Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Yesterdays Latte posted:

Hey, anybody tested if player attack affects/stacks with their Pal during special abilities? I can't imagine it affects stuff like Daedream's follower attack, but I'm not sure for stuff like Foxparks's active flamethrower. If so, could be fun to do a build around direct use of Pals as weapons.

a friend started a server and set the player damage to like 0.1% of normal

when she grabbed the fox and equiped it as a flame thrower, the damage was way low

there is a good chance that player damage is used when you are mounted as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Yesterdays Latte posted:

Hey, anybody tested if player attack affects/stacks with their Pal during special abilities? I can't imagine it affects stuff like Daedream's follower attack, but I'm not sure for stuff like Foxparks's active flamethrower. If so, could be fun to do a build around direct use of Pals as weapons.

I don't think it scales with player attack, but it does scale with that pals' attack stat.
Just be aware that most of the weapon attacks are normal, not the element of whatever pal has it (with the exception of Foxpark's flamethrower).

Edit: Or I might be completely wrong, welp

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

cumpantry posted:

thank you too :D

No problem, enjoy!

:3:

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE
This whole discussion about them ripping off pokemon is so brainworms. Who loving cares etc- pokemon is one of the most artistically bankrupt pieces of culture i can think of. At the very least palworld is going to be a really cool platform for people to mod in some cool monsters.

Also just in terms of polish and attention to detail- look at the animation of depresso, or whatever its called, mining and tell me there isnt love put in to that animation. Its not loving groundbreaking or anything, and they clearly took some shortcuts, but there is definately some craft on display here.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

pentyne posted:

Pretty great, you can automate almost everything.

Some people posted that running on an active server they constantly come back to all their pals starving an injured even with a self sustaining farm.

I think this might be related to restarts, if I restart my server but don't login for awhile, I come back to my Pals injured and/or starving. If I restart, login, then log out and come back a few hours later, everything seems fine.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I always love the goons who say who cares about this dumb poo poo

then brings the dumb poo poo back up

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Lol sibelyx is literally just a pal version of Ranni from elden ring

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Science_enthusiast posted:

This whole discussion about them ripping off pokemon is so brainworms. Who loving cares etc- pokemon is one of the most artistically bankrupt pieces of culture i can think of. At the very least palworld is going to be a really cool platform for people to mod in some cool monsters.

Also just in terms of polish and attention to detail- look at the animation of depresso, or whatever its called, mining and tell me there isnt love put in to that animation. Its not loving groundbreaking or anything, and they clearly took some shortcuts, but there is definately some craft on display here.

I feel like you need to think harder if you can't think of more creativity bankrupt properties then Pokemon? Like sure the games are formulaic and don't break new ground, but the designs are plenty fun, creative and inventive, the entire reason why people love it and tolerate mediocre games, and why no-ones been able to usurp them yet. According to many, the fact that PalWorld rips it off so shamelessly is half of the charm of palworld. TBH it feels like that PalWorld can be rough in plenty of ways of it own is only more fuel to the "pokemon fans are eager for anything" argument.

Palworld is not without charm and it's own bits of creativity, which is something I think makes some of the more ripped off designs feel worse. But I also look at the contrast between the parts of the game with charm, and the parts without (eg: weapons and buildables), and then the whole copied designs kind of makes me skeptical about how much of it is really theirs?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i meant to add earlier that i started my solo game with pokemon spawns at 3x and i have to say, it's really interesting how it changes the game. pals travel in herds, and this makes racking up 10 captures more easy, but it just as well makes tougher encounters when, say, you want a mammoth but you're gonna have to figure out a plan to take out the other five marching alongside. pals i wouldve attacked for exp or loot in my friends' game, i don't in this just because a herd of like 8 of those fluffy green things becomes a problem quick. oh, and bosses spawn in threes too--three times the difficulty, three times the loot :henget:

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Oxyclean posted:

Palworld is not without charm and it's own bits of creativity, which is something I think makes some of the more ripped off designs feel worse. But I also look at the contrast between the parts of the game with charm, and the parts without (eg: weapons and buildables), and then the whole copied designs kind of makes me skeptical about how much of it is really theirs?

I mean how much poo poo did pokemon copy from dragon quest

thats crazy about three bosses spawning jfc

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Neebs did a podcast titled 'We rufuse to play Palworld'.
But then they go on to say every one of them thats played it, loves it.
So would expect a series from them once they are done their vacation.

This whole thing reminds me of the covid vaccine hysteria where its a bunch of lies mixed in with embellished half truths, so when you disprove the lies, they can still hate it for the things that are partially true.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

OgNar posted:

This whole thing reminds me of the covid vaccine hysteria where its a bunch of lies mixed in with embellished half truths, so when you disprove the lies, they can still hate it for the things that are partially true.

this is called the internet

it reminds you of the internet

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How easy is it to stick different models in this? I have a 3D model of my own cute monster, and seems like it could fit the rig of some of these basic four legged teddy bear types.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's UE5 so probably the instructions and tools for unpacking .paks for other games will work just fine here. Just need to find the right file name to replace.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Khanstant posted:

How easy is it to stick different models in this? I have a 3D model of my own cute monster, and seems like it could fit the rig of some of these basic four legged teddy bear types.

You'd probably need to look up Unreal modding.

There's that one youtube guy who replaced a bunch of models with pokemons, so it can't be terribly hard or out of the realm of possibility.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Model swaps are easy as hell in UE. Someone just got knocked by Nintendo for the actual Pokemon model swap.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Its so easy to put models in this someone put actual pokemon in the game :v:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha well I wasn't sure if that person was experienced with modding tricks or whatever I don't know. I've made models to upload into Tower Unite but it fully supports importing them from blender. But for modding games myself most I've done is replace sprites in Stardew with my own by just saving over the pngs lol. That eventually got annoying across updates so I copied someone else's mod and replaced their pngs with mine.

I started messing around with UE5 last year and got my stuff from blender into the UE5 editor fairly easily so I'll look into it this weekend to see if it's drag n drop easy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Holy shitballs, bred up an Anubis with Artisan. Rank 4 crafting with 50% bonus? loving sign me up. Now if I can get them to actually craft instead of mining from the quarry they'll be the best thing ever.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

:commissar:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
weird, the update cratered the field of view, I had to max out the slider to get it back to what it was

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I've been meaning to ask, has anyone else found Reincarnated Guy? It's a fun little easter egg that gives a single piece of high tier food.

Won't spoil the dialogue but I got a hearty chuckle out of it.

Spoilered image of where you can find him if anyone's interested, coords are in the bottom left. You would literally not be able to find this guy unless you were lucky or covering every inch of the map.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
High qualify pal oil and ancient civilization parts. Where are those? I’ve picked them up before but I don’t remember how or where. A chest maybe.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Lt. Cock posted:

High qualify pal oil and ancient civilization parts. Where are those? I’ve picked them up before but I don’t remember how or where. A chest maybe.

I got all my ancient civilization parts from capturing/killing boss pals. I know that dumuds and digtorses and mammorests drop high quality oil, with mammorests dropping more per pal.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Evil Kit posted:

I've been meaning to ask, has anyone else found Reincarnated Guy? It's a fun little easter egg that gives a single piece of high tier food.

Won't spoil the dialogue but I got a hearty chuckle out of it.

Spoilered image of where you can find him if anyone's interested, coords are in the bottom left. You would literally not be able to find this guy unless you were lucky or covering every inch of the map.

speaking of random guys, did anyone find that underground merchant at the mineshaft? well, i found him again off a random cliff on the ice mountain island to the northwest. he stood and sold the same crap. very strange

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

EorayMel posted:

I got all my ancient civilization parts from capturing/killing boss pals. I know that dumuds and digtorses and mammorests drop high quality oil, with mammorests dropping more per pal.

Relaxosaurus and Woolipops also drop high quality oil as I recall, and the latter is neutral so it can get boosted by Katress.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

cumpantry posted:

speaking of random guys, did anyone find that underground merchant at the mineshaft? well, i found him again off a random cliff on the ice mountain island to the northwest. he stood and sold the same crap. very strange

I think the various special merchants can spawn randomly in the world, and also have set spawns you can always find them in no matter what. I've found the Black Marketeer randomly a few times in the wild, but I've also found his usual spot that has a bunch of cages, skull piles and braziers.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Third World Reagan posted:

feed all fruit to your pokemon

But to whom? I want to be optimal and I don't know enough!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Epic High Five posted:

The one I posted a little bit ago has 8 ore, 6 coal, and no raids, but stone is annoyingly distant so you'll have to teleport in with it. Good forward base for exploring the north too. You can probably get to it without a flying mount but it'll be a real trek.

I had a blast last night trying to scout through to the area w/ my level 11 character that I forgot to make a glider for. Spotted Jormuntide while swimming in the dark and (assuming he aggros) pretty sure I barely managed to swim around him to get to shore. Lost all my travelling pals to hostile wildlife or the FPA. The fast travel point on the frozen cliff to the north was the only one I could see near your recommended spot, wound up getting chased by a couple of the werewolf pals to the cliff face and trying to get from ledge to ledge while they fired on me from below. Then started freezing to death because I was in the basic crafted clothes and made it to the travel point with about 10% hp left.

A+, would recommend the trip on traveladvisor.net

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I thought raids were neat until a horde of 20 fire pals rolled around and burned absolutely everything down. Wooden foundations collapsed which broke everything on top of them. I, uh, turned off raids after that.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hello Sailor posted:

I had a blast last night trying to scout through to the area w/ my level 11 character that I forgot to make a glider for. Spotted Jormuntide while swimming in the dark and (assuming he aggros) pretty sure I barely managed to swim around him to get to shore. Lost all my travelling pals to hostile wildlife or the FPA. The fast travel point on the frozen cliff to the north was the only one I could see near your recommended spot, wound up getting chased by a couple of the werewolf pals to the cliff face and trying to get from ledge to ledge while they fired on me from below. Then started freezing to death because I was in the basic crafted clothes and made it to the travel point with about 10% hp left.

A+, would recommend the trip on traveladvisor.net

Just the best stuff in these games those early game desperate scrabbles through hell lmao, glad you decided to consider my warning at least before throwing it aside as is right. It's very much more like Arceus in how scary and dangerous things can be early on.

there's another fast travel point but it's right at the base of the pillar elevation-wise, it'd be a helluva climb so the ice was probably the best approach. I've avoided it so far because I know in my bones it's gonna be a real shitshow up there.

Some good Pals spawn there too but I think they stop if you put the palbox up

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

SettingSun posted:

I thought raids were neat until a horde of 20 fire pals rolled around and burned absolutely everything down. Wooden foundations collapsed which broke everything on top of them. I, uh, turned off raids after that.

this happened to me too, i lost half my village to fire. but i rolled with it and set up a perimeter of stone walls, and let me tell you, that poo poo holds while you cock the toucan grenade launcher. transgressors have also been spending time with Kingpaca in teh Punishment Cage

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
The viewing cage that you can unlock at level 15 in local play appears to be disabled for dedicated servers which is very disappointing. Would be fun to show off some pals and could have filled the shared box niche with other guild members.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Epic High Five posted:

there's another fast travel point but it's right at the base of the pillar elevation-wise, it'd be a helluva climb so the ice was probably the best approach. I've avoided it so far because I know in my bones it's gonna be a real shitshow up there.

Are you saying you think the frozen cliff point will be a shitshow? Wasn't the case for me; once I got past the werewolves at the bottom, I didn't see anything else

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Assigning job priorty needs to be a thing asap.

I can't assign Anubis to production and he's so fast sprinting over to the quarry I can't even catch him half the time to try.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The wood pile and quarry are way too high on their priority list. They should be like, last. If literally nothing else needs doing, then mine/chop.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
the base management part of the game can be so frustrating

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I'm kind of getting into breeding- I got two copies of that grass panda, one has two great traits, the other has another two great traits. I figured it might take a bit to get a kid with all four traits, but maybe I'd make do with three.

I've painstakingly hatched like 10 of these fuckers (half an hour for each egg) and so far only one kid has even had two of the desired traits. Half of them appear to have neither of the parent's traits.

For folks that got those mounts with four perfect traits, how many eggs did that take?

I've got four incubators going and plenty of cakes, but the inheritance is spotty enough that this is going to take a ridiculous amount of time. I didn't even want this trait combo that bad, I just noticed I had two of these guys with compatible great traits.

pentyne posted:

Assigning job priorty needs to be a thing asap.

I can't assign Anubis to production and he's so fast sprinting over to the quarry I can't even catch him half the time to try.
I think production is higher priority than mining. At least I'm pretty sure I've seen my miners run over and make stuff sometimes. But once they get mining I don't know how often they check for production jobs.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Maybe it's bugged, but the moment one of the 3 miners leaves for food the Anubis rushes over to take the spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I've already bred a few pals (and seemingly have been fairly lucky with trait inheritance), but there's one pal that refuses to participate. As soon as I throw them in the pen they fall asleep and don't register as assigned to the breeding farm. Jank or am I missing something?