Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Liquid Chicken posted:

Republican National Committee considering move that would declare Trump the presumptive nominee

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/25/poli...z13TGmX7n_Iwn7Q

A draft resolution circulating among the Republican National Committee would formally declare Donald Trump the Republican Party’s 2024 presumptive nominee.

While the former president would still need to reach the delegate requirements necessary to win the nomination, if the resolution is approved, he would have access to the RNC’s data operation, benefit from fundraising with the RNC, and have the support of all of the committee’s ground operations. It would also mean the committee would be supporting Trump and effectively opposing former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley – an unprecedented break from the party’s past approach to the nominating process.

The resolution, which is being reviewed by the RNC, was proposed by David Bossie, an RNC committeeman from Maryland who recently endorsed Trump. The resolution was first reported by The Dispatch on Thursday. A draft copy of the resolution was obtained independently by CNN.

“RESOLVED that the Republican National Committee hereby declares President Trump as our presumptive 2024 nominee for the office of President of the United States and from this moment forward moves into full general election mode welcoming supporters of all candidates as valued members of Team Trump 2024,” the resolution reads.

An RNC spokesperson said in a statement that this resolution is still just a resolution and not the current stance of the committee.

Welp, I guess some of the GOP chuds just want to gently caress the primaries altogether now.

Trump said no and it's been withdrawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Is this like the RNC trying to do to Haley what the DNC did to Bernie?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Serious_Cyclone posted:

“The far left promotes racism by arguing that black lives matter”, yikes

Remember, it all boils down to "If we don't have absolute power, THOSE PEOPLE will try and do all the things we did to them to us, and worse because they'll be pissed off for hundreds of years of it." and they stop there because it might make them realize that if they have hundreds of years of grievances, maybe they did do something wrong.

Or they just assume everyone is like them and they won't give up being the one doing the bad poo poo because the only other option is having the bad poo poo done to them.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

kazil posted:

He wants every opportunity to RIGGED AND STOLLEN. That and yelling about Nikki Haley.

I'm betting he doesn't want to win anyway, because he wants to keep being the angry victim.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
this is all so loving pathetic
if they really cared about any of this poo poo it could be gone in a year. but they don't. they read some headlines and congratulate themselves on staying informed, they vote for whoever says they'll protect them the best and call themselves the last people in america really fighting for it.
people died for the failed steak salesman.
loving pathetic.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Three Olives posted:

I can't seem to easily Google this, does NY have so real or practical statutory limit on punitive damages or could jurors just say, gently caress him, $1B and maybe he will learn his lesson and have it stand?
AFAIK no, there's no statutory treatment of the topic and is basically uncapped, but what a judge will do with such an award is highly, highly subjective in their belief of what "excessive" might be and reduce accordingly. A jury may award that, but it's stupidly unlikely to stand on appeal or even a post-trial motion.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

kazil posted:

Did the guy who proposed it publicly flog himself yet, or is second-guessing Trump a full on seppuku level offense now.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Accipiter posted:

The south will rise again!

You'll see!

Just you wait!

any time I ask people who scream this, what precisely does that mean, they have no answer other than to repeat it like a toddler screaming the word POOP.

does it mean black people will be slaves again? that we will forgo all the tech since the civil war?

I mean I know what it is. But for some reason they never will admit it.

I wish Trump would refuse the nomination. Cite that the GOP are all losers and Rhinos and he will run on his own ticket, his own new party! TRUMP PARTY.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 26, 2024

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Cowslips Warren posted:

any time I ask people who scream this, what precisely does that mean, they have no answer other than to repeat it like a toddler screaming the word POOP.

does it mean black people will be slaves again? that we will forgo all the tech since the civil war?

I mean I know what it is. But for some reason they never will admit it.

They know what it is and they know we know what it is. But most of them will never admit to it.

The best part is, that phrase was the rallying cry of The Redeemers - a coalition of racist white conservative elites and their loyalists that used any and all tactics - including violence and outright fraud - to sabotage and/or influence elections to try and ensure their preferred outcome.

I WONDER WHY IT STUCK AROUND

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
LOL egging the federal government into a standoff, while he will be safely ensconced in a Cancun beach chair.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

:perfect:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

the border crisis is out of control which is why literally no one's lives have changed at all in Texas or wherever

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Liquid Chicken posted:

While the former president would still need to reach the delegate requirements necessary to win the nomination, if the resolution is approved, he would have access to the RNC’s data operation, benefit from fundraising with the RNC, and have the support of all of the committee’s ground operations. It would also mean the committee would be supporting Trump and effectively opposing former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley – an unprecedented break from the party’s past approach to the nominating process.

Clearly he's not sucking the life out of the GOP fast enough, perhaps we should hand him the keys to the car and our wallets and blank checkbook? I'm sure he'll forward the money downstream to key battles as so to solidify he party in congress and retake the Senate!

:lol:

Baffled to read Trump declined it.

Also, you folks aren't taking border security serious enough! Here's a quick clip of drug dealers and rapists trying to scale Trumps wall!

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

A year ago it was a gas stove graphic. Cruz being a Canadian really messes with his point here.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I also like how no one has said poo poo about the razor wire at all but they're all getting loving weird and pre-emptively hornyposting going YEAH BIDEN COME AND TAKE IT. YOU WANT THIS? YEAH I BET YOU DO. UNG YEAH WE'RE SO FREE AND LIBERTY AND AMERICA UNNNF

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Toxic Mental posted:

the border crisis is out of control which is why literally no one's lives have changed at all in Texas or wherever

My mom, who lives a stone's throw from Ottawa, is so upset about THE INVASION AT THE BORDER. I do my best to feed her a steady stream of reason and reality, but I'm no match for the other 167 hours of right-wing propaganda filling her ear holes in the week.

It took every ounce of restraint a bunch of years ago when she complained about immigrants in this country for me to explain to her, "Mom YOU'RE GERMAN AND YOU WERE BORN IN GERMANY."

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Political advisor: "Sir, this may be a chance to appeal to more minority voters by rebuking Nikki Haley's comment. Release a statement about natural biases or ignorance about history.
Carl: "We are all racists. How couldn't we be, right?"
Political advisor: :cripes:

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Am I the only one who thinks this is a pretty clear riff on the Saudi Arabian flag?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

I feel constantly using this catchphrase for every little panic dilutes that slogan considerably. Where does it end? “Come and take my empty cans”? “Come and take my dirty dishes”? “Come and take my eye boogers”?

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

digital penitence posted:

Trump outside the polling site at Londonderry High School in New Hampshire

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Yes

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a pretty clear riff on the Saudi Arabian flag?

Yes you are.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Toxic Mental posted:

I also like how no one has said poo poo about the razor wire at all but they're all getting loving weird and pre-emptively hornyposting going YEAH BIDEN COME AND TAKE IT. YOU WANT THIS? YEAH I BET YOU DO. UNG YEAH WE'RE SO FREE AND LIBERTY AND AMERICA UNNNF

I thought it's because they were court ordered to remove the wire and when it started coming down they said "gently caress you" and started installing more?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Remind me how this policy went for the last group of child molesting slave owners who tried it.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

BrideOfUglycat posted:

???????

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Accipiter posted:

He wants every opportunity to RIGGED AND STOLLEN. That and yelling about Nikki Haley.

I'm betting he doesn't want to win anyway, because he wants to keep being the angry victim.

On the contrary; he’s absolutely desperate to win because if he doesn’t he’s utterly hosed what with the 17 trials he’ll need to get through

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's pretty remarkable to watch Republicans manufacture "Crises" in real time, right? They've been doing this a while now, but now, unabashedly.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

idiotsavant posted:

On the contrary; he’s absolutely desperate to win because if he doesn’t he’s utterly hosed what with the 17 trials he’ll need to get through

You assume he has considered that there will be real consequences for his actions.

It's not something he's ever wanted to think about before. He ain't going to start now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Accipiter posted:

You assume he has considered that there will be real consequences for his actions.

It's not something he's ever wanted to think about before. He ain't going to start now.

Yeah he barely has object permanence everything is just about what he wants RIGHT NOW like a little baby. He doesn’t want to be given the nom because he gets to keep campaigning for the GOP ticket and dumping on hapless goofs like Haley. He’s maybe a little gun-shy about going up against Biden again so wants to put that off.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1750707599601746062

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

BrideOfUglycat posted:

:dafuq:

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

priznat posted:

Yeah he barely has object permanence everything is just about what he wants RIGHT NOW like a little baby. He doesn’t want to be given the nom because he gets to keep campaigning for the GOP ticket and dumping on hapless goofs like Haley. He’s maybe a little gun-shy about going up against Biden again so wants to put that off.

Also the longer the primary goes on, the longer he can collect campaign contributions. Of course he never expected he'd ever have to SPEND the campaign contributions on actual campaigning, as so far slightly less than half of Republican primary voters have demonstrated they will get out there and vote for Literally Anyone But Trump. He wants to go through the proper primary process by hoovering up small doner contributions and then effortlessly stomping everyone to stroke his little mushroom dick about how bigly important he is. That... isn't quite what's happening so far.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Jelly posted:

Is this like the RNC trying to do to Haley what the DNC did to Bernie?

not even a little bit, the dnc did very little to Bernie

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Accipiter posted:

"Mom YOU'RE GERMAN AND YOU WERE BORN IN GERMANY."

This should be the only response you give, over and over again until she shuts up.

Condolences that reason and patient discussion didn't work.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Asterite34 posted:

Also the longer the primary goes on, the longer he can collect campaign contributions. Of course he never expected he'd ever have to SPEND the campaign contributions on actual campaigning, as so far slightly less than half of Republican primary voters have demonstrated they will get out there and vote for Literally Anyone But Trump. He wants to go through the proper primary process by hoovering up small doner contributions and then effortlessly stomping everyone to stroke his little mushroom dick about how bigly important he is. That... isn't quite what's happening so far.

Ah yeah definitely a fundraising angle to that too I bet, good point!

I am actually surprised how he didn’t win by more in both Iowa and NH. I was expecting him to get 2/3 or more even!

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

He's right. The congress-critters outright said on cable news that they're pissing on the current proposed legislation because they don't want to give Biden a win.

Not because they disagree with the polices or that they want to offer better solutions, they literally want to undermine the White House.

Carth Dookie posted:

This should be the only response you give, over and over again until she shuts up.

Condolences that reason and patient discussion didn't work.

I really hate it because I hate to think of my mom as even a little bit racist, but it's definitely because they're "that kind" of immigrant.

She was getting huffy about the people coming here seeking asylum, totally glossing over the fact that her own father was seeking asylum in the US after WWII because he and his first wife and children were thrown into a concentration camp after seeing family and friends murdered in the street by the SS. He was the only one who survived. (I have his original application paperwork, and I still laugh at his answer to the question asking if he has plans to return to his country of origin: "Nein!")

Accipiter fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 26, 2024

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I'm no Newsom fan, but I'll say this for him - he's got that trolling energy that the Democratic party needs more of.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

kuarduck posted:

Yeah but does the 18-35 year old guardsman who works as a soldier two weekends a year know that?

No. They suffer for these idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
So another of Trump's rich friends is an accused sex trafficker?

Countdown to: "I've never met Vince McMahon"