Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

One of Trump's criminal attorneys was present for his testimony. Presumably to see how he would act. I don't see him taking the stand for any of those trials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

The over/under for how long it takes Trump to defame her after the verdict is announced is 90 minutes. Place your bets

The actual answer is 0 minutes because he will literally be doing it before, during, and after the verdict announcement.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

We’re going to see them bring back a decision almost immediately, aren’t we

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

They could take every dollar he has and will ever have and he will still never shut the gently caress up.

:hmmyes: a true posting warrior

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
How long did they deliberate last time

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
If I was on the Jury for a (supposed) billionaire, any billionaire, even the nicest one ever - And I was instructed to come up with an amount to make that person stop harassing people and pay for ruining the life of someone for sexual assault - My answer would be "All of their money. ALL OF IT."

I don't think anything in the millions would make them stop. I don't even think in the billions would make them stop. Taking away every single cent they have would probably be a good head check.

That's just me tho.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

lmao my first thread title

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

What happened with the 'banned from doing business in the state of NY' case? Is that still ongoing or did that ever finish?

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

The over/under for how long it takes Trump to defame her after the verdict is announced is 90 minutes. Place your bets

Would doing it while the verdict is being read count?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

The conventional reasoning is that it allows lesser known candidates with smaller campaigns to have a chance, by letting them focus on a few states at a time. If it was an all-at-once affair, the only people who could reasonably win are ones with a ton of funding to run a 50-state campaign, or people with the most name recognition, so you'd end up with things like a reality TV star and criminal real estate mogul sweeping the nomination despite having no real qualifications.

For various reasons I've found this argument less and less convincing over the last few election cycles.

The problem is the big money candidates can also focus their cash on one state so having more cash is still a big advantage

Also it’s kind of hurt by the parties controlling the primaries anyway so they can put their thumb on the scale anyway.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

ishikabibble posted:

What happened with the 'banned from doing business in the state of NY' case? Is that still ongoing or did that ever finish?

Engoron said he plans to rule before February.

also

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The way Trump’s brain is wired to immediately construct his own narrative of events (see: “the ramp WAS VERY SLIPPERY AND DEADLY JUST LIKE ANTIFA”) I fully expect his first genuine truthin’ about this will be an explanation as to why he left the court during the closing statements. “I GOT WORD A NEWLY BORN BABY WAS ABOUT TO BE ABORTED AND NEEDED TO SHED A TEAR ON THE FLAG”.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

ishikabibble posted:

Arguments are over but the judge is writing his decision now. I think he said he expected to be done by the end of the month.

e: sorta beaten?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

I don't think even $250 million would do it unless he was so heavily over leveraged and cash poor that it caused him to sell off nearly everything (including the FL estate) and change his lifestyle drastically.

It needs to be huge enough to do that to really make him shut up I think and I don't know what his finances really are.

Eh, my bet is it takes a whole lot less than that to make his financial house of cards come tumbling down into a flaming dumpster. He's been leveraged to the tits for decades and the only thing that kept him going was laundering Russian mob cash then grifting his rubes. Anything happens that takes an actual whack at the foundation of his empire will have all the rotten timber crumble.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Philthy posted:

If I was on the Jury for a (supposed) billionaire, any billionaire, even the nicest one ever - And I was instructed to come up with an amount to make that person stop harassing people and pay for ruining the life of someone for sexual assault - My answer would be "All of their money. ALL OF IT."

I don't think anything in the millions would make them stop. I don't even think in the billions would make them stop. Taking away every single cent they have would probably be a good head check.

That's just me tho.

Or a percentage of their entire worth. Percentages are nice in that way: just give the victim a slice of his cash going forward.

I'm thinking Trumpy is going to owe a few billion in this case. It's going to be bigger than Alex Jones.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
during the first Caroll civil suit trump asserted (as he has done with multiple other women) that she was not hot enough to sexually assault

what I'm saying is the criminal trials are going to be wild

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Agreed, his empire is a house of cards.

It just needs one thing to go wrong and......

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Biden at Earth Rider breweries making fun of his own slurred speech saying he had too many Great Lakes IPAs

https://twitter.com/Tonywithyy/status/1750632530112365020

Fox News had their take:

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Is it cool to just storm out of a civil defense trial suddenly like you got the results of a paternity test on Maury

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

also

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How much is the mainstream nightly news type places reporting on this?

Because a legal declaration that "Don't trump forcefully put his fingers in her vagina without her consent", I would hope to God would actually be something that matters to people.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
The real over/under to ask is how long it’ll take the jury to come up with a number for damages. 3 hours seems like a good number? I’m thinking under. If I’m in the jury I’m ready to be done with this stupid poo poo and to get home for dinner and enjoy my weekend

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

kazil posted:

oh man if he was waiting for this to roll out specifically so he could do a one-two punch on ol' donny doo-shoes

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

bird food bathtub posted:

Nah, it's hardcore narcissism. The only way I've ever been able to explain it is that to a narcissist the concept of reality is an etch-a-sketch between their ears. Something they don't like happen? Give things a vigorous shake and draw your own reality. It's sounds cuckoo bananas bonkers insane I know, I really know how hard it is to believe but this is exactly how it plays out. They don't like it, it didn't happen, and a lot of the domestic and personal abuse that comes out of living/growing up with a narcissist is the constant hypervigilance that comes with trying to assess the narcissist's feelings to determine when they have done this reality altering so you can play along and not make a target out of yourself in the relationship by accidentally agreeing with reality instead of them.

Yeah, as someone who grew up with one, it is exactly this^

Anything they don't like narcs blink out of reality, and woe to the person that breaks that bubble

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

John Wick of Dogs posted:

How much is the mainstream nightly news type places reporting on this?

Because a legal declaration that "Don't trump forcefully put his fingers in her vagina without her consent", I would hope to God would actually be something that matters to people.

It's on every single news outlet I can see except for all the ones you'd expect

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

Going for that Kingpin look

e: godammit

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/jimstewartson/status/1750935670498165069

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

B-Rock452 posted:

I honestly didn't realize you could object during an opening or closing statement until I started following trump's cases

“Everything that guy said is bullshit.”

I learned law from My Cousin Vinny.

The jury will award one dollar for every hair that Donald admits he has on his head.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

This isn't AI?

It sounds just like AI Ben Shapiro rapping.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

a republican saying their enemies are WAPs is a wild ride-- that's exclusively a republican descriptor

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Can they not just award a billion dollars? Like, if the courts decide that that is too much, it doesn't mean the judgement is thrown out or there is a new trial, it just means the judge uses their own discretion to reduce the award, right?

Why not just say a billion and let the judge figure out what the absolute maximum they can take from him is?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Taeke posted:

lmao my first thread title

Sorry to burst your bubble but isn't it Carroll's attorney's title

Three Olives posted:

Can they not just award a billion dollars? Like, if the courts decide that that is too much, it doesn't mean the judgement is thrown out or there is a new trial, it just means the judge uses their own discretion to reduce the award, right?

Why not just say a billion and let the judge figure out what the absolute maximum they can take from him is?

You should ask this guy!

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

jokes posted:

a republican saying their enemies are WAPs is a wild ride-- that's exclusively a republican descriptor

why would anyone rap about “weepy rear end pustules”?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

NoiseAnnoys posted:

why would anyone rap about “weepy rear end pustules”?

wet rear end presidents

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

It is absolutely insane that Trump was found to be lying about not raping her yet was not found guilty of rape

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

It is absolutely insane that Trump was found to be lying about not raping her yet was not found guilty of rape

I believe he was not tried criminally, only civilly because criminal limitations had expired

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The New York laws very particularly differentiate between P in V, which the law calls rape, and finger in V, which the law refers to as sexual assault. He was found to have committed the latter.

Edit: Most states have whole spectra of sexual assault laws, ranging from P in V to, like, "hand over clothed buttocks" which is often a misdemeanor.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So they really are all just failed musical theater kids, huh? Every loving one of them.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

idiotsavant posted:

The real over/under to ask is how long it’ll take the jury to come up with a number for damages. 3 hours seems like a good number? I’m thinking under. If I’m in the jury I’m ready to be done with this stupid poo poo and to get home for dinner and enjoy my weekend

Could go long for two reasons. One is enough jurors were tainted by Trump trying to redo the original trial. Two is a fight over how big to go on damages - if a few wanna go 10 figures that could be talked about for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

jokes posted:

wet rear end presidents

white and pissy also works