Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

delightful posted:

WWE is not Vince McMahon, Vince McMahon is not WWE

Are you for real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

delightful posted:

WWE is not Vince McMahon, Vince McMahon is not WWE. That's as succinct as I can make my point - the collateral damage for everyone not involved in this scandal is unfortunate. Maybe I'm wrong and there is a fed who will rise from the ashes of this, but does that seem likely to anyone else? Doesn't seem likely it to me.

i sincerely do not care if the accountant at wwe has to apply to accountant jobs at ups

this company lays off 20% of the office staff every time they make record profits, i think the hazards/risks of working there are fairly clear at this point

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Laurinaitis comes off almost as bad as Vince does

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Don’t worry, you can still watch the Royal Rumble on Saturday.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Think I'm going to turn up in the WWE thread where I have never posted before and Just Ask a few Questions.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i sincerely do not care if the accountant at wwe has to apply to accountant jobs at ups

this company lays off 20% of the office staff every time they make record profits, i think the hazards/risks of working there are fairly clear at this point

I'm not thinking of the back office people, I'm more thinking of lower card talent.

Can Gunther, Roman, Logan Paul, and Rhea Ripley find employment elsewhere? There is no doubt at all that they can. But WWE employs mid-to-lower card people like:

Ilja Dragunov
Lyra Valkyria
Oba Femi
AJ Styles
Akira Tozama
Akam
CM Punk
Apollo Crews
Asuka
Austin Theory
Bianca Belair

That may have more difficult times finding a place to land elsewhere?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's time to let go

I can't even pretend to like Slapjack anymore

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I'm still wondering how someone can post "WWE is not Vince McMahon, Vince McMahon is not WWE" without either being a troll, or someone who literally only started watching WWE after the sale to Endeavor
E:

delightful posted:

I'm not thinking of the back office people, I'm more thinking of lower card talent.

Were you this concerned about lower card talent when they had a shitload of layoffs during the last couple of years, when they were recording major profits?

Also, still not seeing how that's that any argument against "don't support WWE, it's a company run by soulless rapists"

Serious question, what does Vince have to do to finally get you to say "gently caress WWE"?

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jan 26, 2024

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

Lamuella posted:

Think I'm going to turn up in the WWE thread where I have never posted before and Just Ask a few Questions.

Should have lurked longer I guess

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, that’s the problem.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

love how this of all moments was finally the moment for several fed fans to crawl out of the wood work and come charging to WWE “the company’s” rescue

are you seth freakin kidding me

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

delightful posted:

Should have lurked longer I guess

If it helps this was a pretty well executed troll and you got a lot of people. Including AJ Styles in the list of people who will find it hard to find work was a nice touch.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm still wondering how someone can post "WWE is not Vince McMahon, Vince McMahon is not WWE" without either being a troll, or someone who literally only started watching WWE after the sale to Endeavor

gently caress I became the main character of a thread, not my intention. I'm old as poo poo and have watched WWE/WWF since the early 90's. Hogan and Macho Man were the first first wrestlers I was a mark for. I stopped watching wrestling religiously around 2004, but watched occasionally and attended house shows when they were in my area. I'm not as attuned to the ins and outs of the wrestling business as some of you are, but I'm not sure how "I hope innocent people don't suffer" is a controversial take.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Lamuella posted:

If it helps this was a pretty well executed troll and you got a lot of people. Including AJ Styles in the list of people who will find it hard to find work was a nice touch.

Excuse me, I think you will find they were not trolling at all, and are genuinely concerned about these people and their welfare :colbert:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

delightful posted:

Can Gunther, Roman, Logan Paul, and Rhea Ripley find employment elsewhere? There is no doubt at all that they can. But WWE employs mid-to-lower card people like:

Ilja Dragunov
Lyra Valkyria
Oba Femi
AJ Styles
Akira Tozama
Akam
CM Punk
Apollo Crews
Asuka
Austin Theory
Bianca Belair

who cares

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Sorry guys, but your favourite WWE wrestler* likely knew about this or even saw the pictures and videos and said nothing, so gently caress them and gently caress you if you still choose to watch WWE

*lol at anyone who actually has a favourite wrestler but also this probably applies to a lot of AEW guys and some TNA guys too, gently caress Wrestling in general is what I guess i'm saying

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Look, I’m just too old to figure out how to stop watching when it turns out my favorite show is run by rapists.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

delightful posted:

gently caress I became the main character of a thread, not my intention. I'm old as poo poo and have watched WWE/WWF since the early 90's. Hogan and Macho Man were the first first wrestlers I was a mark for. I stopped watching wrestling religiously around 2004, but watched occasionally and attended house shows when they were in my area. I'm not as attuned to the ins and outs of the wrestling business as some of you are, but I'm not sure how "I hope innocent people don't suffer" is a controversial take.

I'm old as poo poo too, and have watched wrestling on and off since the 1980s, and my question still stands: what does Vince have to do to finally get you to stop supporting WWE?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

delightful posted:

Ilja Dragunov
Lyra Valkyria
Oba Femi
AJ Styles
Akira Tozama
Akam
CM Punk
Apollo Crews
Asuka
Austin Theory
Bianca Belair

Almost every name on this list is someone that could get signed elsewhere by the end of the week if the WWE shut down right now.

I know this is probably a bait post, but c'mon, try harder.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
I'm going to have to rethink my position if CM Punk can't pay his mortgage. :smith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dell_Zincht posted:

Sorry guys, but your favourite WWE wrestler* likely knew about this or even saw the pictures and videos and said nothing, so gently caress them and gently caress you if you still choose to watch WWE

*lol at anyone who actually has a favourite wrestler but also this probably applies to a lot of AEW guys and some TNA guys too, gently caress Wrestling in general is what I guess i'm saying

:thanks:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

delightful posted:

Ilja Dragunov
Lyra Valkyria
Oba Femi
AJ Styles
Akira Tozama
Akam
CM Punk
Apollo Crews
Asuka
Austin Theory
Bianca Belair

the nwa could always use more people to do the job to ec3, brother

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Goblin Queen posted:

I'm going to have to rethink my position if CM Punk can't pay his mortgage. :smith:

Punk pulling his last can of tuna from the cabinet in his extended stay, trying to decide if he or Larry gets to eat today.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
DPW about to feast on all this new talent hitting the market

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

delightful posted:

WWE is not Vince McMahon, Vince McMahon is not WWE. That's as succinct as I can make my point - the collateral damage for everyone not involved in this scandal is unfortunate. Maybe I'm wrong and there is a fed who will rise from the ashes of this, but does that seem likely to anyone else? Doesn't seem likely it to me.

Edit: Sorry, I should say Vince SHOULDN'T be WWE and vice versa, I know the reality is he, like Dana White has made their company more about tthem than the talent.

Lol dude coming in with the Fourteen Points to Save the Fed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

delightful posted:

Ilja Dragunov
Lyra Valkyria
Oba Femi
AJ Styles
Akira Tozama
Akam
CM Punk
Apollo Crews
Asuka
Austin Theory
Bianca Belair

bitch are you forreal

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Dirty Dom to reboot Lucha Underground

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

This is the problem though isn't it? The innocent are ever the shield of the guilty.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm old as poo poo too, and have watched wrestling on and off since the 1980s, and my question still stands: what does Vince have to do to finally get you to stop supporting WWE?

I'm litigating my stupid opinion way too much as it is, but my opinion boils down to "Is everyone guilty because Vince is?". So let's talk about THAT specific point because that's where I think a lot of your opinions are coming from. What percentage of WWE employees do you think were accomplices/complicit/in-the-know-but-didn't-say-anything. If you believe EVERYONE in the company turned a blind eye, then I will change my opinion 100% and say burn the whole loving company down. Someone earlier in this thread said I am naive, I'm willing to admit that's the case. I *want* to believe that the majority of people working for WWE weren't involved. If I'm wrong I'm willing to accept that.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

He's just really ethically worried about the cameramen they hire out of union to exploit

"you should have known" i say as i haul the guillotine out of my rav4 while the 22y/o pa four months out of full sail sobs in front of me "your sins cannot be forgiven"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Maybe you should sit down for WWE.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Probably close this thread wow

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

"you should have known" i say as i haul the guillotine out of my rav4 while the 22y/o pa four months out of full sail sobs in front of me "your sins cannot be forgiven"

Give it a loving rest

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

delightful posted:

I'm litigating my stupid opinion way too much as it is, but my opinion boils down to "Is everyone guilty because Vince is?". So let's talk about THAT specific point because that's where I think a lot of your opinions are coming from. What percentage of WWE employees do you think were accomplices/complicit/in-the-know-but-didn't-say-anything. If you believe EVERYONE in the company turned a blind eye, then I will change my opinion 100% and say burn the whole loving company down. Someone earlier in this thread said I am naive, I'm willing to admit that's the case. I *want* to believe that the majority of people working for WWE weren't involved. If I'm wrong I'm willing to accept that.

The Workers really could have used your advocacy one of the 18 times there were mass firings since the pandemic while the company was making record profits but i am glad today was when you decided to Show Up for them

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

delightful posted:

So what you're basically saying is "no, there is nothing Vince could do that would get me to stop supporting the company"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

delightful posted:

Ilja Dragunov
Lyra Valkyria
Oba Femi
AJ Styles
Akira Tozama
Akam
CM Punk
Apollo Crews
Asuka
Austin Theory
Bianca Belair

Listing the nazi named guys up front, then going alphabetically and getting bored the second i hit B

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

Listing the nazi named guys up front, then going alphabetically and getting bored the second i hit B

lol

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Give it a loving rest

C. Everett Poop, more like

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
somberly handing the nuclear football to joe biden and telling him that the pilots will have the performance center in their sights in the next five minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The gently caress you talking about man