Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Oxyclean posted:

I'm slightly confused by this, looking at Legendary Spheres, they're 10 paldium, 5 pal metal ingots, 3 carbon fiber and 5 cement.

That seems like a really steep cost. Or are legendary spheres just that steep in how much higher of a catch chance?

They kinda are, you can toss them at most sub 40 things at 100% health and get a catch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

I'm slightly confused by this, looking at Legendary Spheres, they're 10 paldium, 5 pal metal ingots, 3 carbon fiber and 5 cement.

That seems like a really steep cost. Or are legendary spheres just that steep in how much higher of a catch chance?

Those are all extremely easy to get in surplus compared to needing refined ingots.

-paldium: crush rocks
- pal metal: ore plus paldium
- carbon fiber: burn wood to make charcoal to make
- cement: stones, bones, pal fluids.

The only limiting factors are ore(you should have a huge surplus from a ore mining base), bones and pal fluids.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
If only there was some sort of liquid skeleton Pal that poo poo out liquid and bones at the ranch

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gyoru posted:

Gamepass to Steam people:
https://github.com/Z1ni/XGP-save-extractor

The Gamepass save extractor got updated with Palworld support so you can keep your progress.

Haven't tested it myself since I've been on Steam entirely

This worked like a charm btw, thanks again. See you in hell, gamepass version of Palworld!

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Pal oil needs are way too high with no real farming method.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Go mammoth hunting

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Or buy it with your huge surplus of money

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

socialsecurity posted:

Just buy it. Merchant in the NE desert town, or on the coast south of the volcano.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Khanstant posted:

I was wrong to argue there's no satire or parody going on, but the earnestness and function overrides it in a way that feels genuine to the world without cynicism about what it is, but that doesn't mean they never thought about how it reflected on poo poo in pkmn games or the Pokemon they were making a version of. Most of the designs come off as just making their own fun creatures with text to fit in the world/civ/ecology or make a new version of a Pokemon they liked over wanting to just delve into the more hosed up Pokedex entries and monsters.

I guess the distinction I'm trying to reach for is that between a satire that emerges from the process and the natural design questions you ask along the way versus setting out to dive into the problems family friendly Nintendo game ethos dances around. I would also have to argue that distinction isn't very important and just leaning into all the poo poo that is necessarily in here or implied logically makes for more effective satire anyway.

Oh for sure, one of the reasons I like Palworld is the earnestness and consistency that was put into the worldbuilding that the devs do have going on. I've never been pulled out of the game and go "really? You added that though even though it doesn't make any sense??"

Even the easter egg Isekai'd NPC I found was more of a "lol yeah I can see it, also fair play" than an "ugh really?" moment.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Hold on, has anyone tested if Vixy drops depend on the ground item spawns the ranch is in? Because in higher level zones 2nd tier pal balls and stuff like handgun ammo can spawn.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

socialsecurity posted:

They need some kind of hunting lodge, where you can assign pals to hunt certain element types and get their drops. Make it region specific to encourage pushing your base building to high difficulty areas. Or give captured humans a niche value, they can be assigned to hunt and you equip them with weapons, higher tiers give better drops.

Even killing mammoths, it's only 5 HQ oil per kill. Even by the game logic that's not nearly enough oil.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

pentyne posted:

They need some kind of hunting lodge, where you can assign pals to hunt certain element types and get their drops. Make it region specific to encourage pushing your base building to high difficulty areas. Or give captured humans a niche value, they can be assigned to hunt and you equip them with weapons, higher tiers give better drops.

Even killing mammoths, it's only 5 HQ oil per kill. Even by the game logic that's not nearly enough oil.

Yeah I'd be down for that, I know you can buy it but having to buy a resource you need on a renewable basis for balls etc is just silly.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mammoths drop 7-10 oil in my experience

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Mammoths drop 7-10 oil in my experience

I thought it was a static number, I'm playing with the drop rate set at 3x so I always do the math in my head to estimate the normal settings. A ton of things only drop in quantities of 1, especially gun ammo from human enemies.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The pal sphere launcher says it's made on the weapon bench but it ain't there. Is it made on some later building?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SettingSun posted:

The pal sphere launcher says it's made on the weapon bench but it ain't there. Is it made on some later building?

Weapons workshop get a conveyor belt type upgrade eventually

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i havent made it but whats the purpose of the sphere launcher? you need to weaken the vast majority of pals to catch them which involves being somewhat near by, certainly in throwing distance

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

You don't need to weaken anything if you use a powerful enough sphere (and increase the capture rate in the settings).

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I want a visible dice roll so I can funnel my gambling disappointment at an anthropomorphized agent of RNG.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
They should have scrapped all the pokeballs and had you fulton them all away

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Rinkles posted:

I have a Pal that’s supposed to double drops from ground type pals, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Is it broken?

Do you mean Katress who buffs Neutral drops like wool, leather and eggs?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Countblanc posted:

i havent made it but whats the purpose of the sphere launcher? you need to weaken the vast majority of pals to catch them which involves being somewhat near by, certainly in throwing distance

It launches balls at high speed instead of the default limp-wrist throw range. Helpful for jittery targets and/or for extremely dangerous targets you'd prefer to stay away from.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kith posted:

It launches balls at high speed instead of the default limp-wrist throw range. Helpful for jittery targets and/or for extremely dangerous targets you'd prefer to stay away from.

Yes but most of those targets are going to be level 40+ so you still need to fight it right? At best you can just aim and shoot to quickly grab a bunch of level 10 and under pals because you are farming their drops or want to blend them into a 4*.

There's also the launcher upgrade that's apparently some kind of sphere shotgun? Does it take 1 sphere per use i.e the triple shot bow, or will using it take 10+ spheres because...why?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Man, I don't want to go through the effort of moving my ore base but it sucks way too bad not to.

My 1st base is kinda poo poo too, with not much space and no resources, but at least it's trivially defensible and not causing pathing issues

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I need to find a better Ore/Coal spot as well, but ugh it is tedious even with the grappling hook to scoot around while at 10,000 Lbs in my backpack

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Sab669 posted:

Yea I need to find a better Ore/Coal spot as well, but ugh it is tedious even with the grappling hook to scoot around while at 10,000 Lbs in my backpack

I got this spot off of reddit, 5 coal 8 ore, up on a plateau so I don't think raids get to it. The terrain is awfully lumpy for building though.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That's actually where I am, idk I must've accidentally put a Foundation over a spawn point or something because every time I go there I barely have poo poo in my boxes or to Mine myself.

Or maybe I should just finally replace my Digitoise with actual good miners now that I have a few options

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Tarezax posted:

Hold on, has anyone tested if Vixy drops depend on the ground item spawns the ranch is in? Because in higher level zones 2nd tier pal balls and stuff like handgun ammo can spawn.

wait wut

That kind of makes sense actually.

Edit: Does anyone know how long it takes for boss pals to respawn? I caught that lvl 11 Gumoss, walked away for a minute, then turned around and he was back already. I've yet to replicate that. The Penking dungeon one looks like it has a timer but that's the only one i've noticed it with.

Lt. Cock fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 27, 2024

Orv
May 4, 2011
If you're high enough level (35+ or so) to survive in the volcano area, there's a completely flat plateau absolutely filled with ore veins here;

Don't have the coords at the moment but it's basically two feet from the central volcano fast travel point.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you want a gorgeous coal base there is an island on the southwest of that volcano perfect for it. The road to it is a path of large flat rocks so I doubt raids can reach it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TeaJay posted:

I got around to finishing the tutorial at level 40 or so... rifle shots to the head (of Zoe) really made it quite easy.

Need to cap me a Grizzbolt when I find some.

At this point firearms are sorta the thing to use - I run the double-barrelled shotgun, rifle and the makeshift handcannon - I'm seeing an ancient tech spear in the skill tree, but is there an upgrade on the crossbow? Or are arrows just a backup if you run out of bullets (which are sort of expensive to craft)?

Why not go straight to the source?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
There's a massive dual coal/ore nodes at 190 -40 on a plateau you can wall off so none of the pals walk off and die.

I hit the 9999 ore max in a couple of hours.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

TeaJay posted:

Where can I get a merchant to employ at my base so I don't always have to run off buying wool and eggs and milk? Does the small settlement get angry if I try to employ the one there? I did meet one in the wild but he was just a pal merchant, not a general one.

I lucked into finding a merchant being attacked by PAL cultists. Tried to toss out my elephant to fight them off, but hit the wrong trigger button and threw a sphere instead. The merchant was so wounded that it captured him, and now he lives in my base and thanks me for saving him every time I buy something.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Well, as long as he's happy...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

OgNar posted:

Do you mean Katress who buffs Neutral drops like wool, leather and eggs?

Vaelet. Same text as Katress except for Ground pals.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Rinkles posted:

Vaelet. Same text as Katress except for Ground pals.

Well poo poo, i gotta try that out later.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat this game runs so much better with dlss

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

explosivo posted:

drat this game runs so much better with dlss

I wonder what the holdup is with the game pass version. I think it’s mostly at parity otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hm, it feels like once you get access to bees, putting those in a pasture might be an easy way to manage food? Doesn't expire, and restores sanity without any processing step, could let you cut out watering and planting out of your base unless you need to make cakes I guess? The bees do have other things they can do so they might get distracted though.