Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

goblin week posted:

that rules actually. sorry you got owned

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the USPS reddit is the same

delivering bags of dog food ordered from amazon is a meme

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Double owned, I guess, because my employer's sub is for customers and god forbid we try to take it over or just have our own employee space. That would be a big problem with our bosses. :(

I did get my return done, though.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

steinrokkan posted:

I went to the Ikea Reddit recently and it was the exact opposite, full of ostensibly regular employees being overly helpful and taking about their IKEAtm LifestyleTM outside of their job responsibilities. It was uncanny and unpleasant enough I gave up on trying to find the information I wanted and slowly backed away while maintaining eye contact. Hopefully they were paid for that poo poo, at least.

:yikes:

trader joe’s people give off the same vibe

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Cronus no longer works on PS5 and between the troll posts and the panic posts, the little cheating bastards in R/Cronus are having a bad time

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

what a sad life to live where your hobby is cheating at video games

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

TrashMammal posted:

:yikes:

trader joe’s people give off the same vibe

they have trader joe podcasts

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's weird because when I worked at Trader Joe's every customer was mad that their favorite treat no longer existed since their last visit (five years prior in a different state) and I was just apologizing up and down hoping they'd eventually gently caress off.

I worked at that store for a year after opening it and it never stopped. People were just constantly desirous of something lost, and I was the face of their defeat.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

hawowanlawow posted:

Same for the Royal Mail subreddit. Kind of funny watching idiots get clapped back by their posties for being entitled shitlords because they won't gently caress around waiting for their video doorbells to connect when they have another few hundred deliveries to make.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost
I’m still on reddit, but I found the IOS Dystopia reader. It’s add-free and it has the bonus of being rather clunky and ugly, so I don’t want to spend time looking at anything but my subscribed subreddits.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

It's weird because when I worked at Trader Joe's every customer was mad that their favorite treat no longer existed since their last visit (five years prior in a different state) and I was just apologizing up and down hoping they'd eventually gently caress off.

I worked at that store for a year after opening it and it never stopped. People were just constantly desirous of something lost, and I was the face of their defeat.

I’ve never complained about it to anyone but drat it does suck when TJs kills off something really good.

I think the last thing was the margarita mix they used to carry which was really good.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

A couple years ago I ended up getting the Panera subreddit served to me a lot. Most posts were "I just saw a mom give her child a large lemonade" and "these lemonades are going to kill someone!"

Lately I've been getting UberEats and other food delivery subreddits. It's mostly people posting screenshots of ridiculous orders like 20 water softener salt bags with a $0 tip.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
The Chipotle subreddit had some rather harmless threads like employees bragging about who could wrap the phattest burrito. It also had insane grognards customers who would bring gram scales with them to weigh their serving of meat and document it in an excel spreadsheet so it was truly a subreddit of contrasts.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

wa27 posted:

A couple years ago I ended up getting the Panera subreddit served to me a lot. Most posts were "I just saw a mom give her child a large lemonade" and "these lemonades are going to kill someone!"

They literally have, lol:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...ons/ar-BB1hcBVV

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
/r/Geico is also pretty much an employee organization zone and do they ever need it

Have a look if you want to be mad(der)

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

/r/Geico is also pretty much an employee organization zone and do they ever need it

Have a look if you want to be mad(der)

their pinned post is "Lizard Slaves Discord"

and here i was hoping for a bunch of cute gecko memes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

steinrokkan posted:

I went to the Ikea Reddit recently and it was the exact opposite, full of ostensibly regular employees being overly helpful and taking about their IKEAtm LifestyleTM outside of their job responsibilities. It was uncanny and unpleasant enough I gave up on trying to find the information I wanted and slowly backed away while maintaining eye contact. Hopefully they were paid for that poo poo, at least.

they were paid in meatballs

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Brawnfire posted:

lol

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Really though, why the gently caress did you cancel my favorite treat?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

MarcusSA posted:

I’ve never complained about it to anyone but drat it does suck when TJs kills off something really good.

I think the last thing was the margarita mix they used to carry which was really good.

Margaritas are a maximum of 5 ingredients including the salt rim. I believe in you.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

Where the hell are those mini frozen cinnamon rolls that were sweet but not overly sweetened and drenched in frosting like other cinnamon buns!?! It's been over a decade since I've seen them, but I know you're just hiding them and there's a big pile in the back!!!!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
its better TJ cancel something that you have good memories of rather than let it get enshitified.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NewFatMike posted:

Margaritas are a maximum of 5 ingredients including the salt rim. I believe in you.

Yes I know but that mixer was good and I don’t drink them enough so it was handy to have a bottle of it.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

steinrokkan posted:

This is crazy bc if you've ever ordered something from the IKEA website and had trouble, you quickly discover there's basically no customer service presence. Oh sure, there's a phone line and an email, but I literally could never reach a person on the phone line and no one responds to the email.

I took it as sort of a 'you get what you pay for' situation, like yeh I guess that's fair it's bottom dollar poo poo I can't expect top tier service. But wtf the employees are doing free customer service work on Reddit? Noooo whyyyyy.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

My cousin worked at ikea back in the 90s and apparently loved it. They gave him a mountain bike as a Christmas bonus.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

a passive aggressive gift?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Every time I've gone into the ikea here it felt like walking into a cult HQ. Every employee is like some middle-aged swede with a permanent botoxed-on grin wearing an identical pastel uniform. They even have that culty cafeteria, it's pretty good though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

More cults need better food

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

IKEA has returns here, it’s probably not joyful, but I’ve seen people return whole wardrobes before. I do like the food and furniture combo.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
A dude I know bought a wardrobe (in different components because, Ikea) and didn't strap everything down properly in his trailer, when two of the doors flew off on the drive home he managed to return them, explained the damage with :iiam: and got them exchanged for non-driven over ones. Also their meatballs own.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

well why not posted:

IKEA has returns here, it’s probably not joyful, but I’ve seen people return whole wardrobes before. I do like the food and furniture combo.

Oh there's returns. My issue was that I ordered an item online and it apparently had 2 boxes required - and they only delivered box 1 of 2. So I couldn't build the item.

I eventually went to the closest IKEA - which is actually where the item had shipped from - and tried to talk to customer service but they told me I had to go through the online customer service folks, they don't handle that.

I ended up just walking into the warehouse, finding where the item was, seeing that they had an uneven number of Boxes 1 and 2 - they had a single extra Box 2 - cmon that had to be the one they forgot to send me.

So I just took the extra Box 2 and left. No one stopped me. As it was, I paid them a premium for delivery and still technically had to come pick it up :argh:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Oh there's returns. My issue was that I ordered an item online and it apparently had 2 boxes required - and they only delivered box 1 of 2. So I couldn't build the item.

I eventually went to the closest IKEA - which is actually where the item had shipped from - and tried to talk to customer service but they told me I had to go through the online customer service folks, they don't handle that.

I ended up just walking into the warehouse, finding where the item was, seeing that they had an uneven number of Boxes 1 and 2 - they had a single extra Box 2 - cmon that had to be the one they forgot to send me.

So I just took the extra Box 2 and left. No one stopped me. As it was, I paid them a premium for delivery and still technically had to come pick it up :argh:

I have contacted IKEA and a SWÅT team is en route to your location, thief

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Biplane posted:

I have contacted IKEA and a SWÅT team is en route to your location, thief

Shötmådög

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

Lol I always feel bad that I have to order my cats prescription food online but there's no place to buy it where I live.

I used to order 50 lb bags of cat litter until I questioned what the hell was wrong with me.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I ordered cat food off amazon because the kind I buy used to be about 25% cheaper compared to local pet stores, but now it is the same price

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Lol.

https://old.reddit.com/r/malelivingspace/comments/1adob8u/they_put_my_ass_on_fucking_tv/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Whats the context of the lady?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Whats the context of the lady?

Some TV Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UNvTv-Rta0&t=409s

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

"They put my rear end on TV" bro you put your rear end on the biggest website on the internet