Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Habba's going to lose her license in the very near future, so she's milking this publicity for everything she can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Deteriorata posted:

She's not trying to make an actual case. She's making happy the guy who signs her paychecks.

I hope she got paid up front.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I hope she got paid up front.

Betcha she didn't.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Velocity Raptor posted:

Maybe she's angling to give Trump grounds to appeal by way of ineffective counsel? :shrug:

Also, those were the closing arguments? I thought you weren't supposed to object during closing. Or maybe it's just bad form?

Ineffective counsel isn’t a think in civil trials.

Beaten

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Velocity Raptor posted:

Maybe she's angling to give Trump grounds to appeal by way of ineffective counsel? :shrug:

Also, those were the closing arguments? I thought you weren't supposed to object during closing. Or maybe it's just bad form?

No such thing as appeals for ineffective counsel in civil cases. You can appeal that for criminal cases because you have a constitutional right to a defense, but you don't have that right in a private matter like this one.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen
Oh hey, the jury has the case now.

I like how the judge kind of gave the jury incentive to hurry the gently caress up, by instructing them to send a note if they're not gonna reach a verdict today by 4:30 pm

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I mean, this is JUST for damages, so it's not like they have to debate the merits of the law.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Randalor posted:

I mean, this is JUST for damages, so it's not like they have to debate the merits of the law.

I really hope that the jury is pissed off about having to deal with this poo poo because he can't keep his yap shut and hits him hard with damages, like treble damages of the previous award.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Everything can be a campaign rally for Donald trump.

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1750938006758768911

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Cimber posted:

I really hope that the jury is pissed off about having to deal with this poo poo because he can't keep his yap shut and hits him hard with damages, like treble damages of the previous award.

I'm kind of hoping it's like the Alex Jones case where some of the jurors didn't agree with the amount... because it wasn't high enough.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
He can’t help himself, he’ll be back In court for this exact same matter shortly after the verdict is rendered because he will go on a drug addled truth social rant

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Randalor posted:

I'm kind of hoping it's like the Alex Jones case where some of the jurors didn't agree with the amount... because it wasn't high enough.

I don't.

I want it to be high enough.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Spiffster posted:

He can’t help himself, he’ll be back In court for this exact same matter shortly after the verdict is rendered because he will go on a drug addled truth social rant

Wait... "will"? He was during the trial.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
He was poo poo posting last night claiming he doesnt even know her still.

It still seems like he's trying to portray himself as fighting against the actual rape charge and not the money he owes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OgNar posted:

He was poo poo posting last night claiming he doesnt even know her still.

He literally did that in court today:

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Randalor posted:

I'm not sure the two are comparable, as Jones was able to "get out" of the absurdly-high judgment amounts through declaring various kinds of bankruptcies. (A stalling tactic to get the amount reduced.) If Trump is still intending to run for president, I suspect that might not be an option for him.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Morroque posted:

I'm not sure the two are comparable, as Jones was able to "get out" of the absurdly-high judgment amounts through declaring various kinds of bankruptcies. (A stalling tactic to get the amount reduced.)

Jones has not dodged his judgements; the bankruptcy court ruled the overwhelming majority of the judgements against him are not dischargeable. And he hasn't even finished all the cases against him, some of which he's even more blatantly liable than the one's he's already lost.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Cimber posted:

That's the way I really want to read the judge's charge to the jury about sending a note back if they'll be working late...on a friday. I really hope one juror just says "ONE BILLION DOLLARS" like Dr. Evil and the rest just shrug and say "sounds good to me!"

nerox
May 20, 2001

Morroque posted:

I'm not sure the two are comparable, as Jones was able to "get out" of the absurdly-high judgment amounts through declaring various kinds of bankruptcies. (A stalling tactic to get the amount reduced.) If Trump is still intending to run for president, I suspect that might not be an option for him.

Could you theoretically garnish a President's wages? :lol:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

mdemone posted:

Trump just posted, "...Carroll says, “Rape is sexy,” and numerous other things that totally exonerate me."

Pretty sure that in context she was saying the opposite and decrying media portrayal of rape.

However, it doesn't matter because in no way other than his imagination is that something that would exonerate him.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Randalor posted:

If I was in there I'd be happy with anything above a few tens of millions, because she's never going to see more than a tiny fraction of that, no matter how big or small the number.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

nerox posted:

Could you theoretically garnish a President's wages? :lol:

Probably not, the constitution actually says the president’s compensation may not be changed during his term

Now if a president ever had other sources of income they refused to relinquish upon entering office, then maybe we’d have something

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1750925366154174947

Oh it was established by a mere jury? 12 randos said that and we're supposed to just go along with it?

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury - a dozen stupid idiots picked up off the street said my client is guilty, but you fine, intelligent people surely can see how a group of total randos couldn't possibly be qualified to make that determination, when my client wasn't even here to testify [because he was golfing]! Also, the judge keeps trying to prevent me from telling you this critical information - that juries who rule against my client are untrustworthy and deserve everything they get. Just more proof that the system is rigged against us!"

- A tactic used by an actual honest to god lawyer somehow

Edit: the only possible worse thing she could have said would be "You've seen how going against my client ruins peoples' lives. Think about your life and how nice it is. Wouldn't it be a shame if that changed?" ...and I'm kind of surprised she didn't.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 26, 2024

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Tesseraction posted:

I don't.

I want it to be high enough.
In Trump's mind, right now he is

1. Losing
2. A victim of having to pay money for something trivial
3. Told that he was wrong about something in a way he's not allowed to bullshit out of

There is no high enough. If Trump were somehow forced to give up ALL of his poo poo and had to live off an actual meager fraction of his Presidential pension after taxes he'd still be seeking revenge until the moment he dies.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

Probably not, the constitution actually says the president’s compensation may not be changed during his term

Now if a president ever had other sources of income they refused to relinquish upon entering office, then maybe we’d have something

It doesn’t change his compensation, just where his direct deposit goes.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

The Islamic Shock posted:

1. Losing
3. Told that he was wrong about something in a way he's not allowed to bullshit out of

There is no high enough. If Trump were somehow forced to give up ALL of his poo poo and had to live off an actual meager fraction of his Presidential pension after taxes he'd still be seeking revenge until the moment he dies.

Yeah, he can't not continue to fight the fight he's already lost. Better, he has to fight it with the same tactics because only then could he have been right all along.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The Islamic Shock posted:

1. Losing

This is underestimating the Trump greed at play here.

If they start effectively collecting he will start shutting up, by which I mean not specifically saying the same slander but just dancing up to it and then doing a little shrug and saying “I can’t say anything else tho. Rigged witch hunt, amirite?”

If they start effectively collecting damages.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1750994748322574762

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

mdemone posted:

If I was in there I'd be happy with anything above a few tens of millions, because she's never going to see more than a tiny fraction of that, no matter how big or small the number.

I want to see a judgement of at least half a billion in punitive. Good luck appealing it in New York, where he'd have to pony that up (on top of what he's already escrowed for judgement #1).

Whether he appeals again or not he doesn't have access to half a billion; he'd bankrupt the GOP - in an election year

I maintain he has no money of his own, and nothing real that isn't already leveraged halfway to Mars. So this could get fun.

I doubt we'll see the ultimate poetic justice of TRump financially obliterating the GOP as a party. Fun to imagine, though.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 26, 2024

gregday
May 23, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

I want to see a judgement of at least half a billion in punitive. Good luck appealing it in New York, where he'd have to pony that up (on top of what he's already escrowed for judgement #1). whether he appeals again or not he doesn't have access to half a billion; he;d bankrupt the GOP.

I maintain he has no money of his own, and nothing real that isn't already leveraged halfway to Mars. So this could get fun.

If Letitia James gets anywhere close to the $370m she's asking for in NY, I suspect it's going to go a long way toward bankrupting him.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Well that was fast. Jury is done.

I'm gonna guess somewhere around 75Mil

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1750996212621172761

I can't pretend I was going to do anything social this evening but now I'm glued to the screen.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

https://nitter.cz/innercitypress

For live info

Edit:

Andy (clerk): 7.1 million... 11 million... punitives: $65 million

gregday
May 23, 2003

Cimber posted:

Well that was fast. Jury is done.

I'm gonna guess somewhere around 75Mil

Awfully close.

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1750997120130105705

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

While 65 million is low compared to what we wanted to see, it's still a LOT of money, especially considering we all know Trump isn't actually a Billionaire.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

drat, nice! That's more money he has to pony up if he appeals. I'd be very amused if she demanded her money immediately.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

83.3 million actually

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Given the Trump corporation decision is due by Wednesday at the latest this is going to be a good week for people who hate a specific piece of poo poo from New York.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

Given the Trump corporation decision is due by Wednesday at the latest this is going to be a good week for people who hate a specific piece of poo poo from New York.

I am just so loving TIRED of hearing about this son of a bitch. I really am. He is just exhausting and toxic, and he inspires toxicity in others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The poor pissbaby and his attournies couldn't even be assed to show up to hear the actual damages.