Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

what if tampa hires monken as " ;) offensive coordinator ;) "

He turned us down last year so I don't think he'd leave, nor would Baltimore let him go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wandler20 posted:

He turned us down last year so I don't think he'd leave, nor would Baltimore let him go.

did you see the winky faces though

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Soul Glo posted:

He didn’t mutually part ways, they fired him, op
Did you see the quotes though

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I imagine if Monken wanted to be a HC, he'd be one by now. He already had a good rep from his time in Tampa, add his time with Georgia to that, and then add this year with the Ravens. Guy could have his pick of jobs, but he's probably the type that's happiest staying as an OC.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Mega64 posted:

I imagine if Monken wanted to be a HC, he'd be one by now. He already had a good rep from his time in Tampa, add his time with Georgia to that, and then add this year with the Ravens. Guy could have his pick of jobs, but he's probably the type that's happiest staying as an OC.

I thought I remember reading last year that part of the reason he wanted to come back to the NFL was so he could become a head coach but I could be remembering wrong.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Definitely possible, I'm only speculating in the earlier post, just kinda surprised his name doesn't pop up for more HC jobs because he's generally a solid OC wherever he goes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bucs were 20th in the league in ppg this year. After 2022 the Panthers blew up the entire offense and didn't retain the coaching staff after they were....20th in the league in ppg.

Bryce took the 2nd most sacks in the league last year. With a better team at almost every position, Baker Mayfield was 8th.

Baker in 2023 had similar stats to 2018 and 2020. As a matter of fact, the baker reclamation project only exists because of how bad he was in Carolina. And I guess when he was injured in 2021.

Baker was 8th in the league in play action last year, Bryce was 18th. But Baker played primarily under center. Bryce can't run play action from center because he can't turn his head away from the line because he's so short he loses sight of the defense and receivers. He even sneaks peaks back during handoffs on the few times the Panthers ran it this year. Can Bryce even RUN Canales' offense?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
And Tennessee is getting a guy who didn't even call plays but will learn on the job as the head coach!

https://x.com/CameronWolfe/status/1750602130434445666?s=20

Also, Bryce probably can't run any NFL offense so I wouldn't worry about numbers too much. Furthermore, please send Canalas back!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Timby posted:

Ross, you're a good man and I respect you and your growth after however the blue hell long it's been since I became a TFF regular. I'm happy that you got your coach. Next step is for the team to move back to San Diego.

Popping open a Zima to toast Ross on the Harbaugh news

The AFCW remains KC, DEN, OAK, SD in my mind forever, gently caress the billionaire vultures

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think Dave Canales is a good OC - doubtful he's HC material but ehh get that bag.

I definitely agree with wandler that the issue is squarely that Bryce cannot physically play QB in the NFL at a decent level.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Canales may not be the most inspiring hire, but he is probably the most realistic good hire for the Panthers as long as Tepper keeps getting involved.

And I wouldn't be surprised if this actually was a big reason why Canales got the nod.

I hope he gets paid well and does good enough to get another chance at a HC job a few years from now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Also, Bryce probably can't run any NFL offense so I wouldn't worry about numbers too much. Furthermore, please send Canalas back!

He'll probably be available about midway through the 2025 season.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is probably big for assembling his staff:

https://x.com/gregauman/status/1750594511678640594?s=20

After following him for a year in Tampa I agree with this and I think most Bucs fans here would agree:

https://x.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/1750574593889251465?s=20

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

He'll probably be available about midway through the 2025 season.

that long from now?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It absolutely, 100% does not matter who is coaching the Carolina Panthers for the foreseeable future.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hell yeah sounds like we got the coach who'll stand up to a loud mouthed, obtuse, moron billionaire pervert

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

If Tepper steered the coach-hiring decision with the same immature envious drink-throwing petulance as we've seen before, then let's add in that in the month of January alone, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have:
  • been the most recent team to defeat Carolina
  • been the most recent team to shut out Carolina
  • won a playoff game at home
  • done all of the above with Baker
I posit Tepper has, at bare minimum, had the thought "if we're hosed in the near future, then you're going down with us!".

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

kalensc posted:

Popping open a Zima to toast Ross on the Harbaugh news

The AFCW remains KC, DEN, OAK, SD in my mind forever, gently caress the billionaire vultures

I prefer the good old days when it was DEN, KC, OAK, SD, SEA

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

wandler20 posted:

This is probably big for assembling his staff:

https://x.com/gregauman/status/1750594511678640594?s=20

Probably gonna have to compete with the Bears on some of these guys; they just hired Seattle’s old OC and have already interviewed a few of the Seahawks position coaches

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eh gently caress it, dude has spent a decade working around QBs with size limitations. Why not spin the wheel? Zac Taylor was only a coordinator for one year, made Goff look good until the SB disaster and he's been fine in cincy.

Worst case 2025 we're drafting 1st overall again, Bryce is cut and we're offering a billion dollars a year to beg some 40 yr old OC to come be a HC.

Best case we get some competent management, Bryce is fine and win 7 games.

No need to be so terrified of the future.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 25, 2024

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

xbilkis posted:

Probably gonna have to compete with the Bears on some of these guys; they just hired Seattle’s old OC and have already interviewed a few of the Seahawks position coaches

Working for the Bears or Tepper, truly a Sophie's choice situation.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Best case we get some competent management, Bryce is fine and win 7 games.

lmao even for the delusional optimist the best case is 7-10

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I would think the best case is Bryce looks fine but you lose a poo poo ton

Winning 7 could get you the division

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao even for the delusional optimist the best case is 7-10

Cmon brah, you gotta admit if we went 7 and 10 and the offense improved you'd be allahuackbaring with the rest of us.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Cmon brah, you gotta admit if we went 7 and 10 and the offense improved you'd be allahuackbaring with the rest of us.

i agree that the best possible outcome with bryce at qb is probably 3 games under 500.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

i agree that the best possible outcome with bryce at qb is probably 3 games under 500.

For the roster as it is now anyway.

I will never not have some optimism.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

BlindSite posted:

For the roster as it is now anyway.

I will never not have some optimism.

Y'all need some goddamn speed at WR.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Y'all need some goddamn speed at WR.

At least Canales should recognise the need for go to wide receivers after his time in Seattle and Tampa.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

BlindSite posted:

At least Canales should recognise the need for go to wide receivers after his time in Seattle and Tampa.

Canale's scheme can cook defenses, but I expect Young to take a step forward once he addresses the WR issue.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I expect Bryce to be off the team by 2025-26 week 1 following a trade to (spins wheel) the St. Louis battle hawks

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The actual worst case is Bryce still sucks but he's a better head coach so you luck into maybe four or five games next year. You still don't have an answer at quarterback and you're not quite bad enough to get one of the top prospects. Then we do this whole song and dance next year.

I even think it's the most likely outcome.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1750636399844352177

Beli-who?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Dream goes to Atlanta!

Belichick isn't getting a job is he?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

This is Blank apologizing to him for not just hiring him instead of Arthur Smith

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

wandler20 posted:

The Dream goes to Atlanta!

Belichick isn't getting a job is he?

Don't think Vrabel or Belicheck get a job. Holy poo poo..

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

:lol:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lmfao oh my god that’s hilarious

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Lmao Falcons what are you doing

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i gasped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Jon Bois needs to write an addendum for the History of the Atlanta Falcons. The Raheem Morris Era must be chronicled.