Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Do the horses have like anti-grav tech?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

redshirt posted:

Do the horses have like anti-grav tech?

What? Its Water polo there are no horses involved in water polo.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Not without Scuba gear.

EDIT: Aww Tom and B'lanna just got married! :love:

EDIT: The episode title is "Course: Oblivion" eh? :thunk:

EDIT: Well that episode sure took a strange turn. :stare:

Outpost22 fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 26, 2024

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Hollismason posted:

What? Its Water polo there are no horses involved in water polo.

well then try and stop me

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Outpost22 posted:

Not without Scuba gear.

EDIT: Aww Tom and B'lanna just got married! :love:

EDIT: The episode title is "Course: Oblivion" eh? :thunk:

I love the fakeout before actually finally committing to it for real a few episodes later.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I like the rocked-up version of the ENT theme

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Watching the ENT mirror episode when it first aired and realizing they updated the intro with the alternate history footage was pretty neat.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Laterite posted:

I like the rocked-up version of the ENT theme

both that and "Archer's Theme" over the end credits sound like the intro to an exceptionally lame early 80's sitcom about white people living together in an apartment complex

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tighclops posted:

both that and "Archer's Theme" over the end credits sound like the intro to an exceptionally lame early 80's sitcom about white people living together in an apartment complex

Nah, Archer's theme has that right amount of butt rock to it for the main theme of a lovely 80s fighter jet-centric movie that was an also-ran to Top Gun. Especially when the guitar kicks in 2/3rs of the way through the song.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Faith of the Heart is great.

I like to imagine Rick Berman himself went to see the movie Patch Adams, heard Rod Stewart belting out this corpo-produced schmaltz, and said "YES! This makes me think of space exploration! Get me quantum leap on the phone."

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

skooma512 posted:

There were so many ENT callbacks in that episode it feels like they had to catch up to a quota because nobody otherwise gives a poo poo about ENT. Discovery used most of their callbacks for Voyager and Nog.

It's the only thing they could have referenced. No one wants to remember DISCO exists and that's the only other series that happened before SNW.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

O'Brien was the original carnie who tells you "wait a minute guys, I forgot something" before hitting the switch that drops you.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://youtu.be/xoLNyNMgBYI?si=bDTX8qD4Gvf82qg_

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Nigmaetcetera posted:

What union is he a member of? They must be a pretty lovely union because I'm pretty sure nobody in starfleet gets paid.

carnie union, obviously

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgPy2kU9nEk

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

These aliens in Armageddon Game are loving morons.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I didn’t like enterprise at that time because Archer reminded me of George W. Bush.

Although it's Trip that looked and sounded like George W Bush.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I would kill to see that hockey game.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lower Decks is about the closest thing to "TNG, but the show is the cast goofing off in all the outtakes", a show that I've wanted since first learning what absolute hilarious dorks everyone on the set was.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Nah, Archer's theme has that right amount of butt rock to it for the main theme of a lovely 80s fighter jet-centric movie that was an also-ran to Top Gun. Especially when the guitar kicks in 2/3rs of the way through the song.

no way, the energy just isn't there. It sounds the dad from Family Ties is gonna walk out from behind the couch to dispense some platitudes

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tighclops posted:

no way, the energy just isn't there. It sounds the dad from Family Ties is gonna walk out from behind the couch to dispense some platitudes

We shall agree to disagree on what lovely 80s off-brand property it is the theme song to then, my friend.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I like Sisko in this scene, he's like an angry dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAIwqjN-0uw

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I like Sisko in this scene, he's like an angry dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAIwqjN-0uw

haha yes I love that part, very earned after all the leeway you do see him give to Quark. He's finally so angry for real and not loving about any more.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Outpost22 posted:

I liked the pretty Vulcan lady.

One of the prettiest in the history of the franchise

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

having to fix a cardassian space station definitely made him hate cardassians, though.

Fixing this house I bought in Tennessee has done nothing but fuel my hate of white Southerners.

Look at me, I'm the Potatos O'Brien now.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Parisi Squares came up a few times in TNG as being pretty popular but obviously they never explained it to avoid having to actually invent a plausible new sport.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The only sport of the future I care about.

You should try it, it's fun!

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Janeway and 7 play a phaser disk shooting game with points and wins losses. Don't know if that counts as a sport or not.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Janeway probably replicated a snub nose .38 and has the ensigns play Russian roulette when she's bored.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Janeway and 7 play a phaser disk shooting game with points and wins losses. Don't know if that counts as a sport or not.

There was a TNG where Guinan clowns... I think it was Worf at space skeet shooting

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’m 100% convinced that 3D chess exists so the actors can just make whatever moves they want and the audience can’t tell if what they’re doing is right or not.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

There was a TNG where Guinan clowns... I think it was Worf at space skeet shooting

No, just regular phaser shooting. Skeet would require a phaser shotgun.

Mylan posted:

Parisi Squares came up a few times in TNG as being pretty popular but obviously they never explained it to avoid having to actually invent a plausible new sport.

Riker and his dad play Parisi Squares on screen

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER

Hollismason posted:

I just thought it was really loving weird that Archer was really loving into water polo. Like what the gently caress.

archer is a big watersports guy

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

mailorder bees posted:

archer is a big watersports guy

Still less weird than baseball.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

CainFortea posted:

The only thing Parrises squares and Anbo-jyutsu have in common is that you wear silly-looking getups for both.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

CainFortea posted:

That was Anbo-jyutsu unless there's another episode with Kyle.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

That was Anbo-jyutsu unless there's another episode with Kyle.

Oh poo poo, my memory failed me!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mylan posted:

I feel like they were calvinballing it sometimes with silly vague references to what happens in it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CainFortea posted:

No, just regular phaser shooting. Skeet would require a phaser shotgun.

Yeah isn't Parisi Squares just like American Gladiators Rugby poo poo? That's why Harry's always dislocating a shoulder or collapsing an entire arm playing it because he makes an interception and then gets tackled off a 20 foot drop by Nitro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's harry. that would happen to him while playing a board game.