Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I love that butcher block

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm having a lot of trouble parsing the distance between the arm of the sofa and the carpet.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

7731 Hollyridge Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32256

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Why are there giant portraits of Paul Newman in the toilet???

Rather ask, why is there a toilet in the Paul Newman Appreciation Room?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

That LED on top of a chair on top of a table is giving me more anxiety issues than the busy wallpaper patterns in each room.

e: also clearly at some point in time a cat/dog/toddler has either fallen through or gotten their leg stuck in the gap between the floor and the spiral staircase hence the flimsy wooden fence that's been erected over it

I like the little climbing step to help your toddler fling themselves over the stair rail. Also is it just me, or are all the ceilings slightly lower than normal?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The only thing wrong with this is the carpet in the bathrooms.

Mad Hamish has a new favorite as of 20:29 on Jan 26, 2024

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

perhaps the 7th or 8th gayest bathroom i’ve ever seen

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

drat, I haven't seen Mediterranean-style furniture in decades. Not even in flea markets.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

How about a former thoroughbred horse ranch? https://www.redfin.com/CO/Lamar/1105-E-Maple-St-81052/home/178224287?600390594

I appreciate the fantasy/reality photos where the second photo shows the current state of things, there are a few pairs of those in this listing.

the smell of this place must be something incredible. all of that gross shaggy carpet, with years of water intrusion...

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That house owns. There's a lot of those good 50s/60s/70s ranch style houses in Deerwood and Arlington.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

What guy doesn't love spending the weekend mowing the interior of their house?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

cult_hero posted:

I think it's just carpeting that looks like grass but I hate it anyway

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

My favourite part of the living room is the mirrored PhotoShopped window with clone-stamped curtains.

What the hell is happening in the gaps of that right-side railing?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

My favourite part of the living room is the mirrored PhotoShopped window with clone-stamped curtains.

house is haunted

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

par 4

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

God there's so many weird little things that are off about the whole house; it's like a house from a David Lynch movie.

-The exterior looks like a rural primary school in Roscommon
-There's what appears to be a dried up wasp hive on a twig in the corner on the living room, as a decoration
-The handles on the kitchen cabinets are on the centre of the doors
-There appears to be a giant taxidermy-ed cougar on a boulder in the living room that you can only see at certain angles because it's been digitally removed in the photos of the room it's in, or because it's some kind of terrifying optical illusion like one of those money boxes with a floating strawberry in it
-The bedrooms all have recessed ceiling lights that someone ripped the bulbs out of but didn't remove the bulbs from the free hanging lights in other rooms
-The bathrooms are carpeted, and the mirrors over each sink have been stolen

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I think the next room is a step up, and they carpeted that step because of course they did

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

This belongs in a museum.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The 70s, ladies and gentlemen.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

TrashMammal posted:

perhaps the 7th or 8th gayest bathroom i’ve ever seen

What in the hell is going on with that toilet

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I don't even hate that the carpet is shaggy or green, but there's no way it feels nice like it did when it was new, and I can't imagine it smells great at this point either.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

It's shy

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

The water's cold, okay?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's so you can rest the tip of your penis on the inside of the bowl and you don't have to hold it

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

aniviron posted:

I don't even hate that the carpet is shaggy or green, but there's no way it feels nice like it did when it was new, and I can't imagine it smells great at this point either.
While Jacksonville is pretty far north, wall-to-wall carpet + Florida = no.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

cult_hero posted:

The home I lived in as a toddler had green carpet. I loved it because I could pretend my toys were on grass.

If it wasn't Florida and if it wasn't expensive, hell yes I'd live in this house. It's so tacky it wraps around to being glorious.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Thread loves a time capsule.

My grandparents had sliding glass doors like this in their bath. They look cool. Contain water flawlessly. However, it is important to note that the metal rails are cold as hell. You can not sit on the edge of the tub. And if you are very short your undercarriage is going to brush against the cold metal when you get in and out of the tub. Very startling when you are first old enough that they no longer lift you in and out of the tub.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Facebook Aunt posted:

Thread loves a time capsule.

My grandparents had sliding glass doors like this in their bath. They look cool. Contain water flawlessly. However, it is important to note that the metal rails are cold as hell. You can not sit on the edge of the tub. And if you are very short your undercarriage is going to brush against the cold metal when you get in and out of the tub. Very startling when you are first old enough that they no longer lift you in and out of the tub.

i hate those things so much. giant mildew traps

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

TrashMammal posted:

i hate those things so much. giant mildew traps

The first thing I did when I owned my first home was rip those off the shower and replace them.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

some kind of terrifying optical illusion like one of those money boxes with a floating strawberry in it

...what?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
LIKE ONE OF THOSE MONEY BOXES WITH A FLOATING STRAWBERRY IN IT

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

How about a former thoroughbred horse ranch? https://www.redfin.com/CO/Lamar/1105-E-Maple-St-81052/home/178224287?600390594

I appreciate the fantasy/reality photos where the second photo shows the current state of things, there are a few pairs of those in this listing.

These windows don't fill me with confidence. Also the horse girl in me wants to see more of the barn and the inside of the stalls.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Drimble Wedge posted:

These windows don't fill me with confidence. Also the horse girl in me wants to see more of the barn and the inside of the stalls.

While the blown out panel and timber supports are probably worse signs, there is clearly some heavy photoshopping going on through those windows, whatever is being displayed there is not as it seems.

Love the TV cabinet though.

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
When we sold our house our realtor photoshopped the lawn very obviously. The people who bought it ended up using the same pictures when they would air bnb it out and one of the complaints was that the lawn looked nothing like the photos. They were not happy they could not mini golf on it.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

LIKE ONE OF THOSE MONEY BOXES WITH A FLOATING STRAWBERRY IN IT

lol, exactly. I feel like the other poster lives in a different reality where "one of those money boxes with a floating strawberry in it" is an everyday familiar thing everyone just obviously knows

common household items: refrigerator, television, one of those money boxes with a floating strawberry in it, lol

i tried getting to the bottom of it but google just shows me pictures of strawberry shaped piggybank type things. I'm at a loss and it's hilarious to me

aniviron posted:

there is clearly some heavy photoshopping going on through those windows, whatever is being displayed there is not as it seems.

Love the TV cabinet though.

I barely know anything about photoshop, so you're probably right, but drat they sure left those windows filthy looking if they took the trouble to photoshop them. not just the gross film but also all the streaks on that bottom left one so I dunno

totally agree that the tv cabinet is perfect in that house

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

could op possibly be talking about a mirascope?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lol I have no idea either

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

one of those money boxes with a floating strawberry in it
____________/

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

You fuckers didn’t spend hours of your childhood staring at these things for hours trying to figure out how they worked

The one I had as a kid had a strawberry in it but Google only shows up ones with a floating ball or a Supreme logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

You fuckers didn’t spend hours of your childhood staring at these things for hours trying to figure out how they worked

The one I had as a kid had a strawberry in it but Google only shows up ones with a floating ball or a Supreme logo

Yeah, I had a dinosaur-themed one. It was rad, and broke my tiny brain.