Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

rotinaj posted:

Twitter is gonna be an unusable sea of garbage

This post must have been stuck in the queue for the last ten years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I don't know any military person that likes trump. I live four miles from a base.

Live in a town with an army base and they absolutely love his painted orange rear end here.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

credburn posted:

This post must have been stuck in the queue for the last ten years

it's just rotinaj's most liked post so it will remain at the top of their feed no matter how long it's been

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1750615512189452322

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Ringo Star Get posted:

Question is the National Guard units going to be cool with defying the federal government?

They are under command of the governor of the state they are in unless the president assumes command, which he can do at any time.

Some shitheel gov from the civil rights era tried to use his national guard to prevent black students from entering a school. Eisenhower sent a thousand real soldiers from the 101st Airborne and asserted his control over the local national guard. See "Little Rock Nine"

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

This thread being how I found out Vince is in another world of trouble is a delight. It's a bad day for participants of WrestleMania 23.

idk that i'd call it a delight, the allegations are loving horrifying. hopefully the lady in question gets to legally stick her entire foot up WWEs rear end in a top hat

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

idiotsavant posted:

idk that i'd call it a delight, the allegations are loving horrifying. hopefully the lady in question gets to legally stick her entire foot up WWEs rear end in a top hat

Yeah uhh I just went to read the statement and uhhh, holy poo poo, I retract my former statement. This is one of the loving craziest things I've read in a long time, Jesus loving Christ.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

idiotsavant posted:

it is not a delight that it happened to that poor woman, but it is a delight that she has found the support and courage to speak out about it.

because vince has absolutely done all of that and more to probably dozens of other women he has successfully intimidated into silence.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lol @ everything

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Oh word? I’ll be able to take a train to work, have government healthcare, improved roads, and more paid leave?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

depends, german-style european-ness sucks.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Jelly posted:

I admittedly get really emotionally charged when talking about this stuff (cops and military) and get extra stupid so you can probably discount all my reasoning and it's good to hear your comments

Chiming in to confirm that your view is indeed skewed too far from military reality. For example, my cousin Army thinks she's an idiot centrist, but is in fact just a normal boring D voter.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Ringo Star Get posted:

Question is the National Guard units going to be cool with defying the federal government?

Yes, as long as defying continues being assembling barbed wire fencing aka adult supervised arts and crafts. Most of them probably are for the aggressive fencing in he first place.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ringo Star Get posted:

Oh word? I’ll be able to take a train to work, have government healthcare, improved roads, and more paid leave?

kids won't need to do mass shooter drills.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Majere posted:

They are under command of the governor of the state they are in unless the president assumes command, which he can do at any time.

Some shitheel gov from the civil rights era tried to use his national guard to prevent black students from entering a school. Eisenhower sent a thousand real soldiers from the 101st Airborne and asserted his control over the local national guard. See "Little Rock Nine"

Even more recently, Abbott and some other chud governors tried to assert that their troops should be exempt from receiving COVID vaccines, at which point Title 10 U.S.C. was invoked and the troops were told "get the vaccine or face the consequences".

Ironically, when the various governors tried to sue/appeal over that, they found out that the question had already been decided...during the Reagan era, when Democratic governors objected to their NG troops being sent to Central America for training, due to their disagreement with the Reagan administration's Central America policies. IIRC, the Supreme Court at the time eventually ruled that Title 10 U.S.C. overrides a given state's governor (or decline to take) when the federal government decides to federalize that state's troops under Title 10.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Theory crafting the next civil war is so cool, I bet Obama would return to public service dual wielding RPGs while shirtless

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Ringo Star Get posted:

republicans promised us taco trucks on every corner and lied about that, so i think they're lying about this too :(

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean they’ve never been asked to do anything like this before.

Like the last time anything close to this was probably the bonus army in the 50s

Bonus army was early 30s

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

NoiseAnnoys posted:

depends, german-style european-ness sucks.

German-style is the only true european-ness and is clearly superior

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Thank god.
What do you mean we aren't actually turning into europe?:argh:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

free hubcaps posted:

Bonus army was early 30s

Lol

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

RocketRaygun posted:

republicans promised us taco trucks on every corner and lied about that, so i think they're lying about this too :(

Me unironically
https://youtu.be/i_dUx6VBcTs?si=7S7unp8dHbamKnfq

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I won't get to go bankrupt if I need to go to the hospital? Sounds terrible.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Gaetz is taking a real hard look at Germany's age of consent laws...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Uh who is this crazy person their talking about and why is she demanding to be punched in the face

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Theory crafting the next civil war is so cool, I bet Obama would return to public service dual wielding RPGs while shirtless

You inspired me, and I'm not sure which is the best --

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Hum... The largest Domestic Deportation Operation in history you say? That sounds like a lot. We'll probably need trains.

JFC. The mask is barely holding on by a thread at this point.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
“We had the most secure border in History, I had them put up like twenty feet of border wall and it all fell down under Joe Biden’s watch”

Ok grandpa, you sure succeeded at anything when you were in office

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Uh who is this crazy person their talking about and why is she demanding to be punched in the face

It’s the one who carefully spray painted the anarchy symbol on her driveway and blamed it on antifa.

Then the story disappeared completely when people started asking to see her neighbor’s ring camera video.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol thats some genuinly mental illness poo poo. also she would be lucky if they just punched her and didnt just murder her or worse.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

She also opened her speech at the national prayer breakfast with a story about how she woke up to her randy boyfriend and hosed him right before she showed up

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Ralph Hurley posted:

I’ve never been able to find this clip but I swear in 2000 I saw trump on TV teasing the idea of a presidential run and when asked about Pat Buchanan who was also running he blurted out “I think Pat Buchanan is in love with Adolph Hitler”
Catch-up shitpost--I don't know if it was (also) on TV, but it was in, of all places, The Advocate:

Back in '99, that orange piece of poo poo posted:

I used to like Pat. I was on Crossfire with him. I thought he was a nice guy. Then I read the things he had written about Hitler, Jews, blacks, gays, and Mexicans. I mean, I think it's disgusting. That speech he made at the '92 Republican convention was a disaster. He wants to divide Americans. Clearly he has a love affair with Adolf Hitler, and that's sick. Buchanan actually said gay people had chosen "satan[ism] and suicide." Now he says he welcomes gay people into his campaign. The guy is a hypocrite.
(source)

We're talking hypocrisy inception here, folks. You love to see it.

e: gently caress, that'll teach me :doh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So is this his dumbass plan to try and muster an army for when he eventually loses the election, and he doesn't have the Jan6 Meal Team 6 Commando's at his disposal?

Gonna call em the Texas Prouder Boys

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Infinitum posted:

So is this his dumbass plan to try and muster an army for when he eventually loses the election, and he doesn't have the Jan6 Meal Team 6 Commando's at his disposal?

It does have a bit of a trial-run feel to it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Infinitum posted:

my view is if he loses he will try all the same poo poo he tried before but with less sucess nd people blab right away because he isnt president. he might try another january 6th but that should would be way way less populated and get smashed the second they got to the steps.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Prouder Boys and Crowder Boys

Not to be confused with Chowder Boys, who just like a good bowl of soup.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

MrQwerty posted:

She also opened her speech at the national prayer breakfast with a story about how she woke up to her randy boyfriend and hosed him right before she showed up

Hahahaha was this captured on film at all. I wanna hear this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Hahahaha was this captured on film at all. I wanna hear this.

https://youtube.com/shorts/2wTutBUvJiI