Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kiimo posted:

Sorry to change the subject but the trailer I (my team and I) have been working on just dropped and I'm proud of this one. The trailer and movie rule. I posted this just now in the trailer thread but want to share it here too.

If you like John Wick, Nobody, The Raid, that kind of poo poo but want a socio-economic subtext involving the caste system this poo poo is for you. Dev Patel's directorial debut and this is probably the beginning of a tentpole franchise. He's going to be a thing.

https://twitter.com/monkeymanmovie/status/1750910440761389088

Didn’t use The Specials. Immediate F.

Ok seriously that’s a cool trailer and the movie looks cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I finally watched John Wick and found it kind of repetitive and boring.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

Can you expand on why India won't like the movie?

When you have a film criticizing the rich and caste system and the bad guy is also a religious leader it ruffles feathers in India.

Neil Armbong posted:

My guess is the upper caste are not fans of any slander coming their way.

Has also been a problem in US tech companies when lower caste employees want to talk about it and upper cast employees freak.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-an...own%20behavior.

yep

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Thermos H Christ posted:

I finally watched John Wick and found it kind of repetitive and boring.

Boo this man, he hates fun.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

My guess is the upper caste are not fans of any slander coming their way.

Has also been a problem in US tech companies when lower caste employees want to talk about it and upper cast employees freak.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-an...own%20behavior.

kiimo posted:

When you have a film criticizing the rich and caste system and the bad guy is also a religious leader it ruffles feathers in India.

Thanks for this. I admittedly haven't had a lot of exposure to Indian culture.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Olly_Tennis_/status/1750793254700720390?t=F9Ngbq5gIuCwkrvf91T15Q&s=19

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
That trailer looks awesome, can’t wait to see it

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Okay, Roadhouse trailer looks pretty good, even if it certainly won’t stack to the original. It looks appropriately off the rails.

MonkeyMan looks super fun too.

________
Unrelated:

If my wife happens to see Biden on camera she has to like turn it or leave the room because “I can’t watch that feeble old man.”

https://twitter.com/Tonywithyy/status/1750632530112365020?s=20

God he’s going to get slaughtered in November. This is elder abuse at this point, and political malpractice to keep running this rear end in a top hat.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

Okay, Roadhouse trailer looks pretty good, even if it certainly won’t stack to the original. It looks appropriately off the rails.

MonkeyMan looks super fun too.

________
Unrelated:

If my wife happens to see Biden on camera she has to like turn it or leave the room because “I can’t watch that feeble old man.”

https://twitter.com/Tonywithyy/status/1750632530112365020?s=20

God he’s going to get slaughtered in November. This is elder abuse at this point, and political malpractice to keep running this rear end in a top hat.

Its going to be hilarious to see a meteoric crash in voter turnout this year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Two old men with dementia. not great. I mean, I still think I'd rather have the guy who is not trying to turn the old folks home into auschwitz but this poo poo is less than inspiring. Remember when Bernie was "too old" to run? He's still sharp as a tack

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Goons continuing to think that everyone (offscreen laughing with them) is as perpetually online twitter brained as they are.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

kiimo posted:

Sorry to change the subject but the trailer I (my team and I) have been working on just dropped and I'm proud of this one. The trailer and movie rule. I posted this just now in the trailer thread but want to share it here too.

If you like John Wick, Nobody, The Raid, that kind of poo poo but want a socio-economic subtext involving the caste system this poo poo is for you. Dev Patel's directorial debut and this is probably the beginning of a tentpole franchise. He's going to be a thing.

Hell yeah brother.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

kiimo posted:

This is awesome, and I just saw someone else post it in a discord and there was a lot of “holy poo poo” reactions too. Great loving job.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Pain of Mind posted:

Goons continuing to think that everyone (offscreen laughing with them) is as perpetually online twitter brained as they are.

Are you implying he isn’t actually that feeble and mush-brained, or that most people just don’t actually care?

Because you may be right, but the evidence is overwhelming.

We didn’t always just run reanimated corpses against one another.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

the only hill i'll truly die on is Spam is Good. Nah, it's GREAT. I will eat it at all hours of the day.

:agreed:

I think the aversion is just that it's canned meat. I like to make tamago kake gohan (literally just eggs over rice) some weekends and a few slices of spam goes really well with it because it has the same saltiness that you'd get from soy sauce.

kiimo posted:

Hell yeah I'll watch that.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

LeeMajors posted:

Are you implying he isn’t actually that feeble and mush-brained, or that most people just don’t actually care?

Because you may be right, but the evidence is overwhelming.

We didn’t always just run reanimated corpses against one another.

I was implying people do not care, mainly in response to your previous post and this:

swickles posted:

Its going to be hilarious to see a meteoric crash in voter turnout this year.

When you talk to people outside of the internet, no one is keeping track of this mundane news/drama that lives online for engagement. I guarantee there will be high voter turnout and whatever happens will not be a blowout, though I have no idea who will win.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 26, 2024

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

kiimo posted:

This looks cool as hell and I am deeply unsurprised Netflix bounced it because it won't do well in India. I was there when SRK basically talked some subtle poo poo against Hindutva bullshit and caused protests and counter protests. Also when weirds lodged a complaint about the kiss in Dhoom 2.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus Biden’s getting worse and worse. What’re they doing. How woefully incompetent.. and woefully depressing. Ugh gently caress

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
What’s wild is if Trump and Biden were just some regular dudes trying to get jobs somewhere they’d get laughed out of the interview for being too old but here we are about to have one of them continuing to hold the highest office.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The left seems infinitely more invested in portraying Biden as an invalid than the Republicans do and honestly, that’s pretty fuckin wierd

e: like I’m not happy that our best hope is an octogenarian but people act like he’s clearly on deaths door instead of a guy who’s had a lifelong speech impediment

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Pain of Mind posted:

I was implying people do not care, mainly in response to your previous post and this:

When you talk to people outside of the internet, no one is keeping track of this mundane news/drama that lives online for engagement. I guarantee there will be high voter turnout and whatever happens will not be a blowout, though I have no idea who will win.

I mean, the Israel-Gaza news isn't some obscure thing. No matter what side of the spectrum you fall on, committing forces to a mideast conflict is deeply unpopular with American voters, and it just seems we are getting sucked in more and more with escalation against Yemen.

Biden has a worse approval rating than Trump. Add to that the recent polling in Iowa and New Hampshire which shows that identification with the MAGA wing of the GOP has plummeted and literally both sides are starting to get sick of their own bullshit.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I can't imagine Biden is even doing much at this point, just kind of gets shuffled around and that's it. It would be nice if he had a visual VP who was likeable out there instead of whatever the gently caress Harris is doing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

What’s wild is if Trump and Biden were just some regular dudes trying to get jobs somewhere they’d get laughed out of the interview for being too old but here we are about to have one of them continuing to hold the highest office.

or they'd get hired manning 10 self checkout kiosks at Lowes.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I don’t disagree that this in particular will probably not have any traction with voters—the lack of meaningful reproductive rights codification, abandonment of the social infrastructure arm of BBB, and continued support of genocide are probably bigger issues.

Michigan is going to be pretty interesting.

Man, what an uninspiring candidate to run. AND he still owes me $600.

Freaquency posted:

The left seems infinitely more invested in portraying Biden as an invalid than the Republicans do and honestly, that’s pretty fuckin wierd

e: like I’m not happy that our best hope is an octogenarian but people act like he’s clearly on deaths door instead of a guy who’s had a lifelong speech impediment

I mean, I’ve seen him speak for many years. The man is on an intense decline.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Door greeter Trump at Walmart would be wild. Just trashing people as the come and go dishing out insulting nicknames.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

wandler20 posted:

Door greeter Trump at Walmart would be wild. Just trashing people as the come and go dishing out insulting nicknames.

He’d get fired for like constantly bragging about fingerbanging Loni Anderson in a limo or something

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Freaquency posted:

Weird how he never showed signs of a speech impediment before, during his close to 50 years in government service.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jesus Biden’s getting worse and worse. What’re they doing. How woefully incompetent.. and woefully depressing. Ugh gently caress

The dems refusal to take any kind of principled stand on... any topic is so frustrating. Trotting out this senile douche who only has support because the other choice is voting in someone who will become a dictator is a wild thing to see. The children of the silent generation suck a big one.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

swickles posted:

I mean, the Israel-Gaza news isn't some obscure thing. No matter what side of the spectrum you fall on, committing forces to a mideast conflict is deeply unpopular with American voters, and it just seems we are getting sucked in more and more with escalation against Yemen.

I kind of disagree with this, with the caveat that I have no hard data. To me this also seems like one of those things that people who spend a lot of time online are absolutely bathed in, so they assume everyone else cares about it just as much as they do. I am sure people have opinions and such, but at least in my anecdotal experience of talking with true moderates in my wife's family over the holidays or my highly educated upper/middle class coworkers it is much lower priority than standard US focused political stuff like the economy/social issues etc., and more "those people that have been fighting since before I was born are fighting again".

It kind of reminds me of that Chris Coons primary. I only followed it here because I do not live in Delaware, and based on the hype and enthusiasm I was kind of getting swept up in the goon wave of hoping the left primary challenger would win, and I assumed it would be a pretty close election based on how excited and engaged online people were. Then of course she got blown out, because when it comes down to it online people are still a pretty small percentage of the population, even if they are kind of noisy enough to think it is bigger.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 26, 2024

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I assume the closer to the election we get the less they will be putting him out there like last time

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Pain of Mind posted:

I kind of disagree with this, with the caveat that I have no hard data. To me this also seems like one of those things that people who spend a lot of time online are absolutely bathed in, so they assume everyone else cares about it just as much as they do. I am sure people have opinions and such, but at least in my anecdotal experience of talking with true moderates in my wife's family over the holidays or my highly educated upper/middle class coworkers it is much lower priority than standard US focused political stuff like the economy/social issues etc., and more "those people that have been fighting since before I was born are fighting again".

It kind of reminds me of that Chris Coons primary. I only followed it here because I do not live in Delaware, and based on the hype and enthusiasm I was kind of getting swept up in the goon wave of hoping the left primary challenger would win, and I assumed it would be a pretty close election based on nothing but how excited and engaged online people were. Then of course she got blown out, because when it comes down to it online people are still a pretty small percentage of the population, even if they are kind of noisy enough to think it is bigger.

Even accepting this is true, the US economy sucks for basically 80% of the population.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's kinda sad that day one of Bidens presidency the Dems didn't make it job #1 finding someone among them who wasn't in obvious mental decline to run this year. They had four years for this poo poo and didn't do it. I suppose the even more grim thought is that they couldn't find anyone expected to poll better than gramp gramp.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Nobody wants to run against Trump lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

When can the Gavin Newsom era start???

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Freaquency posted:

Ah you’re part of the problem

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I take a small amount of comfort in knowing that, like me, some of the most powerful people in America will never be able to retire.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Amy Pole Her posted:

Ah you’re part of the problem

I mean I’m out here locally trying to get candidates that actually represent me elected, but sure I’m the one at fault here :rolleyes:

Only having a senior citizen as a viable candidate is a problem with roots from a decade-plus ago, complaining about it now doesn’t fix anything. What are you doing about it to make sure it doesn’t happen again? These people don’t just spring from the loving ether, you have to actually have quality candidates at local and state levels to have a chance in hell of getting what you want. Right wing freaks battled for each and every seat they could for the entirety of Obama’s presidency while the left sat on their laurels and now we have to do the same to unfuck it all.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

3 DONG HORSE posted:

When can the Gavin Newsom era start???

Does anyone really want this lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Nodoze posted:

Does anyone really want this lol

I want to instigate secession

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Freaquency posted:

I mean I’m out here locally trying to get candidates that actually represent me elected, but sure I’m the one at fault here :rolleyes:

Only having a senior citizen as a viable candidate is a problem with roots from a decade-plus ago, complaining about it now doesn’t fix anything. What are you doing about it to make sure it doesn’t happen again? These people don’t just spring from the loving ether, you have to actually have quality candidates at local and state levels to have a chance in hell of getting what you want. Right wing freaks battled for each and every seat they could for the entirety of Obama’s presidency while the left sat on their laurels and now we have to do the same to unfuck it all.

I think the DNC not actively working against progressives would be a start. They can't weed out good candidates that are a scooch further left than they'd like to uplift empty suits like mayor pete and gavin loving newsom. The national and state parties are 100% responsible for their bench lacking quality candidates.

e: i don't have time, or rather the time I do have I don't give to politics, but I do give money to specific candidates. I refuse to give to any party at any level.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 26, 2024