Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

3 DONG HORSE posted:

:laffo: at what he's watching
Is that swap.avi? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

bobjr posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1750669926816182408?t=IX7c6LQV83DXI2aUKgApsQ&s=19

I know collectable popcorn things from movies are a thing now but this is a weird one.

If that wasn't intended to be a sex toy, it turned into one on the first day they were available

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
It tested better than the gom jabbar bucket

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Dango Bango posted:

Quiet Feet - did you actually tell your SIL you didn't like guac/avocado after multiple tries in the past?

Yes and she just would not drop it.

We get along nowadays but it was just such a weird point of contention between us for a while.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
My mother is like that, and then she gets personally offended if you don't try it even if it is something she didn't make. Like, mom, I'm not insulting you by not wanting to try the onion appetizer you got at this resteraunt.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
For me what gets folks is that I don't like corn and I don't like the vast majority of fish with fins. For whatever reason those two things are the food issue that makes people go out of their way to try and make me eat them.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kinda been craving fish n chips and I like making corn ribs and elotte soup. But my old man hates corn, so I get it.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I got to drat high now I’m eating a bowl of croutons with ranch and light Caesar dressing

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

I got to drat high now I’m eating a bowl of croutons with ranch and light Caesar dressing

I did the same after a work out and coming home from an aus day celebration so now I'm scrolling uber eats and letting my war between fatty and healthy wage their eternal struggle.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Its Rinaldo posted:

My mother is like that, and then she gets personally offended if you don't try it even if it is something she didn't make. Like, mom, I'm not insulting you by not wanting to try the onion appetizer you got at this resteraunt.

If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that people take other people's food preferences waaaaaaay too seriously

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I watched The Zone of Interest at the Hollywood Theater tonight.

That was… something. :catstare:

Halfway thru it I started imagining Jerry Lewis' unreleased 1972 film The Day The Clown Cried happening on the other side of the wall.

The "climax" of the movie is incredibly jarring.

I may need to watch it again after I've had time to process it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Speaking of movies getting hype. I watched Divinity the other day because it had good reviews about it being some arthouse 70s style sci fi slasher type flick and it was like a highschool kids art project. Few pretty ladies got naked, there was some weird dream sequences and I was so bored by the third act I kept checking the ticker to see how long it had left.

I don't mind some experimental movies, but man... some people need to learn their job is to entertain before anything else.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

For me what gets folks is that I don't like corn

I am something of a racoon at heart so I'll eat whatever, but I love corn in all forms. If I were born in a different time and place I would have been happy eating but definitely would have died from pellagra.

But from trying stuff out I'll say, hey, maybe you might like this. And if you don't, that's just more for me. I'm not over here forcing anything on anyone.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The best way to have corn is popped corn, bread, or chip form. Otherwise corn on the cob and junk like that I personally find unpleasant to eat.

Unless it comes out of a crawfish or shrimp boil pot of course.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

The best way to have corn is popped corn, bread, or chip form. Otherwise corn on the cob and junk like that I personally find unpleasant to eat.

Unless it comes out of a crawfish or shrimp boil pot of course.

Try elote soup. It's God tier.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1750877366509883464

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Y'know what, fair

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bulbasaur clears the entire game Stephen A knows as much about Pokemon as he does the NFL

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Yes and she just would not drop it.

We get along nowadays but it was just such a weird point of contention between us for a while.

People who love guac and avocado are loving nuts about it. I had a friend that spent half the day making the "right guac" because he was convinced I'd just eaten the bad version. This friend is a very successful chef so a lot went into it.

One bite and it was nope immediately and he was flabbergasted. Like, I'm sorry, the best guac in the world still tastes like warm snot to me if you have a sinus infection. Disgusting.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Avocado and guacamole loving rule but there’s no reason to be weird about other people’s preferences.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

the only hill i'll truly die on is Spam is Good. Nah, it's GREAT. I will eat it at all hours of the day.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

the only hill i'll truly die on is Spam is Good. Nah, it's GREAT. I will eat it at all hours of the day.

I’m making spam musubi for lunch today

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Hell yeah spam musabi, spam fried rice, and spamwiches rock

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Good in breakfast burritos too.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

classic fried spam with garlic fried rice and runny fried eggs. a champion's breakfast.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

classic fried spam with garlic fried rice and runny fried eggs. a champion's breakfast.

Oh poo poo I might change my lunch plans

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sorry to change the subject but the trailer I (my team and I) have been working on just dropped and I'm proud of this one. The trailer and movie rule. I posted this just now in the trailer thread but want to share it here too.

If you like John Wick, Nobody, The Raid, that kind of poo poo but want a socio-economic subtext involving the caste system this poo poo is for you. Dev Patel's directorial debut and this is probably the beginning of a tentpole franchise. He's going to be a thing.

https://twitter.com/monkeymanmovie/status/1750910440761389088

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm curious how much time and work goes into a trailer. I'd imagine you guys have to watch the movie a bunch then a bunch of people telling you what to include and not give away too much of the movie yet enough to hook viewers. Seems like it would be a much harder job than what you'd think.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

kiimo posted:

Sorry to change the subject but the trailer I (my team and I) have been working on just dropped and I'm proud of this one. The trailer and movie rule. I posted this just now in the trailer thread but want to share it here too.

If you like John Wick, Nobody, The Raid, that kind of poo poo but want a socio-economic subtext involving the caste system this poo poo is for you. Dev Patel's directorial debut and this is probably the beginning of a tentpole franchise. He's going to be a thing.

This looks awesome

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

This looks awesome

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

kiimo posted:

Oh yeah I'll see this. This looks dope.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This looks awesome x3

Trailer has me hyped for the movie and I'm not even much of a movie watcher.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

lol jumping out the window but the window doesn’t break or budge

That looks like a good movie

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah he wanted to save that for the film but you have to show people he isn't some kind of unbeatable super hero.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

kiimo posted:

Hell, I’m in, looks rad. Dev Patel as an action guy is really not something I foresaw

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He got pretty ripped for this

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

Cool! How often do you see a movie before it’s finalized?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've seen this one twice but Jordan Peele and his team are editing a new version that just finished that changes the order of a few things around and I haven't seen that version yet because he just finished.

FYI Netflix was the studio that created this and when they saw the first editor's assembly they went oh poo poo we are heavily invested in India and they are not going to like this so we took it off their hands for pennies and I think it's going to make a killing. It's still up in the air whether it will even show in India which is how you know it's an effective film.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

kiimo posted:

I've seen this one twice but Jordan Peele and his team are editing a new version that just finished that changes the order of a few things around and I haven't seen that version yet because he just finished.

FYI Netflix was the studio that created this and when they saw the first editor's assembly they went oh poo poo we are heavily invested in India and they are not going to like this so we took it off their hands for pennies and I think it's going to make a killing. It's still up in the air whether it will even show in India which is how you know it's an effective film.

Can you expand on why India won't like the movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Dango Bango posted:

Can you expand on why India won't like the movie?

My guess is the upper caste are not fans of any slander coming their way.

Has also been a problem in US tech companies when lower caste employees want to talk about it and upper cast employees freak.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-an...own%20behavior.