Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Catastrophe posted:

Holy smokes do not pump hydrogen peroxide into your blood intravenously

I mean the author is kinda right. Do this and you won't die of cancer or AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Liquid Chicken posted:

TV placement like that in the waiting room when you're getting your car repaired.

I was thinking sports bar, but that works too.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

This is a pretty light curse but this TV placement stopped me in my tracks.

Catastrophe posted:

brb, gonna watch a movie

https://www.reddit.com/r/TVTooHigh/

e:
Hell yeah this is worth 1/3 Million dollars:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TrashMammal posted:

sorry that you had to find out this way, but you’re dumb as hell

It's a silly joke. Any time you donate blood or they take blood for a test they do it from a vein, so we've all seen deoxygenated blood. And we've all had a cut or a nosebleed and seen oxygenated blood.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Breetai posted:

Once my English teacher marked me down because the assignment was to write a book review and I gave the book a bad review and how dare I because the person who wrote the book was a published author and I wasn't therefore the author was a better arbiter of quality writing than I was.

My former roommate, an English major, drunkenly wrote a review for a novel he didn't read based off a plot synopsis he found and his own related experiences to the subject matter. His professor liked it so much it was submitted to be published in some sort of literary magazine

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Next time you are in the hospital, demand the blue blood. It's the good stuff they keep from the plebs.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

If they deny your request just keep insisting you're a blue-blooded American

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

In case you're curious, smurf blood color is: red

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rebel Blob posted:

Next time you are in the hospital, demand the blue blood. It's the good stuff they keep from the plebs.

It’s the good stuff because it is up there in the top ten most expensive liquids on the planet, with toner ink and championship horse cum

Only the finest stuff in the world for me

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Rebel Blob posted:

I think that might be a picture of a gerbillion dollars

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Rebel Blob posted:

Is there an amount you can infuse at which you start becoming a crab yourself? Asking for a friend that friend is me

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Captain Hygiene posted:

Is there an amount you can infuse at which you start becoming a crab yourself? Asking for a friend that friend is me

That's not what they meant by cancer treatment

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

rotinaj posted:

It’s the good stuff because it is up there in the top ten most expensive liquids on the planet, with toner ink and championship horse cum

Only the finest stuff in the world for me

Toner is powder, though? :confused:

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

horseshoe crabs aren't even real crabs

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Toner is powder, though? :confused:

You know what I fuckin’ mean

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

more falafel please posted:

ain't even horseshoes, either.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Catastrophe posted:

ain't even horseshoes, either.

But they are close to crabs, and close only counts with horseshoe-crabs and hand-grenades.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

TrashMammal posted:

Nope, sorry. Deoxygenated blood is blue until it leaves your body when exposure to the air (OXYGEN) turns it a dark red color

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

TrashMammal posted:

What is this graphic from, the Onion? Even the word 'blood' is just Dutch for colour blue. If it was red then it would be called 'rood'. Look, it's science so it can't be argued about. :colbert:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

more falafel please posted:

They're actually honorary crabs. They're even issued a certificate to prove this, although it's considered a social faux pas to ask to see it

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
yeah all good modern science knows deoxgynated blood is blue and venomous, that's why with a bit of home surgery you can link two of your veins carrying deoxygynated blood to your canine teeth and become a snake person. That's just science 101 right there.

Also then you'll grow a kick rear end tail, so you can slither around in trees all day just like god intended. Highly recommend.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yes, ha ha ha! YES

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
despite all that it's still just controlled by a logitech gamepad

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

:whitewater: ..................um, what? What is this place??

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Takes No Damage posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TVTooHigh/

e:
Hell yeah this is worth 1/3 Million dollars:

That screams "I just put fox news on in any room I occupy and don't really watch it".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Catastrophe posted:

Uh poo poo that's some bad vibes for sure

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Deoxygenated blood isn't blue. It's a less intense red that, when observed though the dual diffusing layers of veins and skin, makes the veins appear blue. The distinction probably muddled the elementary level lesson which is why the teacher didn't pause the lesson to give OP a special cookie for gifted kids.

All I do is look at the blood bag when I donate

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Surely a good dye can turn your blood whatever colour you want.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

So AI art is better at letters but I guess that doesn't mean it's good

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Catastrophe posted:

looks like there might be some answers here, but alas i am illiterate

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

telephone code prefix is Kazahkstan.

I ran a ton of the comments through Google Translate, and it's either a place of 'comfort' or a gynecological clinic

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

PainterofCrap posted:

telephone code prefix is Kazahkstan.

I ran a ton of the comments through Google Translate, and it's either a place of 'comfort' or a gynecological clinic

My Googling came across someone saying it's a Kazakhstan number but the location is actually Uganda and that's a "lodge" where people bring women for sexy times. Since everyone is there for basically the same thing, it's a "hey, I didn't see nothin.... and neither did you" situation.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

I swear to god I have a similar story. I wouldn't post this except I've never seen anyone else reference the powerful smell of rat carcass before and honestly I feel heard after reading that.

I have been a social worker for over fifteen years now. The last decade I have worked in an ER in a major metro area and have smelled a ton of nasty poo poo, infected open wounds that look like rotting meat, maggoty feet, critical GI bleeds, explosive c. diff, spicy homelessness, but literally nothing I have smelled in the ER has ever come remotely close to what I smelled in my first gig out of grad school.

I had a job as an in-home social worker in a rural area. The job was to go into homes where the kids were at risk of being taken by the state to try and be a last ditch effort to maintain the family. It was moderately successful but many of these situations were absolutely hellish and honestly by the time I got in there it was usually clear I would not be able to save the situation. CPS was already involved with all of these cases, in fact they were our referral source. One of these cases involved a home with an active rat infestation, about which I was not informed, nor was I prepared for what happened.

This story took place in late January so it was cold outside and had been for a month or two. The neighborhood was like a war zone. Once I couldn't get to the house because there was a group of dudes fist fighting in the middle of the street during the day. Another time I had to make the block because a couch was left in the middle of the road. Anyway, the house I was visiting barely had a functioning front door. You could pull it to, but they had a bent nail in the frame that you turned to keep it shut, and there was always about an inch or two of open space around it, so anything could get inside. They had a dog they let run loose, in and out, and sometimes they wouldn't turn the nail shut so the dog could come and go. You'd think it would be freezing in their house but they had multiple space heaters going so it was always burning up in the living room.

My first meeting with the parent I made the mistake of sitting on the couch and I remember feeling a rat run underneath the couch and brush up against the back of my heels. I jumped up and the parent said sorry, we've got rats. I asked how bad they are (lol) and she said pretty bad. Subsequent visits involved some crazy poo poo. I saw a rat pull a loaf of bread down from the top of their refrigerator in plain sight during the day. I arrived once and there was a rat sitting in the kitchen sink. I was obviously reporting all of this to every acronym agency I could.

Anyway, the incident. I was sitting in the living room one day talking with the parent and I started to smell a dead rat smell, which wasn't unusual, and it's a horrid smell on its own, but the smell was getting stronger and stronger which didn't make any sense at the time because it was so sudden. I jumped up thinking there was a dead rat under the chair, but did not see anything. The smell continued to get so strong that even the parent, who lived in this poo poo, started to cover her nose and mouth and complain. Then the rickety door opened up and the dog walked inside.

The room was instantly filled with a smell that had an effect similar to pepper spray. I've been near a pepper spray incident before at the hospital and it had the same effect, an immediate, violent jolt to your sinuses that forces your eyes shut. I had no idea what the gently caress was happening but I remember starting to vomit and thinking the only thing that mattered was that I get out of the house. I immediately ran for the front door and ran outside into the front yard, finished barfing and wiping my eyes. Parent had run to the back of the house.

Basically what happened was the dog had found an old rat corpse, presumably frozen, from somewhere around the house outside and had been gnawing on it for who knows how long. By the time he brought it into the living room and dropped it on the floor it was just a pile of soft meat and bones. I will remember that smell until I am dead.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Thank god the forums haven't implemented scratch & sniff technology

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Musk's brain chips will make the Zuckerberg's Metaverse smellable

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

Musk's brain chips will make the Zuckerberg's Metaverse smellable

It's like poetry it rhymes.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Captain Hygiene posted:

You're just gonna evolve into a crab eventually, what's the rush?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Catastrophe posted:

homer should be balder and fatter and marge's hair taller