Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Nessus posted:

At a certain point, what's the point of having all these varied play styles if it's going to collapse down into this?

Despite the very experimental nature of cross map powers like teleporters, Twins, Artist and Nemesis zombies it physically isn't possible for a killer to engage with more than one survivor at a time barring extreme edge cases like "you're Pyramid Head and you down somebody who is on death hook and condemned AND you are immediately chasing the person next to them who jogged beside them or something I dunno." Every killer eventually isolates on one person. They can only obfuscate it so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Nessus posted:

At a certain point, what's the point of having all these varied play styles if it's going to collapse down into this?

Luckily, a significant portion of the player base still plays to have fun. The varied play styles are for the people actually trying to enjoy the game.

Gen rushing survivors and tunneling killers aren't playing to have fun, they're playing to win, even at the cost of removing most of the gameplay and interactions from the match.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Was it announced if they fixed the NTH bug on Onryo? Because I would very much like to get my full Wesker aura back. I have a lot of problem with the Crows.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
God drat this is like a workshop on how to gently caress up a PTB. I'm impressed this is bad even by BHVR standards.

STBFL still can be used to basically deny any hook trades end game. Still a perk that encourages tunnelling
Onyro dumpstered for seemingly no reason following decent changes.
Blight has literally been buffed.
Still no discussion on Buckle up + FTP.
Alan Wake's perks still kinda trash
Quick gambit renerfed to uselessness.

But the hillbilly changes are nice I guess...

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I've read the onryo changes more closely this time and yeah I hadn't quite put it together how much this ruins her again. BU/FTP still being a thing is inexcusable, too.

eta:

place your bets now, folks

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Relyssa posted:

All the Plague hate is entirely correct and justified. However, as I main a low-tier killer, Pig, having a nice broken killer to use occasionally when I get frustrated with the game really helps. Got bullied one too many times by nonsense medkits and FTP/BU combo shenanigans? Time to play a game or two of a killer that completely shuts down all that. I definitely would not play her every game, as I don't think most survivors deserve to be subjected to that, but I appreciate having a relief valve of sorts.

Belatedly I don't think that Plague is somehow bad or you shouldn't play her. I love Plague. I also main Pinhead and Nurse. I have zero desire to comment nor room to comment on anyone's favored killers, unless they're playing Wraith, in which case may I ask how many divorces you've gotten/are currently getting that made you play this way

lol, lmao @ the buff/nerf/re-buff. Literally just loving talk to Otzdarva for 10 minutes and you can save yourself these embarrassments, what is wrong with BHVR

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Belatedly I don't think that Plague is somehow bad or you shouldn't play her. I love Plague. I also main Pinhead and Nurse. I have zero desire to comment nor room to comment on anyone's favored killers, unless they're playing Wraith, in which case may I ask how many divorces you've gotten/are currently getting that made you play this way

lol, lmao @ the buff/nerf/re-buff. Literally just loving talk to Otzdarva for 10 minutes and you can save yourself these embarrassments, what is wrong with BHVR

I do legitimately feel bad for folks who have emetophobia, as that is difficult to deal with against Plague. But also I'm one of those poor unfortunates that just falls over and dies as soon as Dredge's nightfall kicks in so

i like pinhead and nurse a lot but they both give me ridiculous motion sickness. the camera sway on pinhead's chain is awful and nurse's fatigue state still sucks

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

I do legitimately feel bad for folks who have emetophobia, as that is difficult to deal with against Plague. But also I'm one of those poor unfortunates that just falls over and dies as soon as Dredge's nightfall kicks in so

i like pinhead and nurse a lot but they both give me ridiculous motion sickness. the camera sway on pinhead's chain is awful and nurse's fatigue state still sucks
Yeah, I wish they'd do an emetophobia mode for Plague. A colorswap for her "green power" to make it blue or something. Something as simple as removing the sounds she makes when she throws up/survivors throw up would go a long way, and you couldn't argue it's some kind of buff because it makes it harder to hear. Not emetophobic myself but know people who are.

Nurse used to be super disorienting for me to the point I thought I'd never play her but I barely notice it anymore, I'm largely in my own head calculating what blink to do next. That said, I've never been a particularly motion sick person.

Pinhead tip: I really don't do long range chains pretty much ever since you accomplish pretty much nothing for the travel time. I position the chain portal pretty much at their back so it barely flies at all and is nigh-guaranteed to hit them. If you have motion sickness that might help you.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Yeah, I wish they'd do an emetophobia mode for Plague. A colorswap for her "green power" to make it blue or something. Something as simple as removing the sounds she makes when she throws up/survivors throw up would go a long way, and you couldn't argue it's some kind of buff because it makes it harder to hear. Not emetophobic myself but know people who are.

Nurse used to be super disorienting for me to the point I thought I'd never play her but I barely notice it anymore, I'm largely in my own head calculating what blink to do next. That said, I've never been a particularly motion sick person.

Pinhead tip: I really don't do long range chains pretty much ever since you accomplish pretty much nothing for the travel time. I position the chain portal pretty much at their back so it barely flies at all and is nigh-guaranteed to hit them. If you have motion sickness that might help you.

I actually do have emetophobia but for some reason Plague's doesn't trigger it for me. Pretty much every other depiction I've seen in media has, which is odd.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The coolest thing about plague is the matches are usually fast. She can cause an altruism spiral or make smart use of positional knowledge to use a red puke window to get to a winning position, so can win really suddenly. Or endgame happens and pressure evaporates as everyone drinks up at once for free heals and gets out of there immediately. Despite the swinginess she's a very balanced killer.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Relyssa posted:

I actually do have emetophobia but for some reason Plague's doesn't trigger it for me. Pretty much every other depiction I've seen in media has, which is odd.

Friend of a friend was literally so happy when the DC bots were enabled because they actually cannot play against plague and now they don't feel like they're 100% condemning the team.

Tiny Myers posted:

Yeah, I wish they'd do an emetophobia mode for Plague. A colorswap for her "green power" to make it blue or something. Something as simple as removing the sounds she makes when she throws up/survivors throw up would go a long way, and you couldn't argue it's some kind of buff because it makes it harder to hear.

Make the green power blue and the red one can stay. Replace the puking noises on survivors to their coughing (like they do with Nemesis infection) Redo the HUD infection dial to a simple blue/red circle. I think that would fix a lot of it, save for the actual "liquid projectile comes from killer's face" part.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I'd never judge anyone who DCs against Plague for that reason, honestly. It's frustrating that BHVR has gone on record saying they wouldn't do a spider-themed killer because of arachnophobia but they ignore how common and debilitating emetophobia is. Some of the sounds make my stomach turn (TW) like when you cancel an attack and Plague makes a swallowing noise, agh and I'm pretty resilient to that poo poo.

I know you can't expect to counter literally every fear, e.g. fear of clowns or fear of dolls, but the inability to accommodate everything does not mean accommodate nothing. Like curiousTerminal said there's just a lot of very simple changes you could have for an accessibility toggle to reduce the severity.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Nessus posted:

Without a full redesign of the way the game works it's always just going to require the killer having no actual ability beyond chasing someone and stabbing them. It's dumb and bad but they're too deep to back out at this point

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm reasonably sure "emetophobia accessibility mode" could be done by just changing the sounds. I'm not super grossed out by vomit but what little is there that bothers me personally is all sound-related. I know for some people there's a visual component, but between how dark the game is, how much other stuff is going on, different perspectives etc. if they're going to do anything, changing sounds would probably be a lot more helpful than visuals

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

I'd never judge anyone who DCs against Plague for that reason, honestly. It's frustrating that BHVR has gone on record saying they wouldn't do a spider-themed killer because of arachnophobia but they ignore how common and debilitating emetophobia is. Some of the sounds make my stomach turn (TW) like when you cancel an attack and Plague makes a swallowing noise, agh and I'm pretty resilient to that poo poo.

Yeah, the sounds are easily the worst part. The spoilered bit especially. I wouldn't mind visual options as well but the sound is what really gets to me sometimes.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Relyssa posted:

I've read the onryo changes more closely this time and yeah I hadn't quite put it together how much this ruins her again. BU/FTP still being a thing is inexcusable, too.

eta:

place your bets now, folks

On the one hand it's nice that they're not just plugging their ears and pretending this is fine. On the other hand it'd be nice if a team of professional game developers wouldn't just poo poo the bed time and time again, because for some bizarre reason this poo poo just keeps happening.

E: like if you're a professional game designer, and you need loving community feedback to understand "yeah survivors can just permanently hold on to tapes now and deposit them at will because there's zero risk of having a tape now, thus massively nerfing the killer's power" is a stupid loving idea, you shouldn't be in a position to make these kinds of decisions.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 26, 2024

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

BHVR Guy One: Hey these Sadako changes are going over like a lead balloon, should we just not do them? We even have a build in PTB that people seem to like

BHVR Guy Two: No do them anyway and we'll change it a month from now maybe

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

They buffed the Blight.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

They buffed the Blight.

This right here is why I will never listen to BHVR defenders. They have no clue what they're doing, and this proves it.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Kwolok posted:

I'm excited to find out that somehow the blight changes buff him.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

They buffed the Blight.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1750911601589252246

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Is it just gonna be the Dredge's nightfall but for everyone all the time?

It is, isn't it?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Is it just gonna be the Dredge's nightfall but for everyone all the time?

It is, isn't it?

Yes. Which will be unplayable for me. I cannot deal with nightfall whatsoever.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

Yes. Which will be unplayable for me. I cannot deal with nightfall whatsoever.

I'm really glad BHVR is trying new things but this sounds like a horrendous nightmare for no benefit whatsoever for survivors and it's just going to send kill rates into the high 90s lol

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Umbreon posted:

I'm really glad BHVR is trying new things but this sounds like a horrendous nightmare for no benefit whatsoever for survivors and it's just going to send kill rates into the high 90s lol

they should try new things like nerfing nurse and blight and not making low tier killers even worse for no reason

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I dunno based on that trailer I don't get "permanent Nightfall" I get "extra thick black mist and even day naps are dark". Possibly with zero terror radius, but also zero scratch marks

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I'm guessing no TR and no red stain for killers, but they'll somehow forget to also handle lullabies because Freddy can't have nice things.

Medullah posted:

I dunno based on that trailer I don't get "permanent Nightfall" I get "extra thick black mist and even day naps are dark". Possibly with zero terror radius, but also zero scratch marks

Of course day naps are dark, you have your eyes closed oh ho ho gottem

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

Yeah I tend to agree with this, which is funny because upon first hearing about it I totally thought it was Dredge all the time.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Umbreon posted:

gently caress them survivors

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Nessus posted:

gently caress them survivors

Haha yeah gently caress them, those toxic assholes should just quit and killers can stab bots all day

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Umbreon posted:

Haha yeah gently caress them, those toxic assholes should just quit and killers can stab bots all day
*presses the CTRL key repeatedly for obscure purposes*

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

can you guys take it to the reddit comments section

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Tiny Myers posted:

can you guys take it to the reddit comments section

the optional new game mode people have been clamoring for for the last 6 and a half years may be [choose one!] killer/survivor sided from a teaser trailer with no detail, clearly this is bhvr [choose one!] babying killers/babying survivors and is proof that [choose one!] the game is dying/bhvr is scared/bhvr ran out of ideas/(fill in the blank)

please resume your regularly scheduled Us Vs Them argument now that the talking points have been updated

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

no items either apparently

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Babe Magnet posted:

no items either apparently

Where did you see that? I see a bunch of people on Reddit and Twitter talking about how bad the new mode is but unless I'm missing something they have only given the teaser as info

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I like how we got that survey with a list of several fun/cool options and we get Nightfall but for killers too :effort:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pants Donkey posted:

I like how we got that survey with a list of several fun/cool options and we get Nightfall but for killers too :effort:

Yes but see those other game modes require development time, testing and things like that.

This is just toggling Nightfall for everyone 24/7.

And probably somehow making it so the Knight can now fly and must be killswitched for three months.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
They'll killswitch dredge because he'll have all his night time buffs permanently because it never occurred to anyone at bhvr to try the new mode as him.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

My suspicion is that there will only be a limited selection of killers and perks you can use in the game mode, probably killswitching anything that gives off auras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Medullah posted:

Where did you see that? I see a bunch of people on Reddit and Twitter talking about how bad the new mode is but unless I'm missing something they have only given the teaser as info

huh I thought for sure Otz had a short conversation with someone on twitter about it but i can't find it anymore. no idea then yeah