Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
After following the poo poo that goes on behind the scenes of wrestling for twenty years none of this is a big shock. There's been so much awful stuff out there in the past.

Remember how when Vince came back after these accusations the first time he said he had moved on past it?

He really thinks he can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

explosivo posted:

They did a good job of burying the whole thing considering it's only been a year and it seemed like everyone just forgot that whole thing happened. This feels different, though.

I don't think it's so much people forgetting as that people gave up because he got away with it again, like he always has. Like, the grisly details weren't present but a lot of the structure of this was already known, but when he barely suffers consequences outside of "we made him retire early with a bunch of money" some of that care flakes away, and when he rides back on a horse named gently caress You and makes billions of dollars in a huge public comeback, people just sort of sigh and move on and put it out of their heads because what can you do, rich people win again.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004

Technowrite posted:

I'm not convinced that she's not Corporate Officer No. 4 in that lawsuit.

I'm really wondering about that too, and the other corporate unnamed people who knew. And which wrestlers. I know Cena is tight with Vince and had some rumors about getting Mickie James moved because she wouldn't sleep with him.

Feels like a huge story, the court document is a truly disgusting read and I'm not surprised that the juvenile mind that came up with so many gross, derogatory, lovely storylines is all about those things to his core.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

hoping punk will wear a tshirt opposing this ❤️
tbf it would be hard to fit the entire text on his knuckles

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The Last Call posted:

After following the poo poo that goes on behind the scenes of wrestling for twenty years none of this is a big shock. There's been so much awful stuff out there in the past.

Remember how when Vince came back after these accusations the first time he said he had moved on past it?

He really thinks he can.

He's not wrong. WWE has enough money to kick this into the long grass for as long as it takes. Eventually victims run out of money and have to take settlements. I'm hoping for a Weinstein situation but I'm not holding my breath.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

inconsequential posted:

I'm really wondering about that too, and the other corporate unnamed people who knew. And which wrestlers. I know Cena is tight with Vince and had some rumors about getting Mickie James moved because she wouldn't sleep with him.

Feels like a huge story, the court document is a truly disgusting read and I'm not surprised that the juvenile mind that came up with so many gross, derogatory, lovely storylines is all about those things to his core.

I think, at minimum, Nick Khan and Stephanie are two of the unnamed folks in this. We know who "WWE Superstar" is at least.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

I don't think it's so much people forgetting as that people gave up because he got away with it again, like he always has. Like, the grisly details weren't present but a lot of the structure of this was already known, but when he barely suffers consequences outside of "we made him retire early with a bunch of money" some of that care flakes away, and when he rides back on a horse named gently caress You and makes billions of dollars in a huge public comeback, people just sort of sigh and move on and put it out of their heads because what can you do, rich people win again.

You even have wrestling media promoting paying him more to go away, again

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Technowrite posted:

Does anyone know why some of these people aren't named? Is it because the lawsuit is only against the company itself, Vince, and Laurinitis but not those other people? I don't know anything about lawsuits.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I wasn't watching WWE at this time and just what the gently caress. Even without the hindsight of the lawsuit it's so loving gross.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

Does anyone know why some of these people aren't named? Is it because the lawsuit is only against the company itself, Vince, and Laurinitis but not those other people? I don't know anything about lawsuits.

Yeah it’s probably something like the people there who were clearly lovely but didn’t do anything illegal aren’t allowed to be named for privacy reasons or some poo poo.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Technowrite posted:

That's former general counsel Brian Nurse.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dango Bango posted:

I wasn't watching WWE at this time and just what the gently caress. Even without the hindsight of the lawsuit it's so loving gross.

Same, and uh, same. :stare:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

Yeah that time period had a whole lot of Vince being fuckin’ disgusting and a lot of it was aimed at Stephanie

There were constant rumors that he wanted to do an angle where Shane was the father of Stephanie’s kids, only for there to be a swerve and it would be Vince who is the father of Stephanie’s kids

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah it’s probably something like the people there who were clearly lovely but didn’t do anything illegal aren’t allowed to be named for privacy reasons or some poo poo.

There are people unnamed in this lawsuit who were parties to this illegal activity like Brock Lesnar.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i realize baseless speculation is bad but there is no way on this or any other planet that he didnt do something suspect to stephanie at some point

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
This won't happen in 100 million years, but the entire thing needs to be nuked. gently caress Rock, Undertaker, Cena, Foley (as much as that pains me to say), and anyone else affiliated with the company who isn't RIGHT NOW scrambling to condemn Vince in the strongest possible terms in the most public setting possible.

Vince and Johnny Ace need to die in jail, HHH and Stephanie need to be removed at bare minimum, Brock Lesnar needs to be shamed into never showing his face publicly again, and Netflix needs to do whatever it can legally to back out of the Raw deal. And I'm barely scratching the surface. I can't even bring myself to read that whole thing because it's just so vile, so I'm sure I missed some names.

But because it's capitalism in America, TKO will circle the wagons, save their stock price, sacrifice a few expendable executives, and then move on like nothing ever happened.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

something that struck me was the sex toys named after wrestlers

he did that because he knew what their genitals looked like, didn't he

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Ivypls posted:

something that struck me was the sex toys named after wrestlers

he did that because he knew what their genitals looked like, didn't he

It's probably an extension of his size fetishism.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Gonzo McFee posted:

He's not wrong. WWE has enough money to kick this into the long grass for as long as it takes. Eventually victims run out of money and have to take settlements. I'm hoping for a Weinstein situation but I'm not holding my breath.

He's gotten away with it for 40 years. This isn't the first time he's done sex stuff with employee's, and that's on top of everything else.

Endorph posted:

i realize baseless speculation is bad but there is no way on this or any other planet that he didnt do something suspect to stephanie at some point

They all knew. Every one of them. The company that owns WWE now listed Vince as a potential liability in their report on the WWE. They knew.

Steph, Hunter and others have worked with Vince for how long? They've seen other stuff in addition to this.

A lot of people have turned a blind eye over all the stuff Vince has gotten away with over the decades.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/xpangler/status/1750629766246383791?t=YZVf-5GIqtGntzsvv7yCKg&s=19

Feels like they pushed Vince out in advance knowing this would come up.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
A spokesperson for TKO Group Holdings, the parent company of WWE and UFC, said in a statement: “Mr. McMahon does not control TKO nor does he oversee the day-to-day operations of WWE. While this matter predates our TKO executive team’s tenure at the company, we take Ms. Grant’s horrific allegations very seriously and are addressing this matter internally.”

Ww weren't here it's not our fault. Netflix please not back out of the deal for our violating of the moral clause.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he was loving front and center yesterday

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Last Call posted:

He's gotten away with it for 40 years. This isn't the first time he's done sex stuff with employee's, and that's on top of everything else.

They all knew. Every one of them. The company that owns WWE now listed Vince as a potential liability in their report on the WWE. They knew.

Steph, Hunter and others have worked with Vince for how long? They've seen other stuff in addition to this.

A lot of people have turned a blind eye over all the stuff Vince has gotten away with over the decades.

And not even turning a blind eye in this case, executives and wrestlers actively participating or joining in group texts with Vince to share pictures. Was it just the guys at his birthday party post allegations, was it other people?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The problem with waiting this out is TKO is dealing with the huge fighter lawsuit that has deep long term financial ramifications for the company and seems to be very much in the mode of settling lawsuits that get to discovery so they go away. I can very easily see them settling fairly quickly and maybe letting Vince go to get this to go away

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

TKO totally thought the matter was swept under the rug and are scrambling now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/xpangler/status/1750629766246383791?t=YZVf-5GIqtGntzsvv7yCKg&s=19

Feels like they pushed Vince out in advance knowing this would come up.

the executive chairman of TKO is just a low level coffee getter

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
No wonder Vince And Trump were such good friends

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

nearly a half century of credible rape claims and whats gonna take him down is the BoyzChat message "hell yeah lmao i p00pz on da pu$$y"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

TKO has Vince in a position where they can easily dump him cause they knew something would come up but also use him for the Saudi deals and media appearances so they deserve getting roasted over this

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope if Vince goes down he squeals and everyone else goes down with him

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

Even if nothing happened just being around Vince while he does his horrible poo poo to others is scarring and while doesn't excuse her inaction it probably explains it

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

MassRafTer posted:

And not even turning a blind eye in this case, executives and wrestlers actively participating or joining in group texts with Vince to share pictures. Was it just the guys at his birthday party post allegations, was it other people?

If you worked for the WWE for any length of time chances are you saw something like this at some point. People talk, they gossip and whisper. WWE has been a "boys club" forever. Things get passed and shown around.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Yeah that time period had a whole lot of Vince being fuckin’ disgusting and a lot of it was aimed at Stephanie

There were constant rumors that he wanted to do an angle where Shane was the father of Stephanie’s kids, only for there to be a swerve and it would be Vince who is the father of Stephanie’s kids

I knew about the incest angle rumors - I believe Stephanie is even in a WWE-produced documentary laughing about it.

I just didn't realize they outright included "Stephanie did favors for Vince's business partners" in storyline.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

You know how Vince and 45 are buds?

Yeah, they have more in common than just being rich.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

super macho dude posted:

Put your money on Brock

Erm.... never mind

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Johnny Ace was the third participant in the threesome rape so that's why he's a defendant. This might tie in to Bryan and the Bella's having to disassociate themselves from their stepfather/in laws.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Of course TKO is going this route. Everything pre-sale is the distant past and doesn't reflect on the company now in any way (and also shouldn't affect our stock price or our Netflix deal please and thank you)

This guy was making GBS threads on people's heads during the early days of covid lockdown, it's not the rough and rowdy days of the 70s

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

might be controversial to say but i hope vince, laurenitis and the rest of the rapist scum in the wrestling industry die violently, horrifically and soon.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

might be controversial to say but i hope vince, laurenitis and the rest of the rapist scum in the wrestling industry die violently, horrifically and soon.

go off king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Erebus posted:

Of course TKO is going this route. Everything pre-sale is the distant past and doesn't reflect on the company now in any way (and also shouldn't affect our stock price or our Netflix deal please and thank you)

This guy was making GBS threads on people's heads during the early days of covid lockdown, it's not the rough and rowdy days of the 70s

Vince was literally at the stock announcement for the Netflix deal so yeah they're in a bind if Netflix says we're pulling out which they can as no contract of this magnitude doesn't have provisions for "yeah we might have five years but as your boss is a serial rapist and you all were participants we are walking away and we can."