Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

lol the url frame thinger is blocking the best part

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Homeless Friend posted:

hehehe

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

average kulak

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Homeless Friend posted:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Homeless Friend posted:

lol.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

one thing has been puzzling me. how did stalin remain so svelte after eating all that grain?

I've been eating a liitle more grain than I usually do and I'm getting really fat, even by american standards. I can't imagine how fat I'd be if I ate all the grain in the ukraine

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The Voice of Labor posted:

one thing has been puzzling me. how did stalin remain so svelte after eating all that grain?

I've been eating a liitle more grain than I usually do and I'm getting really fat, even by american standards. I can't imagine how fat I'd be if I ate all the grain in the ukraine

Takes a lot of calories to be a strong arm dictator.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Homeless Friend posted:

omg lol

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

The Voice of Labor posted:

I suspect I know more about the Shoah than most people, including you. Your casual use of 'Nazi collaborator', for example, is a based the fact he edited a paper that published articles approved by the Nazi administration. By that light, you could label anyone acting in any role that required them to co-operate with the Nazis as a 'collaborator'. All the way up to Adam Czerniakow.

The origins of the press has no bearing on the editor's beliefs unless you can show he was involved in obtaining it - so why mention it apart from trying to somehow tie his fate to the editors? Are you claiming that somehow Freeland's grandfather had anything to do with the seizure of the press and sending it's owner to a camp? Surely not. So why harp on it? It's irrelevant.

If you'd like to discuss the pathological anti-Semitism of 1930's Poland and Ukraine, that's a different subject for a different thread.

Likewise having an SS recruiting poster in your paper - anyone thinking that any editor would refuse that ad in wartime Krakow is crazy. People did far worse to stay alive and feed their families.

Again, enough with the raving about all this unsubstantiated or irrelevant (the press) statements. Agree that using her grandfather was questionable and she should probably stop doing it.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

hamas ftw posted:

I suspect I know more about the Shoah than most people, including you. Your casual use of 'Nazi collaborator', for example, is a based the fact he edited a paper that published articles approved by the Nazi administration. By that light, you could label anyone acting in any role that required them to co-operate with the Nazis as a 'collaborator'. All the way up to Adam Czerniakow.

The origins of the press has no bearing on the editor's beliefs unless you can show he was involved in obtaining it - so why mention it apart from trying to somehow tie his fate to the editors? Are you claiming that somehow Freeland's grandfather had anything to do with the seizure of the press and sending it's owner to a camp? Surely not. So why harp on it? It's irrelevant.

If you'd like to discuss the pathological anti-Semitism of 1930's Poland and Ukraine, that's a different subject for a different thread.

Likewise having an SS recruiting poster in your paper - anyone thinking that any editor would refuse that ad in wartime Krakow is crazy. People did far worse to stay alive and feed their families.

Again, enough with the raving about all this unsubstantiated or irrelevant (the press) statements. Agree that using her grandfather was questionable and she should probably stop doing it.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

hamas ftw posted:

:same:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the hodlomor and it's bitcoin making idiot nerds poor

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

hamas ftw posted:

I suspect I know more about the Holodomor than most people, including you. Your casual use of 'Soviet collaborator', for example, is a based the fact he edited a paper that published articles approved by the Soviet administration. By that light, you could label anyone acting in any role that required them to co-operate with the Soviets as a 'collaborator'. All the way up to Adolf Hitler.

The origins of the press has no bearing on the editor's beliefs unless you can show he was involved in obtaining it - so why mention it apart from trying to somehow tie his fate to the editors? Are you claiming that somehow Petrovsky's grandfather had anything to do with the seizure of the press and sending it's owner to a camp? Surely not. So why harp on it? It's irrelevant.

If you'd like to discuss the pathological anti-Capitalism of 1930's Russia and Ukraine, that's a different subject for a different thread.

Likewise having an KGB recruiting poster in your paper - anyone thinking that any editor would refuse that ad in wartime Kiev is crazy. People did far worse to stay alive and feed their families.

Ftfy

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

hamas ftw posted:

god drat I love this website

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
well, if you’re going to call anyone who collaborated with the nazis a ‘nazi collaborator’ I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

its perfect

Cindy the SKULL
Nov 27, 2023

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 years!)

holodomore

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
nature abhors a dome

Weka
May 5, 2019

How hard is it to make a minecraft? I have an idea

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The palworldomor

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

The palworldomor

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
holly domer

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

should have been from holland MI instead of up in traverse city

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Cindy the SKULL
Nov 27, 2023

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lmfao

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Yup

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Who would have believed it!/ we are told that new Stalins/at the foot of every silo/ as though irritated with grain itself,/ fired at the sheafs/ in order to cause the holodomor.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006