Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rotinaj posted:

Uh isn’t the fact that Vince was paying her off already just absolutely proving that “This lawsuit is replete with lies, obscene made-up instances that never occurred, and a vindictive distortion of the truth.” is all bullshit?

Not really. His argument could be that it was a simple consensual affair and that’s what he was paying off. He would be lying, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the timing of McDevitt's retirement in the face of all this really says a lot

This is an interesting point. He was like Vince’s shield for so long and always touted as an amazing lawyer. I wonder if he has anyone else that will defend him as ruthlessly.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Man I was really excited to watch Akira Tozawa win the royal rumble but then Vince had to go and ruin my enjoyment

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the timing of McDevitt's retirement in the face of all this really says a lot

Also the fact that the victim was in legal

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Count Thrashula posted:

Man I was really excited to watch Akira Tozawa win the royal rumble but then Vince had to go and ruin my enjoyment

If it's any consolation I'm sure he's going to be eliminated in under ten seconds

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
McDevitt has always been heralded as this amazing cuthrought lawyer but I think for most of his career he was going up against penniless ex-wrestlers

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Where do you see pieces falling if it does go this far out? Does Ari remove Vince, Nick, and Paul and install Dwayne or other non-public facing execs as acting WWE chairman?

I honestly have no idea. If TKO stays together I think the most likely scenario is they vote Vince out and Vince gets a shitload of money. But if this does go far out, meaning we get shareholder suits and more WBJ (or some other outlet) pieces that tie things together, I would guess Nick stays and HHH goes. Nick seems to be isolated from the actual claims, at worst he'd be involved in the investigation and sale and I think they just settle those. But I think they'd have to get rid of people who actively participated with Vince's scheme if they can't keep taking hits. I'd guess Brock gets paid to sit at home too. I'd be surprised if any wrestlers get named so I'm guessing they are all fine unless someone was sending out those pictures to an outside party. Wrestlers are stupid.

But I have no idea what might lead to an actual doomsday scenario like I brought up, just with so many things going wrong since the rumors Endeavor might seek to go private (but that TKO would stay public) I have been wondering if there might need to be some major restructuring if UFC loses their shirt in the antitrust.

Seams posted:

McDevitt has always been heralded as this amazing cuthrought lawyer but I think for most of his career he was going up against penniless ex-wrestlers

Yeah I mean he lost to the Ultimate Warrior in court! Seems like WWE's biggest successes were settling and NDAs.

Edit: Also if my read on the description of Officer No. 3 is right it could also be Frank Riddick III and not just Stephanie. There are some people saying Riddick might be 1 but he wasn't an exec in WWE the whole time he was interim CFO for two years.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 26, 2024

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
I thought Jesse Ventura was the only wrestler to beat Vince in court

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
I'm shocked at not how not shocked at any of this I am. It's truly vile stuff, and my heart of hearts knows for a fact it's just the tip of the iceberg of all the actual poo poo Vince has been getting away with for four loving decades. Now I wonder if Kevin Dunn's retirement was truly a coincidence or if he is one of the unnamed parties, because there is no loving way he worked that closely with Vince all those years and walked away with a clean conscience.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

McDevitt lost to MLW lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Pat McAfee had Paul Heyman on his ESPN show this afternoon and they just talked about the Rumble and that Roman is the best of all time.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

1glitch0 posted:

Pat McAfee had Paul Heyman on his ESPN show this afternoon and they just talked about the Rumble and that Roman is the best of all time.

That poo poo was playing at the lobby of my work, after the news broke, while we were posting about it here. I was biting my tongue so hard. It was unbelievable.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

1glitch0 posted:

There’s no way any WWE show or any WWE-affiliated person even mentions this. They just want you to focus on THE RUMBLE and how exciting it is that WWE’s gonna be on Netflix!!!!

At most, they’ll remind everyone that Vince totally doesn’t work there any more, no sir, so you can watch WWE as much as you want!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The man who created ECW being an amoral carny? Surely you jest.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Lid posted:

The man who created ECW being an amoral carny? Surely you jest.

The man so great Tommy Dreamer was going to attend one wrestlemania right up front and once Paul passed by was going to take out a gun and blow Pauls brains out.

And he was a ECW faithful.

It's also why he wanted to blow Pauls brains out as Paul lied, and screwed over lots of folks on money, how ECW was doing etc.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Majinfoose posted:

We can just make the NL Royalist of Rumbles the actual Rumble and WWE can gently caress off forever.

The last MDickie Rumble was so good with Sting spending half the time in the ring with no legs laying on the mat.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
That promo Stephanie cut years ago about Vince pimping her out sure hits different.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

A Fancy Hat posted:

There’s no way any WWE show or any WWE-affiliated person even mentions this. They just want you to focus on THE RUMBLE and how exciting it is that WWE’s gonna be on Netflix!!!!

At most, they’ll remind everyone that Vince totally doesn’t work there any more, no sir, so you can watch WWE as much as you want!

You're right of course but I was still surprised at just how hard the machine just rolled on. I would have guessed they'd cancel Heyman, but nope just stream roll through it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

The Last Call posted:

The man so great Tommy Dreamer was going to attend one wrestlemania right up front and once Paul passed by was going to take out a gun and blow Pauls brains out.

In fairness, Tommy's been concussed so many times that he sees Aztec temples in the distance every time he squints.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Writer Cath posted:

That promo Stephanie cut years ago about Vince pimping her out sure hits different.

Also a relief they didn't do a proposed incest storyline

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

delfin posted:

In fairness, Tommy's been concussed so many times that he sees Aztec temples in the distance every time he squints.

Mine has a pair of ghost doggies with a big door between them.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Just caught up on it all and jesus loving christ. Vince is just a complete monster and the sooner he is dead the better.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
So just read the whole complaint and uhhh

Yikeseroo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The released text messages are so damning i cannot ever give this company money again

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

stab posted:

So just read the whole complaint and uhhh

Yikeseroo

The difference between this and Dana White is how extraordinarily weird it is, it is the worst thing you could imagine it being.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

those texts are loving heinous. burn it all to the ground and salt the earth at this point

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/Raion74_/status/1750177068556357783

When did Baron Corbin become one of the best bases in wrestling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

The released text messages are so damning i cannot ever give this company money again

I can't get over this happening to a woman who was grieving her parents who she had been caring for, needed a job, thought she had a gift from God and ended up in this hellhole.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its a good thing i dont give wwe money or i'd feel very guilty right now

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Executive #2 probably has to be Canyon Ceman, no?

E: or Mark Carrano, I guess

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I can't get over this happening to a woman who was grieving her parents who she had been caring for, needed a job, thought she had a gift from God and ended up in this hellhole.

All the wrestlers who love Vince always seem to see him as a father figure

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Vince McMahon is a gross monster and he texts like a Reddit edgelord

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Optimist with doubt posted:

he is

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Yeah, they add a while other level to everything. It’s one thing to read the accusations but it makes it a whole other thing to read his actual words.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It astonishes me that every time I think I understand just how rotten and despicable a person Vince McMahon is, he manages to reveal he's far worse.

Not much more to say really beyond how sad it makes me that the company that really got me into wrestling from a young age and inspired a love for this often patently ridiculous thing is so deeply poisoned a well.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Optimist with doubt posted:

Elon Musk, Trump and Vince in showing the only thing seperating people isnt personalities its a billion dollars. Dregs of society but rich.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jerusalem posted:

It astonishes me that every time I think I understand just how rotten and despicable a person Vince McMahon is, he manages to reveal he's far worse.

Not much more to say really beyond how sad it makes me that the company that really got me into wrestling from a young age and inspired a love for this often patently ridiculous thing is so deeply poisoned a well.

the behidn the bastards thing was five parts long and yet was so undercooked that nearly everyone here knows more heinous Vince poo poo that is common knowledge than they even covered, like the depravity here is individual depravity but we've known for decades he covered up a child rape ring and a murder

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I regretted reading the actual complaint...it's horrific beyond belief. I don't understand how anyone can still watch the product at this point and earnestly use the usual talking points as justification.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I regretted reading the actual complaint...it's horrific beyond belief. I don't understand how anyone can still watch the product at this point and earnestly use the usual talking points as justification.

But but they get Peacock for free :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is 100% gonna end with them booting HHH and Vince out and Khan just controlling everything.

I hope HHH gets divorced too.

I just really think it'd be really cool if HHH lost his dream job, was completely exiled from his children's lives and then after he realized the breadth of the suffering he'd caused for decades just to gain power for himself, all of which he's now lost, his steroid-enlarged heart finally killed him.