Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Randalor posted:

The poor pissbaby and his attournies couldn't even be assed to show up to hear the actual damages.

Habba was apparently there https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1750998254009856494

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That's another $88-mil the GOP has to pony up!

:homebrew:

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

PainterofCrap posted:

That's another $88-mil the GOP state of Florida has to pony up!

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/columns/2023/11/12/florida-cfo-jimmy-patronis-wants-state-tax-to-pay-trumps-legal-fees/71501816007/

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

PainterofCrap posted:

Can't waut to see how much it'll be the next time we do this, maybe next year/month.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

PainterofCrap posted:

With the original 5 verdict he has to put up collateral of 98M to appeal both lol.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Did the judge ever admonish Habba over showing up at the Trump party when she was supposedly unable to go to court because she supposedly had COVID?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Talk poo poo, get hit (for $83.3 million in damages)

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

withak posted:

It doesn’t change his compensation, just where his direct deposit goes.

You must be a lawyer. I say that with respect, fwiw.

gregday
May 23, 2003

edit: wrong thread

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So, now the logical thing for Trump to do is to go onto Truth.com and rant about the verdict and defame Carroll AGAIN so he have another trial.
Because going "double or nothing!" On Civil Suits is just a winning strategy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Question IRL posted:

So, now the logical thing for Trump to do is to go onto Truth.com and rant about the verdict and defame Carroll AGAIN so he have another trial.

i am just picturing trump as shake in the aqua teen bookie episode.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
In his mind he’s never paying a dime. His whole plan is take back the presidency and not be accountable for anything. He probably already has a plan to weaponise the DOJ against Carrol.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Also as a blast from the past, here is when I predicted Trump would defame Carrol after he lost the first trial, in the dim distant past of 2023.

The Question IRL posted:

Isn't one of the main things that Trump is repeating the remarks that were found to be liable on Tuesday.
Like regardless of his intention to appeal, by repeating those remarks it's essentially another case of Defamation and should in theory result in another hefty fine. With the proviso that CNN could be liable for broadcasting this, knowing that he was likely to say it on air.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
So if/when he violates it again they’d have to up the punitive portion significantly, right? Since apparently $80M didn’t have the intended impact?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

The Question IRL posted:

I'm guessing before midnight

Edit at above: yes and we're all waiting to see which Trump has more of, greed or pride, because never before have the twain conflicted this much for him

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

And here's your right-wing marching orders:

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1751001545527734608?s=20

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

So if/when he violates it again they’d have to up the punitive portion significantly, right? Since apparently $80M didn’t have the intended impact?

He already did this afternoon. Also twice yesterday and once on Wednesday evening.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

I had to click to confirm this was the hack sportswriter. Weird.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Azrial posted:

I had to click to confirm this was the hack sportswriter. Weird.

Yeah he's gone chud podcast

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

haveblue posted:

Probably not, the constitution actually says the president’s compensation may not be changed during his term

Now if a president ever had other sources of income they refused to relinquish upon entering office, then maybe we’d have something

Wages/compensation are taxable gross earnings. A garnishment is an after tax deduction that impacts your take home pay but isn’t part of your compensation

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

And that is why there is a whole warlock subclass about using swords!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

Can't waut to see how much it'll be the next time we do this, maybe next year/month.

Trump is whining about how "This isn't america!!! ;(" so it seems he's learning. But lets give it a few days when he forgets how he has to frame things and denies raping Carroll.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Zapp Brannigan posted:

83.3 million actually

That’s a good number. I like that number.

Between this and James’s civil fraud trial we might see Trump try to and declare bankruptcy while running for president.

If nothing else that sucking sound you hear is Trump draining the GoP coffers just when they need every penny to spam ads.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Trump is whining about how "This isn't america!!! ;(" so it seems he's learning. But lets give it a few days when he forgets how he has to frame things and denies raping Carroll.

Four times since Wednesday

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

I hate how they all just lie about what just happened all the damned time.

It’s just gotten to be standard practice now to just ignore what we all observed and just make something up.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

For some reason when I read that tweet my brain thought it was Ms Carroll thanking the court staff, from the way she was acting I would have expected Habba to just storm out flipping both birds to the judge and jury. Well, general vicinity of the jury.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Murgos posted:

I hate how they all just lie about what just happened all the damned time.

It’s just gotten to be standard practice now to just ignore what we all observed and just make something up.

Don't confuse the tactics of fascism with common practice. That's the first step toward letting it happen.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ynglaur posted:

You must be a lawyer. I say that with respect, fwiw.

Sir or madam you can't just throw around insults like that.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
A lot of people are talking about this, but all link to this, cant seem to find any more on it.

https://twitter.com/RollinReisinger/status/1750971969934180627

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I don't think there is interesting discovery in that type of case like the tweeter is implying. It should be a pretty straight forward here's your unpaid legal bills, pay me now.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

OgNar posted:

A lot of people are talking about this, but all link to this, cant seem to find any more on it.

https://twitter.com/RollinReisinger/status/1750971969934180627

https://archive.ph/8FbvC

New bankruptcy filing, claims Trump owes him legal fees.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Deteriorata posted:

Trump's defense will be that Rudy didn't do any actual lawyering

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

Trump's defense will be that Rudy didn't do any actual lawyering

At this rate, that might end up actually being true.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Deteriorata posted:

Rudy's go some real cajones to try and claim legal fees from a guy he never met, and only brought coffee to once.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Simplex posted:

I don't think there is interesting discovery in that type of case like the tweeter is implying. It should be a pretty straight forward here's your unpaid legal bills, pay me now.

I think the 'wild' part is how the judgement will be satisfied. Where will the money come from? What group of GOP donors will resemble a chorus of scorched cats?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Simplex posted:

Nothing is ever simple with Trump's legal matters. Guy tried to pay a lawyer with a horse.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lammasu posted:

Nothing is ever simple with Trump's legal matters. Guy tried to pay a lawyer with a horse.

That was Elon

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

mdemone posted:

That was Elon

No, Elon tried to pay a masseuse for a hand job with a horse. gently caress, forget bitcoin. Horses are the future of currency.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
if trump had faced these kind of repercussions when he deserved them motherfucking half a century ago we wouldn't be this loving deep in the poo poo right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

Lammasu posted:

No, Elon tried to pay a masseuse for a hand job with a horse. gently caress, forget bitcoin. Horses are the future of currency.

Hodl your horses.