've reached full hatred of the dems because Fetterman's heel turn didn't even surprise or phase me. After the neverending series of similar bullshit pulled by previous supposed progressives, I just expect it now.

Though in some ways Fett's move is worse. Sure Sinema caved in a millisecond but at least she didn't heel turn to become pro-genocide.

lol how do you figure? support for israel has been support for genocide for a long rear end time, and every national politician takes aipac bribes. even bernie "f35" sanders
here, she took in $285k bribes to support genocide:
https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/summary?cycle=All&ind=Q05&mem=Y&recipdetail=S

also note biden took over $4M in aipac bribes

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Fetterman never had a heel turn, he was always rabidly pro israel it's just that israel cranked up the genocide dial so more people are paying attention now

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

im gonna come :troll:

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Hatebag posted:

lol how do you figure? support for israel has been support for genocide for a long rear end time, and every national politician takes aipac bribes. even bernie "f35" sanders

Accepting AIPAC money isn't the same as using your national stature to actively go around and declare your strong support for active invasions and bombing campaigns. And there's also a difference between saying you support Israel in 2022 (bad) vs saying it in 2024 (monstrous). Context matters.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Accepting AIPAC money isn't the same as using your national stature to actively go around and declare your strong support for active invasions and bombing campaigns.

well israel has been an apartheid state since its inception and they've done a genocidal bombing campaign about every 5 years for about the past 4 decades. and those genocides have all been bankrolled by billions of american dollars that congress people taking bribes from aipac vote for.
i guess fetterman has been full-throated in his support for genocide but i don't see much difference between him and the rest of the human garbage taking bribes to vote for funding and supporting genocide. but he only got $240k in declared bribes so maybe he's pandering for more money

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1214675579498192898

:thunk:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

starting a war isn't the same thing as getting wrapped up in one, champ

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Accepting AIPAC money isn't the same as using your national stature to actively go around and declare your strong support for active invasions and bombing campaigns. And there's also a difference between saying you support Israel in 2022 (bad) vs saying it in 2024 (monstrous). Context matters.

no it was monstrous then too

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Must have been Trump that escalated with the Yemenis, sold all that military hardware to Israel and vetoed votes to stop the genocide in Gaza.

(Touches hand to ear)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 14:17 on Jan 26, 2024

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
now that's what i call foreign policy, jack

https://twitter.com/MilitaryEye/status/1750559397556719846

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

hamoney korine

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/Tonywithyy/status/1750632530112365020

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what am i looking at here

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

those are ships sending out comms declaring their affiliation/non-affiliation so they aren't intercepted by the houthis

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

I assume it's non-US cargo ships enjoying access to Suez.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what's stopping an american ship from broadcasting that it isn't american

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Shear Modulus posted:

Hubris (also it's clear that Ansar Allah have someone checking more than just basic transponder data since they've hit ships that are Israeli-owned under flags of convenience)

Tarnop has issued a correction as of 19:05 on Jan 26, 2024

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

pretty sure they're checking the data so far they have only hit israeli aligned ships and now us/uk ones

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shear Modulus posted:

What’s stopping them?

What’s stopping them is not existing.

There are hardly any U.S. cargo ships these days.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if a ship is us flagged they have to pay us wages and have us labor protections and it has to be built to us standards, etc (yes lol at us standards being good, but there is way way worse out there)

us flagged commercial ships are extremely expensive to operate so they almost don't exist outside of situations where the ship has to be flagged in the us (jones act shipping mostly)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lmoA

https://twitter.com/yasmineelsabawi/status/1750948752972464181

https://twitter.com/AHammoudMI/status/1750961951184662792

quote:

The organizer of a planned meeting between President Joe Biden's campaign manager and a group of Arab and Muslim American leaders in Dearborn said it was canceled after some in the wider community objected to the gathering amid fury over Biden's handling of the Israel-Hamas war.

Assad Turfe, who was coordinating the sit-down of Arab leaders and officials with Biden's campaign in Dearborn, said he made the decision to cancel Friday afternoon's group meeting "in the best interest of the community."

"As the community got to learn about the meeting, there was definitely a lot of outrage and, ultimately, the decision was made to cancel the meeting," said Turfe, the deputy county executive of Wayne County whose family is from Lebanon.

genocide joe is way too old to dodge a shoe

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

rip to Assad Turfe's career in the party

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
hooting and hollering over how good and correct the Dearborn community is

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1750969446271770757

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
:nallears:

https://twitter.com/GoodVibePolitik/status/1751064079286878248

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
That's the closest he's ever been to doing the right thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Platystemon posted:

What’s stopping them?

What’s stopping them is not existing.

There are hardly any U.S. cargo ships these days.

Every commercial ship doing international voyages will be broadcasting an imo number that can easily be used to determine the owner and operator of the vessel. I went into more detail in the I/P thread but a sympathetic person with the right position in the UAE/Qatar/Saudi/etc would be able to check every ship transiting the Suez and tell the Houthis which are worth shooting at.