Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Freaquency posted:

1. As always, gently caress Colin Cowherd with a rusty trowel

2. wtf, when did LeBatard get so old!?

He's 55

ESPN aged him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Snow crab still the best.

Two pounds of it and lots of sake.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

bows1 posted:

Whoa where did you have the hairy crab, I've never heard of that. Crab is my favorite.

What about hairy clams?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Fat Jesus posted:

Lol that gambling story. You have to be 21 to do anything in the US? But not like i gamble. You know how you all hate those State farm commercials? In Aus version of ESPN / 2 you see the split second of them before they switch to an Aus gambling ad, which features billionaire basketball man Shaq O'Neill. Don't ask me why. They play them dumb ads over and over to the point I loving hate him more than anyone on TV

We have Kevin Hart instead

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

He's 55

ESPN aged him.

The stuff with his brother probably didn't help either

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

shaq has nowhere near a billion dollars, not even in dollarydoos

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Ghost Dog posted:

shaq has nowhere near a billion dollars, not even in dollarydoos

I assumed some basketball great who played for years would be worth something? Maybe he's gambled it all away and is reduced to making poo poo ads for a poo poo product in a far off land.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a billion is many dollars

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Fat Jesus posted:

I assumed some basketball great who played for years would be worth something? Maybe he's gambled it all away and is reduced to making poo poo ads for a poo poo product in a far off land.

He’s exceedingly wealthy, just not a billionaire.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I was thinking it's a 100m not 1000m. Anyway look up points bet on youtube if you must witness the ads he makes for us.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he does ads over here with a cartoon general to sell insurance. the big aristotle has his hands in many jars

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ghost Dog posted:

he does ads over here with a cartoon general to sell insurance. the big aristotle has his hands in many jars

That’s how he’s a billionaire, the generals pockets are very deep

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Incredible

https://twitter.com/ProFootballHOF/status/1750656063756497373?t=mPtjnbIccPFtGxd88P7AJQ&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

modern gloves are 79% as good as a very large amount of stickum

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

Lmao I forgot about The General

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
for a great low rate you can get online talk to the General and save some time (??)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Victorious Radia posted:

for a great low rate you can get online talk to the General and save some time (??)

I reject this heresy.

"For the best car insurance rates in town, call 1-800-GENERAL now" is and forever shall be the Pure Canon.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Shaq isn’t Jordan but he’s likely halfway to a billion

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Google says Shaq is worth $400mil

Michael Jordan is worth $3bil lol

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

See that's how you cheat, openly and without a single gently caress given to who knows, unlike those cheating Patriots with their cowardly attempts to hide it

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Think Jordan and Lebron are the only basketball players (American athletes? in a non-soccer way) to clear the billion mark. You need insane shoe deals, not talking on tv about gambling or basketball

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah look at the money Kanye lost when adidas dropped him. That’s how you get that billion

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Gonna poo poo post my way to $1 billion.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah I think both LeBron and Jordan have lifetime deals with NIke which involved stock.

Shaq made hundreds of millions when amazon bought Ring because he was an early investor. He also went and got his MBA iirc when he retired and his networth increased dramatically. I have a lot of respect for his business acumen after listening to him do a few long form interviews on how he grew his wealth after his playing days.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I think both LeBron and Jordan have lifetime deals with NIke which involved stock.

Shaq made hundreds of millions when amazon bought Ring because he was an early investor. He also went and got his MBA iirc when he retired and his networth increased dramatically. I have a lot of respect for his business acumen after listening to him do a few long form interviews on how he grew his wealth after his playing days.

He got his MBA from the University of Phoenix.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He got his MBA from Phoenix University.

and then turned a fortune of about a hundred million into somewhere between 4 and 5.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Where did you get yours?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

No Butt Stuff posted:

Where did you get yours?

A Cracker Jack box (is that still a thing?)

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

doing big business, my main plan is to already be wealthy and famous

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

They’re going to teach you the same hackneyed bullshit there and at Wharton, so smart of him to not pay for the name.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

Gonna poo poo post my way to $1 billion.

This post brought to you by Miralax.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

In Sapporo, at a downtown crab restaurant with a giant animatronic crab on the front.

This place:

That's a great place to farm experience points in one of the Yakuza games.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

BlindSite posted:

He’s got a great way of doing things - I’ve been luckily enough to see two of his businesses come through - but he’s VERY much a “pay me 1000 a week in perpetuity” kinda guy moreso than a lump sum so I can see his main number being low but his earnings annually will be high as hell

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Fat Jesus posted:

Lol that gambling story. You have to be 21 to do anything in the US? But not like i gamble. You know how you all hate those State farm commercials? In Aus version of ESPN / 2 you see the split second of them before they switch to an Aus gambling ad, which features billionaire basketball man Shaq O'Neill. Don't ask me why. They play them dumb ads over and over to the point I loving hate him more than anyone on TV

for a rabidly capitalist country the USA sure loves State Farm

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i think im gonna do fried chicken on sunday. wings and drumsticks (objectively the best parts of a chicken) and i think i'll kinda do a reverse sear sort of thing. dry brine or marinade the night before and get them low and slow in the oven (the fan on my masterbuilt smoker is a piece of poo poo right now) and when it looks like the skin is pretty rendered, i'll bread em in flour + corn starch and fry them in a wok. then empty the wok and do szechuan peppers, scallions, chilies and pass the chicken through again. need to decide if i'm doing onion rings or fries with them, or both

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

oh gently caress this isn't the lego thread

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Borsche69 posted:

i think im gonna do fried chicken on sunday. wings and drumsticks (objectively the best parts of a chicken) and i think i'll kinda do a reverse sear sort of thing. dry brine or marinade the night before and get them low and slow in the oven (the fan on my masterbuilt smoker is a piece of poo poo right now) and when it looks like the skin is pretty rendered, i'll bread em in flour + corn starch and fry them in a wok. then empty the wok and do szechuan peppers, scallions, chilies and pass the chicken through again. need to decide if i'm doing onion rings or fries with them, or both

bring it to the chat thread

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

3 DONG HORSE posted:

bring it to the chat thread

there's a chat thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i'll be damned