Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

i keep hearing about games as a service but perhaps what gamers need is women as a service

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
how bout Games as a Woman

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Interview by Abdul Rahman Al-Rashed of Asharq Al-Awsat

2001-2009.state.gov posted:

Secretary Colin L. Powell
Washington, DC
November 5, 2003
2003/1138
(4:40 p.m. EST)

SECRETARY POWELL: -- from Panama to Nicaragua, from Nicaragua to Honduras, and that's our air base in Honduras, Soto Cono.

So in a helicopter it's Tegucigalpa, then back out to the -- Tegucigalpa to Soto Cono, then Soto Cono to College Station last night, then I had to change all of my software and take out all of the Central American software and put in the Chinese software to give a speech this morning in Texas.

QUESTION: So do you use sleeping tablets to organize yourself?

SECRETARY POWELL: Yes. Well, I wouldn't call them that. They're a wonderful medication -- not medication. How would you call it? They're called ambien, which is very good. You don't use ambien? Everybody here uses ambien.

QUESTION: I use it when I go on trip and long distance travel.

SECRETARY POWELL: Yeah. I didn't need it this time because I was in the same time zone.

QUESTION: I see.

SECRETARY POWELL: It's when I go to your part of the world. I need to get my rest.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
"lol yeah we're all zooted 24/7"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Professor Beetus posted:

As a peon it makes me feel a little bit of warmth in my heart knowing that the worlds richest elite are just utterly smooth brained morons saying the dumbest poo poo and have never actually done anything to earn their loving money in their lives. Same as it ever was, I guess

the current "media landscape" sucks a lot, but its really funny that its made it basically a requirement that they dig deep for these lame shower thoughts as the creme de la creme and then share them with everyone

really? you can afford hundreds of speech writers and you boil down your assuredly very grand thoughts to this garbage

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Eventually we will all be dead.

Like, that's literally what loving Keynes meant with that quote. Who gives a poo poo about eventually, people need poo poo right now, so your eventually answer is wholly insufficient.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

quote:

SECRETARY POWELL: Yes. Well, I wouldn't call them that. They're a wonderful medication -- not medication. How would you call it? They're called ambien, which is very good. You don't use ambien? Everybody here uses ambien.

This is an all time favorite quote of mine.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

bedpan posted:

This is an all time favorite quote of mine.

lmfao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

*incredulously* You don't use ambien?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
You'll Cowards Don't Even Use Ambien

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

which is very good!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The fact that Jim from The Office watched multiple actors try out but only picked actor "Chris Dingli" to play forums moderator Vilerat in his self insert Benghazi film.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

the milk machine posted:

You'll Cowards Don't Even Use Ambien

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

projecthalaxy posted:

The fact that Jim from The Office watched multiple actors try out but only picked actor "Chris Dingli" to play forums moderator Vilerat in his self insert Benghazi film.

Doesn't even feature Viletat

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

Or Laughable Xhosa Girl.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm glad that a guy who did tech support for a torture blacksite is barely remembered and never venerated. "an occasional joke on a dead gay internet forum" should be on his tombstone.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm glad that a guy who did tech support for a torture blacksite is barely remembered and never venerated. "an occasional joke on a dead gay internet forum" should be on his tombstone.

along with a sweet print of that dragon.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

projecthalaxy posted:

sad they cut out this scene:

America patriotman: hey man, what are you doin, they're stormin the embassy!

vilerat: hang on, just one sec, I gotta get this incredibly racist post sent to the something awful forums, then I'll be on my way

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

any time I see a photo of lagarde I smell stale cigarettes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Spergin Morlock posted:

any time I see a photo of lagarde I smell stale cigarettes

rich corinthian leather

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

sad they cut out this scene:

America patriotman: hey man, what are you doin, they're stormin the embassy!

vilerat: hang on, just one sec, I gotta get this incredibly racist post sent to the something awful forums, then I'll be on my way

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Smith_%28diplomat%29?wprov=sfla1

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

I have no memory of this tattoo someone please post it

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

RandolphCarter posted:

I have no memory of this tattoo someone please post it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

why isn't this on his wiki page???

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

hells bells

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

owns

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I never noticed how detailed the knees on that dragon were

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the second time you die is when nobody remembers...

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

is that the chargers logo

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

he is still a D&D mod

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

World War Mammories posted:

is that the chargers logo

Yeah lol

I assumed it was a chargers tattoo

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

bedpan posted:

he is still a D&D mod

He's the best D&D mod.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Yeah I know who he was, that was why I posted that. I was riffing on one of his notoriously bad racist posts where he actually said "spear chuckers in Africa" or something like that

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

Yeah I know who he was, that was why I posted that. I was riffing on one of his notoriously bad racist posts where he actually said "spear chuckers in Africa" or something like that

it's funny that he has a wiki page obviously created by benghazi truthers

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I never noticed how detailed the knees on that dragon were

It's a wyvern.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Professor Beetus posted:

how soon we forget the laughable xhosa girl ...

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Shyrka posted:

It's a wyvern.

its from a dnd monster manual cover, hue shifted blue

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

ArmedZombie posted:

it's funny that he has a wiki page obviously created by benghazi truthers

Is there anyone else who would give a poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

FirstnameLastname posted:

its from a dnd monster manual cover, hue shifted blue

mods get a printed manual? will wonders never cease