Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Just one instance of our system putting an innocent person to death makes the system no better than the guilty people its put to death. And It's happened multiple times. The death penalty system itself is a serial killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

There is no humane way to execute someone.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Her lawyers are probably drafting the next lawsuit already, based on everything he's said during this one.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

tek79 posted:

Just once instance of our system putting an innocent person to death makes the system no better than the guilty people its put to death. And It's happened multiple times. The death penalty system itself is a serial killer.

Especially since the death penalty has been abused, repeatedly, especially in racist and bigoted false convictions.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

kazil posted:

True. Not even Snu Snu.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Stoatbringer posted:

Her lawyers are probably drafting the next lawsuit already, based on everything he's said during this one.

A defamation ouroboros

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Has she seen a dime from him yet?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

we should ship prisoners to Australia

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

A perpetual motion to dismiss machine

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pro starcraft loser posted:

Has she seen a dime from him yet?

No but he had to put the first judgment’s amount up as bond for the appeal, so I think he can’t stall that part once these damages are determined.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Imagine the quality of lawyers he'll have for the 5th one

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RogerHudsonCO/status/1750761038939595213?s=20

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Toxic Mental posted:

Do you mean Project Hail Mary

Yes, I have no idea why I decided Operation was the right word besides previously posting about the Marines.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:lol: things are coming up Lauren

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

kazil posted:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Especially since the death penalty has been abused, repeatedly, especially in racist and bigoted false convictions.

If - and it's a big if - the death penalty is appropriate anywhere, it's for massive, documented corruption. There is a provable paper trail to the crimes, the criminals are not driven by desperation, they have all the resources for a vigorous defense, and there's a large risk to the public if they reoffend.

Rick Scott deserves the death penalty.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ok I think it's time to move on from death penalty chat

I'm sure there's some thread in D&D where we can debate this and all become calm Hitlers

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol his big fat gut is lookin pretty wet there

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/yankee_MSU/status/1750714332894175268?s=20

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Coming soon to GOP debates: "WHO HERE'S GOT A DWI!?" And the candidates who don't get booed

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
lol

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

Lol his big fat gut is lookin pretty wet there

The great Ted Cruz debate: grease stains, or spilled Mountain Dew?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Pitcairn is British.

Sadly, very much a Pedoph Isle as well

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

His transformation into Evil Mark Harmon continues apace

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

tek79 posted:

Just one instance of our system putting an innocent person to death makes the system no better than the guilty people its put to death. And It's happened multiple times. The death penalty system itself is a serial killer.

Wasn't there a thing a while back where Rick Perry refused to pardon a death row inmate after exonerating evidence was found and Perry's supporters were like "It takes balls to execute an innocent man"?

Maybe (hopefully) I'm hallucinating that...

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Toxic Mental posted:

Bro it’s a Gadsden flag

Only registered members can see post attachments!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lol

Don't let chuds see this, they'll unironically adopt it minus the subscript

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

This is old news but I missed it at the time, but seems relevant with the current Texas thing. Apparently the national guard is a mercenary force now!

quote:

Willis Johnson said he just wanted to help.

So, earlier this month the billionaire Republican donor, who amassed a fortune building an international junkyard empire, took the unusual step of calling South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, a rising Republican star who has railed against illegal immigration and aligned herself firmly with former President Donald Trump.

He asked if she wanted to send National Guard troops from South Dakota to the U.S.-Mexico border — and offered up $1 million to help.
Johnson, who doesn’t even live in Noem’s state but rather in Tennessee

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

should just be a pic of the J6er who got trampled with "My Flag Specifically Says Not To Do This"

_____!
May 2, 2004

Accipiter posted:

My mom, who lives a stone's throw from Ottawa, is so upset about THE INVASION AT THE BORDER. I do my best to feed her a steady stream of reason and reality, but I'm no match for the other 167 hours of right-wing propaganda filling her ear holes in the week.

It took every ounce of restraint a bunch of years ago when she complained about immigrants in this country for me to explain to her, "Mom YOU'RE GERMAN AND YOU WERE BORN IN GERMANY."

What if she's referring to keeping Americans out of Canada?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
lmao :golfclap:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

kazil posted:

https://ak2.rmbl.ws/s8/2/D/b/P/w/DbPwp.caa.mp4?b=1&u=ummtf

A minute long rant about the E Jean Carroll trial. Closing arguments are today, and deliberation. There's a good chance it wraps up today. I hope they clear his rear end out.

Donald this is your lawyer speaking, keep posting this poo poo.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

Do you mean Project Hail Mary

Loved that book! Gonna be a movie soon enough, with Ken in the lead.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

Precrime abortions

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Why isn't exile a thing anymore? The US apparently owns 9 uninhabited islands and atolls.

loving a, man, this. Can't we take a page outta history and just ship all the death row guys to Australia or something?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I thought “has been arrested” was usually used to amplify the effects of racially inequitable policing into the domains of employment and politics. interesting to see it used this way!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

I thought “has been arrested” was usually used to amplify the effects of racially inequitable policing into the domains of employment and politics. interesting to see it used this way!

The Party of Law and Order

Also, the Party of Fiscal Discipline

Also, the Party of Adults

LOL

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

It's a very adult thing to have been arrested redshirt that's why all the Republicans in CO D4 have done it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

redshirt posted:

The Party of Law and Order

Also, the Party of Fiscal Discipline

Also, the Party of Adults

LOL

Republicans poo poo all over everything that’s good in the world because they are miserable human beings.

*waves around at everything as evidence*