Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

It almost like no matter how you run a NFL team, it'll always make money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Asproigerosis posted:

Why does anyone think belichick is even trying to coach? 72 years old, having to start everything over again on a new team all that work. He's been phoning it in for years now and I'd bet he's smart enough to know Tom Brady made him. Good chance he's taking a Jeff fisher and weighs the risk of biggest loser too much to try for biggest winner.

Very unclear why people keep talking about Pete carrol when he is also old and more importantly specifically said he's done with the head coach grind and moved into a front office/advisor role with the seahawks.

Mcmagic is the only one who's convinced himself Carroll is out there for the taking even though he has not interviewed once and all we've had even hinting that he'd even think about it was a single report that he might have been gunning for the Chargers job. It's just that he's sorta kinda technically an option so we can't 100% rule him out. Well, maybe now we can. His last options are take a coordinator job, have the Seahawks walk back the firing, or take the Commies job, which seems like it's simply waiting for Ben Johnson to be free so not really open.

Belichick took 2 interviews in Atlanta. Why take those interviews if you have no intention of coaching? Belichick wasn't phoning it in these past few years he just destroyed his own team with piss-poor general management decisions

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Hard to believe the league isn’t fighting over a famously misanthropic coach who is sub-500 in his career without Brady and just finished a 4 win season that featured the implosion of a young first round pick QB

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bill was not made by Tom Brady that’s an insane thing to claim

Plus he wants that win record

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Raheem worked with Shanahan on the offensive side of the ball in Atlanta so he may at least have shed the innate cowardice that defensive head coaches all have.

Kyle Shanahan is a tremendous coward

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
No you see those 2000s Pats teams weren't Bill at all, it was just a generational defense with multiple HOFers propping up a game-managing QB ... oh

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I know it was a while ago, but everyone thought Brady was the ur-game manager until 2007

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Asproigerosis posted:

Why does anyone think belichick is even trying to coach?
Because he interviewed for coaching jobs.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Falcons have won 7 games every year for the last 6 years except for the one year they won 4 and Rich McKay has been there as GM or President the whole time. He hired the last 2 failure HC's He literally built their lovely losing organization! THIS is the guy who wins a power struggle against guys like Belichick, Vrabel, Harbaugh and Carroll? It's shameful and embarrassing.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 26, 2024

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Phoned it in lol. You can tell who actually follows the NFL this time of year.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Phoned it in lol. You can tell who actually follows the NFL this time of year.

I mean to be fair he did make Matt Patricia and Joe Judge co-OCs last year which is either phoning it in or performance art.

And then somehow the offense was worse this year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I would phone it in too if Mac Jones was my quarterback

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
In Belichick’s defense he really was undermined by his GM

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Well whatever Billy's doing, it's hard to think of him as some kind of failure.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

mcmagic posted:

Man if I was a Falcons fan i would be loving LIVID. You have proven coach after proven coach in that building from the greatest coach of all time to Harbaugh to Vrabel and they hire a crapshoot retread defensive guy who stood next to McVay because the owner is hung up on keeping the mediocre GM who has won jack poo poo in his career. So many NFL teams just aren't serious entities.

McKay isn't even the GM, he's some other nebulous position. Just hoping Morris brings in some young fun coordinators.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sexy tiger boobs posted:

McKay isn't even the GM, he's some other nebulous position. Just hoping Morris brings in some young fun coordinators.

Yeah hes like in the Easterby role. He's one of these NFL front office cockroaches that have no idea how to win but survive every nuclear winter heh.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

It's not Belichick. That's the only request I had.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Soooo, has Seattle interviewed anybody or what's going on there?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The 12's are going to coach.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just wanted to give props to a good reporter. This tweet was correct. A future development happened.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm sure Raheem Morris is a fine dude and all I just subscribe to the "Do not hire retread defensive coaches" theory and the "Do not hire ex-HCs from your own division rivals" theory. Checking off both isn't great.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

sexy tiger boobs posted:

He's linked to Zac Robinson

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1750663089429577992?t=Gsa3jPCoKMSR5-s7mvRylQ&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

Man if I was a Falcons fan i would be loving LIVID. You have proven coach after proven coach in that building from the greatest coach of all time to Harbaugh to Vrabel and they hire a crapshoot retread defensive guy who stood next to McVay because the owner is hung up on keeping the mediocre GM who has won jack poo poo in his career. So many NFL teams just aren't serious entities.

I'm not saying it's right of course because lol. But there's familiarity there too, he's spent a lot of time in the building with the Falcons and then got a ring after leaving.

One of those things where I can understand why it happened even if, you know, I think this is the most doomed thing ever.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

I'm not saying it's right of course because lol. But there's familiarity there too, he's spent a lot of time in the building with the Falcons and then got a ring after leaving.

One of those things where I can understand why it happened even if, you know, I think this is the most doomed thing ever.

In a vacuum it's a defensible hire but the coaches that are available this offseason make it a completely different situation.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently Seattle is interested in Mike Macdonald but can't interview him yet because they were late in firing Pete (did it on Tuesday instead of Monday) and he can't be approached until the Ravens are out of the playoffs. Oops.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

They're in the process. Today was their 2nd interview with Dan Quinn. This tweet shows who was scheduled this week, though Raheem Morris is obviously not going to be interviewed tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/TodaySeahawks/status/1747711573509169416

As seiferguy says, their late firing of Pete made them miss the window on interviewing playoff coaches, so who knows if this is the final list of candidates or not.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/SKProFootball/status/1750683067285389644

Does Blank own the team or does McKay?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I can't imagine what kind of a power-grubbing rear end in a top hat Belichick is in interviews to get him booted from consideration with his record as a head coach

but it's really funny to try

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

CapnAndy posted:

I can't imagine what kind of a power-grubbing rear end in a top hat Belichick is in interviews to get him booted from consideration with his record as a head coach

I mean it sounds like the CEO was terrified of losing a power struggle to bill which does make sense

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I wouldn't let Bill be GM either

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Imagine trying to hire Bill Belichick and wanting to have him answer to losers like Rich McKay who have never won jack poo poo in their lives.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
McKay and Gruden famously hated each other in Tampa so I imagine he's not thrilled to re-live that dynamic

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Imagine trying to hire Bill Belichick and wanting to have him answer to losers like Rich McKay who have never won jack poo poo in their lives.

It's way better than hiring Belichick the GM.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

Keeping the same guy in charge who is responsible for the last decade of Falcons football is better than Belichick? That is an insane opinion.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

fsif posted:

Wouldn’t want to ruin the stellar Atlanta Falcons legacy

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The 12's are going to coach.

Twitch plays nfl

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It will never happen but BB to Seahawks seems like it would be decent for him based on the mainstream perspective of Seattle’s situation.

•Good enough QB
•Good enough offensive talent except for IOL
•Defense that allegedly has talent but is under utilized.

Their cap situation isn’t great, and there’s some dead weight defensive players, but if they get a couple okay IOL and Bill works his defensive magic it could be good enough “win now” team.

Good enough to maybe get through the wildcard a couple times and good enough to grind out sufficient W-L records to get Bill his record in relatively acceptable amounts of seasons.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Twitch plays nfl
Sooner than later, some owner desperate and/or fame-hungry enough is going to let a ChatGPT model call the plays, it's only a matter of time. Might as well be now.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

CapnAndy posted:

Sooner than later, some owner desperate and/or fame-hungry enough is going to let a ChatGPT model call the plays, it's only a matter of time. Might as well be now.

We’ve speculated on Bezos buying the seahawks but what if Amazon Analytics becomes the head coach? In the time you’ve read this post, they’ve punted at the 50 at 4th and 1 down two scores with 3:30 remaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Just cause you do an interview doesn't mean you want a job