Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

El Burbo posted:

His shirt is doing that thing where the button can barely contain his boobs

I might cosplay him, in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Not expecting a definitive answer this early out, but would I be better off going for Aventurine or Fu, given that the sustain role I'm looking to fill is for a Clara/Topaz/Probably Ratio team, and my Kafka team is already pretty set with Huohuo?

edit: not that it matters, i probably won't be able to get either after black swan, but still

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
If Epiphany makes Sacrament count as a bunch of debuffs, I might pick her up. She'd be hilarious for Ratio.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tree Reformat posted:

Not expecting a definitive answer this early out, but would I be better off going for Aventurine or Fu, given that the sustain role I'm looking to fill is for a Clara/Topaz/Probably Ratio team, and my Kafka team is already pretty set with Huohuo?

edit: not that it matters, i probably won't be able to get either after black swan, but still

Lynx to draw aggro to Clara.

Adventurine would probably be better because he has a follow-up in his current kit that Fu lacks. But unless your Topaz is e1s1, you'll always be gambling on Ratio's follow-ups.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I feel like that question is largely dependent on "what is your team lacking" and "are you willing to kick Clara out and make Ratio the actual carry in that team and slot a proper support in or not".

E: Also harder to say with Aventurine's kit being so nebulous. I'd probably err on the side of Fu Xuan because she gives so much more in terms of gear allowance - 12% crit chance is what, like four substat rolls? five? - but that's strictly from a "try to maximize this team's damage potential" perspective between the two options.

(The actual answer is Huohuo if you listen to most theorycrafters, to ensure 3T ult rotations on Ratio.)

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 26, 2024

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kyrosiris posted:

I feel like that question is largely dependent on "what is your team lacking" and "are you willing to kick Clara out and make Ratio the actual carry in that team and slot a proper support in or not".

I've learned the importance of being flexible with team comps in endgame content.

Maybe this stage needs Clara blasting away at phys-weak mobs, but this one needs Ratio throwing chalk at Imaginary weak bugs!

The actual problem I'm trying to solve with "Aventurine or Fu" is Lynx/March not consistently being able to solo sustain for the FUA team.

And again, Huohuo and Ruan Mei are usually glued to the Kafka team.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Tree Reformat posted:

The actual problem I'm trying to solve with "Aventurine or Fu" is Lynx/March not consistently being able to solo sustain for the FUA team.

Then I can say conclusively that Fu Xuan can, with the caveat that mine's E0S1. I don't know if you have Gepard or not, but my comps of Kafka/Sampo/Ruan Mei/Gepard and Ratio/Silver Wolf/Tingyun/Fu Xuan got 36/36 on the previous MoC without issue. It's hard to say whether Aventurine can because we don't have any of his numbers or anything.

I can say I'd rather have Fu Xuan looking at them in a vacuum because unless Aventurine's shields are like... Gepard-sized shields, he's going to be SP-hungrier than Fu Xuan and in a two-DPS team (or, god forbid, a three-DPS team), I sure a poo poo do not want an SP-hungry sustain.

E: I also feel like chasing elements is kinda overrated if your carry is geared enough; the math on a E0S1 Topaz and E0S1 Ratio together shows them capable of putting out like 600k damage together with the sequence of Ratio Ult -> Numby -> Ratio Talent -> Ratio Skill -> Ratio Talent -> Numby -> Ratio Talent. That kills literally anything not named "MOC 12 Kafka" (she has 640k HP).

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 26, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It's time to twirl

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

if you squint she's kind of cute?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

they need to make the next abundance 5* like busted.

I haven't used an abundance in forever, I'm just fine with Gepard and Fu Xuan as my only protection in MoC where I need two teams, everything else I just use the one Preservation

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Luocha is kind of busted? Huo Huo is pretty good, too.

I haven't paid any attention to leaks past 1.2. Do we know who the next Abundance is?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Bad Video Games posted:

I haven't paid any attention to leaks past 1.2. Do we know who the next Abundance is?

no 5* abundance currently leaked

maybe Sunday? We dont know his path yet. Robin isn't 100% guaranteed to be Harmony either.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Bad Video Games posted:

Probably trailblazer :D

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Abundanceblazer healing people with trash bags

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

This is Honkai 3rd but wow Fu Hua keeps killing

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tomorrow starts double cavern rewards. Enjoy getting twice as much trash.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

for the first time, i don't need any relics though

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Bad Video Games posted:

I will relish it. My team is largely equipped with garbage so this will be welcome.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

That's fine, I mostly want a big pile of relic exp ready for when the next relic set comes out.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

GateOfD posted:

for the first time, i don't need any relics though

Then it’s time to start thinking about your niche 3rd team that fills in the gaps your two teams lack in future MoC/PF/SU things.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The current MoC 12 is kicking my rear end. My best is 12 cycles, with Quinque and Topaz on the first half and Ratio/Bronya/Clara on the second.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

GateOfD posted:

they need to make the next abundance 5* like busted.

I haven't used an abundance in forever, I'm just fine with Gepard and Fu Xuan as my only protection in MoC where I need two teams, everything else I just use the one Preservation

Both 5* Abundance are incredibly good. Better than Gepard even.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Eej posted:

Both 5* Abundance are incredibly good. Better than Gepard even.

"Both"? drat, the Bailu erasure is real.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I briefly considered going back and editing "limited" right after I hit post but then I was like... nah

Meowywitch posted:

This is Honkai 3rd but wow Fu Hua keeps killing

Yeah her ult animation is crazy. It drains her HP down to 1 and boosts damage based on how much HP was removed. The HP bar draining speed is synced to the animation so when her life force is almost fully emptied out the lights go out then she lights up her fist and does a Saitama Serious Punch for All The Damage

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
that's very cool and good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i feel like mihoyo has released 5 separate takes on what they were trying to do with dehya since dehya released

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

2.0 Livestream codes. Valid for less than a day, redeem fast.

TT9S28LK4QHP
https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift?code=TT9S28LK4QHP

EA8BKR4JL93T
https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift?code=EA8BKR4JL93T

LTQA2Q5249KF
https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift?code=LTQA2Q5249KF

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jan 26, 2024

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

DHIL / Jing Yuan reruns confirmed for 2.0

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Story coordinator who also works on HI3:

This chapter has a very chill and uplifting story set in a world of dreams and nothing bad is going to happen. The whole story goal is to enjoy your vacation. The Stellaron Hunters are also just here on vacation.

Da Wei: "I don't believe you."

Also, a world contained almost entirely in dreams sounds a lot like Project Stigma and the theories that Teyvat is the result of something similar. :tinfoil:

(I'm still not convinced that what Project Stigma turned out to be was planned ahead enough for that, but still, :tinfoil: )

Edit:
Also holy gently caress the dreamscape areas look cool as hell and are very much my jam. I love it when Hoyo goes really out there, and hadn't realized how much I was generally missing that in Star Rail.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jan 26, 2024

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I loved the livestream, completely deranged. The new relic QOL looks great but I’m definitely most hype for 20!! Tickets and the gigantic looking exploration zones. And the weirdness. T-rex in a chef hat is ideal boss material imo

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I only caught the tail end of the livestream, but the story mapping system looked great. Also a Star Rail concert? Yes please.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm genuinely so excited for Penacony

e: Btw here's the 4-star lineup:

Black Swan: Misha, Tingyun, Guinaifen
Sparkle: Sampo, Qingque, Hanya

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jan 26, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hat!

Give me skins dammit.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm genuinely so excited for Penacony

e: Btw here's the 4-star lineup:

Black Swan: Misha, Tingyun, Guinaifen
Sparkle: Sampo, Qingque, Hanya

Very polite of them to include Gui with Black Swan.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Swan and DHIL at the same timer is a bummer but I should probably only choose one of the four anyway :negative:

I think it has to be Swan though I really want a sampo and more qq eidolons, but possibly nabbing gui and misha is fine enough.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

2.0 is apparently going to last for 7 weeks, which means the anniversary falls in the second half of 2.1.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
4 stars that i have at e6 on jing yuan’s banner with aventurine around the corner… i’m sorry, general

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Bad Video Games posted:

Hat!

Give me skins dammit.

I have good news.

That's imaginary trailblazer, the hat is their weapon and the dance moves are part of their animations. They're basically Dante with Faust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVnMTS5uSQU