Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

LifeSunDeath posted:

Goddamn LOL

SO MUCH WHINING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

If I got that case right, Habba was hired by Mar a Lago to go to the woman suing them and the manager for sexual harassment, presented herself as the woman's lawyer and not working for the defense, and said this is your best bet, sign this NDA/Settlement or we will lose this case and it will go real bad for you.

and is now looking at disbarment for wild ethics violations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

steinrokkan posted:

Your honor, we can't rule out the possibility of milidollars

Monopoly money

Or

McDonalds hamberders

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I think Trump just canceled his Arizona fundraising event, so I fully expect him to bring that back because looks like someone needs some money.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Biden controls the NY civil courts and managed to stack the jury with sleeper agents?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I didnt see this before I joked that Trump thought this was directed by Biden :lmao:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Vire posted:

whoops meant $88 million. $5.5 million for the first and $83 for the second.

He's probably spent $10M on lawyers so far so you're not that wrong

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

I said come in! posted:

I didnt see this before I joked that Trump thought this was directed by Biden :lmao:

Uh... he's been doing that the entire time.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

As an experienced court watcher, lol. Lmao, even.

And yes, the court is gonna tap the sign saying it accepts bank checks for the right to appeal the judgment. Toss this on the other pile of millions already waiting for Carroll, chilling in a court account collecting interest.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raku posted:

He's probably spent $10M on lawyers so far so you're not that wrong

Trump doesn't pay his lawyers so he's spent nothing.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Imagine paying 2.5 million to Habba for that defense

Lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Accipiter posted:

Uh... he's been doing that the entire time.

okay fair and that is my bad, I have to admit I mostly gloss over everything he says because its so stupid.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

I want to say he was inspired by Caesar, but there's no way Trump knows anything about Caesar
Great businessman that Caesar. Slings one hell of a pie. Very savvy. But he's no TRUMP.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1750931300582559823?s=20

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

Imagine paying 2.5 million to Habba for that defense

Lmao

hope she got paid in cash 'cause that check gonna be canceled or bounce.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

patriots.win having a real normal one about this news lmao, saying she should have her throat slit, etc

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

winterwerefox posted:

If I got that case right, Habba was hired by Mar a Lago to go to the woman suing them and the manager for sexual harassment, presented herself as the woman's lawyer and not working for the defense, and said this is your best bet, sign this NDA/Settlement or we will lose this case and it will go real bad for you.

and is now looking at disbarment for wild ethics violations.

Not entirely accurate, she advised the plaintiff to ghost her own already retained lawyer, and instead take counsel from her. Which is illegal in itself, afaik.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

kw0134 posted:

As an experienced court watcher, lol. Lmao, even.

And yes, the court is gonna tap the sign saying it accepts bank checks for the right to appeal the judgment. Toss this on the other pile of millions already waiting for Carroll, chilling in a court account collecting interest.

I'm seriously betting Trump doesn't even appeal it after someone tells him there is one weird trick to escape the judgement once he is reelected.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Funny that Trump got owned but even funnier that we got to see a lawyer get eviscerated in real time. Like, holy poo poo I've had some bad days at my job but that sort of "you suck" verbal beatdown coming from a peer is unreal.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Trump might have decided to just sit there in the court room, with his arms crossed, and stare ahead at the wall. Then the courts would be unable to get him to pay his fine.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Caesar? the guy with the brain thing who leads a bunch of red clad dudes who think women are inferior and rape is marriage?

I can see it

steinrokkan posted:

Not entirely accurate, she advised the plaintiff to ghost her own already retained lawyer, and instead take counsel from her. Which is illegal in itself, afaik.

ah, i missed the part where Habba convinced the plaintiff to drop her current lawyer.

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 26, 2024

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hollismason posted:

It'd be hilarious if the judge sentenced him to 200 hours of community service.

2,272 hours of community service, to be served before Nov 5th, 2024. Keep him busy cleaning up trash on the highway til election day.

Also, they should just keep calling the exact same jurors back for each defamation trial, just make them more and more sick of this poo poo.

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

One aspect to this is Trump’s already been held liable for his "Carroll's lying about the rape and you should make her life miserable" campaign. So this second trial was for the continuation of that, but how much extra damage could he have done with the exact same statements? So there was likely to be a lower amount with the real question being how much in punative damaged.

But if he keeps doing it then logically the punitive wasn't punitive enough, no?

They need to keep going until they find the number that does make him shut up.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

the mar-a-largo house spotify feed right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkXtt0bemFU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Habba may lose her license but she has a lucrative career locked up as Fox News legal personality and grift circuit guest speaker

She may even be tapped to replace wine mom on The Five

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol I hope Engoron does the funniest thing on Monday

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

2,272 hours of community service, to be served before Nov 5th, 2024. Keep him busy cleaning up trash on the highway til election day.

Also, they should just keep calling the exact same jurors back for each defamation trial, just make them more and more sick of this poo poo.

I am pretty sure all the jurors are going to have to spend 2024 worrying their names are going to be leaked and someone is going to firebomb their house.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I can already see the ads being cut for the home stretch "Donald Trump ended Roe vs Wade and was ordered to pay the woman he raped nearly $90 million dollars. "

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
This might be a stupid question, but what if he just flat-out refuses to pay? He hasn't been subtle about framing all this as political persecution, so I wouldn't put it past him to 1) try to ignore the warning, and 2) daring the authorities to come at him aggressively, fueling his victimhood complex, but what does that look like, exactly? At what point can they start forcibly seizing assets, and who are "they" exactly?

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

kazil posted:

lol I hope Engoron does the funniest thing on Monday

Turns Trump Org business licenses into confetti and fires them out of an air cannon with party favor fwee! sounds at the reading of the verdict.

Blurred posted:

This might be a stupid question, but what if he just flat-out refuses to pay? He hasn't been subtle about framing all this as political persecution, so I wouldn't put it past him to 1) try to ignore the warning, and 2) daring the authorities to come at him aggressively, fueling his victimhood complex, but what does that look like, exactly? At what point can they start forcibly seizing assets, and who are "they" exactly?

She can go to the sheriff and put a lien on his properties, as she has a legal order for restitution. There was a case where someone won a case against a bank, and when the bank ignored it, they went to a local branch office with a sheriff and started taking desks and computers.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/bank-america-florida-foreclosed-angry-homeowner-bofa/story?id=13775638

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 26, 2024

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Blurred posted:

Assuming he appeals, which he will, then they just take the verdict money he had to put up as collateral to do so.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1751004580618584360?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Every Trump trial unearths new crazy lols. The criminal ones really will be the entertainment events of the century.

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!
Habba speaking. lol

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Blurred posted:

She's realistic not going to see any money for several years.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

javi posted:

Habba speaking. lol

Objection!

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Blurred posted:

His poo poo gets seized. Courts can put out an order that the bank has to simply disburse funds, and they can also order that control of assets get transfered to an appointee of the court, who can liquidate things as they see appropriate to get the judgment.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Big Mac posted:

His poo poo gets seized. Courts can put out an order that the bank has to simply disburse funds, and they can also order that control of assets get transfered to an appointee of the court, who can liquidate things as they see appropriate to get the judgment.

There's a lot of stuff that has to happen before that

Vakal
May 11, 2008
That would be even funnier as it's been mentioned that a main part of Trump's real-estate scam is never selling his properties so no one ever really knows what they are worth.

So if the bank starts seizing stuff to sell off, and it turns out they are worth much less than he claims, it could cause everything to collapse real fast.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Hollismason posted:

If Trump appeals he is realistically not going to have any of it for several years either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Hollismason posted:

but if he appeals, he can't touch that money either. i'm mostly curious what happens if the trump organization is killed next week and properties are liquidated to pay those fines, does carroll get a cut of those proceeds or is it limited to ny state?