Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wake me up when it’s the chocolate covered ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

Wake me up when it’s the chocolate covered ones

You're a chocoholic

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Beachcomber posted:

It's not really exclusive if anyone can join.

"I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members." - Groucho Marx

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Smugworth posted:

You're a chocoholic

Yes 🗿

Speaking of which - Are the 4-pack Tiramisus near the salamis any good by the way?

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

digital penitence posted:

hello, old friend. It's been so long!

I haven't tried this brand but this is one of those things I always want to like but then they turn into a sticky paste in the mouth that tastes of regret.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

AcidCat posted:

I haven't tried this brand but this is one of those things I always want to like but then they turn into a sticky paste in the mouth that tastes of regret.

Hey hey, gently caress you

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Bum the Sad posted:

Hey hey, gently caress you

Fierce Defender of Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels has entered the thread, bringing Heated Emotion, ready for battle.

I concede due to your superior mental investment in this food product and apologize for any offense given.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

AcidCat posted:

Fierce Defender of Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels has entered the thread, bringing Heated Emotion, ready for battle.

I concede due to your superior mental investment in this food product and apologize for any offense given.

Hey, gently caress you, you should own up to your opinions.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

They are ok. I wouldn’t ever buy them but if someone does I’ll have some.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Costco thread is a minefield today. I think the last ones I tried were Kroger brand, and it was an unpleasant experience.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Trader Joes probably has the best peanut butter filled pretzels.

Sprouts has a gluten free brand that is shockingly better then most but its $7 for a 12 oz bag.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

They are ok. I wouldn’t ever buy them but if someone does I’ll have some.

Oh, them's fightin words.
How dare you find them acceptable? Middle of the road coward!

pentyne posted:

Trader Joes probably has the best peanut butter filled pretzels.

Sprouts has a gluten free brand that is shockingly better then most but its $7 for a 12 oz bag.
Pretty jealous here. Seven bucks for a bag that big would be a good price up here.
GF pretzels are a special treat in my house.

The GF pizza we get at Costco is a pretty good base. Add some of your own toppings, and a little extra cheese: perfect.
Unfortunately any GF pizzas I've found are all thin crust style.
The fluffy, chewy goodness remains forbidden.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 26, 2024

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Those PB pretzel Bites are delicious. My wife loves them so I try not to eat very many, when I want just a little salty something through it's nice to grab a handful.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

i do not enjoy peanut butter pretzels, but i keep them around to prevent myself from eating every snack in the house when i’m high as balls. keeps me in good graces with mrs mammal

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Y'all missing the Utz Pub Mix in that photo which is really where it's at.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
If you want to live dangerously you buy the chocolate covered smores with the kettle cooked caramel, and the regular peanut butter pretzels, and you eat them in a 1:2 combination.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Hire more food court staff, you cowards!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Picked up the mushroom and truffle pizzas the other day - they are exceptionally good for a frozen pizza.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

sometimes when I want something sweet I dip the PB pretzels into a little jam

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you can have like, actually-japanese teriyaki without it, but you can't have seattle teriyaki without it

Ugh, they all have sesame. My husband developed a sesame allergy recently and navigating that has been a minefield. I am sad. :smith:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

seattle teriyaki

I'm not 100% sure if you're talking about this but those small teriyaki places out there were the best things ever when I lived there 12+ years ago. White rice, giant chicken teriyaki breast, little salad with the Asian dressing.... $7. It was amazing.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
thats exactly what im talkin about

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

thats exactly what im talkin about

:smith: Someday I'll get my teriyaki again.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

you can have like, actually-japanese teriyaki without it, but you can't have seattle teriyaki without it

Wait holy poo poo what

I've never bought the sauce myself but as a lifelong King County resident who has had plenty of Seattle teriyaki how tf did I not know. Guess I'm going to Costco tomorrow at opening

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm not 100% sure if you're talking about this but those small teriyaki places out there were the best things ever when I lived there 12+ years ago. White rice, giant chicken teriyaki breast, little salad with the Asian dressing.... $7. It was amazing.

Yep good stuff, it's just $ 14 now.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AcidCat posted:

Yep good stuff, it's just $ 14 now.

Yeah, that part I assumed. I left in 2012 after my rent was going up $100 every year.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Oh my God yes^at some lil family owned hole in the wall on Pac Ave
The lunch deal would be 5.99
There'd be a couple fat twisted slices of ripe orange as a garnish and fortune cookie.
Coffee with cream, the Tacoma news Tribune and a couple hours of heavenly slow eating

:swoon:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Oh my loving god is that what it is?? I need it in my life yesterday.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gonna go to Costco tomorrow

Hoping to find that sauce

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Spinz posted:

Oh my God yes^at some lil family owned hole in the wall on Pac Ave
The lunch deal would be 5.99
There'd be a couple fat twisted slices of ripe orange as a garnish and fortune cookie.
Coffee with cream, the Tacoma news Tribune and a couple hours of heavenly slow eating

:swoon:

The lunch specials are the only ones I ever got. I worked at Google for 2 years as a temp (almost everyone in the building was a temp besides the contract manager person who had an office lol) in Kirkland where I lived and the catering there was god awful. The building was hastily built and had a big parking garage and everything but holy poo poo did everyone complain about the food. Like, I don't know how that catering company existed because it was just sooooo bad. But we were all poor so we just kinda dealt with it.

The teriyaki place nearby was a godsend.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the og-qua-og one is this

https://www.toshisgrill.com/product/toshi-s-teriyaki-sauce-3-pack/79

but they don't sell that specific one in costco. but the main difference from japanese-qua-japanese teriyaki is ginger, garlic and long marination anyways, so the one they have in costco will do

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

AcidCat posted:

this is one of those things I always want to like but then they turn into a sticky paste in the mouth that tastes of regret.

That’s what she said

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The lunch specials are the only ones I ever got. I worked at Google for 2 years as a temp (almost everyone in the building was a temp besides the contract manager person who had an office lol) in Kirkland where I lived and the catering there was god awful. The building was hastily built and had a big parking garage and everything but holy poo poo did everyone complain about the food. Like, I don't know how that catering company existed because it was just sooooo bad. But we were all poor so we just kinda dealt with it.

The teriyaki place nearby was a godsend.

TVC land is the worst. goondolences

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

did they have you pushing racks or doing rounds?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
first party recipe, btw:

https://bachans.com/blogs/recipes/classic-seattle-teriyaki-beef

never seen it without marinading overnight in actual places, tho, but that may just be restaurant logistics things

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TrashMammal posted:

did they have you pushing racks or doing rounds?

I don't know what TVC is but we literally drew Google maps roads and poo poo in Europe mostly.

I was in charge of the "polygon team." That's when we started drawing buildings and I was just decent at judging building foundation shapes by the shadows in the really lovely satellite images.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

I don't know what TVC is but we literally drew Google maps roads and poo poo in Europe mostly.

I was in charge of the "polygon team." That's when we started drawing buildings and I was just decent at judging building foundation shapes by the shadows in the really lovely satellite images.

TVC is a designation that’s also used as slur by googlers for temps, vendors. and contractors

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I bought that BBQ sauce cause everybody was talking about it, excited to make some (Seattle?) teriyaki

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TrashMammal posted:

TVC is a designation that’s also used as slur by googlers for temps, vendors. and contractors

You'd think the people getting hosed over would have a slur for the actual employees who get benefits. Even raises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

You'd think the people getting hosed over would have a slur for the actual employees who get benefits. Even raises.

there is, it’s “googler”