Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!
We still have his other case going on in New York. So here's hoping he melts down again there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

NoiseAnnoys posted:

but if he appeals, he can't touch that money either. i'm mostly curious what happens if the trump organization is killed next week and properties are liquidated to pay those fines, does carroll get a cut of those proceeds or is it limited to ny state?

Trump personally owes Carroll. He has to come up with the cash on his own. When the Trump org is ordered to be dismantled next week, that is a separate thing and the money from that will partially go to pay the fine that occurs. Then the outstanding balance will go to paying off the company's debts and finally the remaining amount (like there will be any) will go to whatever they reorganize under outside of New York. So Trump's piggy bank is getting smashed but Carroll won't see any of it.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

UltraShame posted:

So when militias organize to go against the will of the feds what happens?

I'm assuming only good stuff for all parties???

They surrender because they're cowards OP.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Trump told Mitch McConnell to create a crisis so Trump could then campaign on it, despite a bi-partisan effort to provide funding.

Republicans are domestic terrorists.

Create a crisis, actively obstruct efforts to fix the crisis, blame the lack of inaction on Democrats.

They loving suck.
sounds a lot like Nixon

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I could probably find a way to shut the gently caress up for $85 Mil.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Meanwhile Jim Davis is sitting back somewhere in a mansion, pipe in mouth, sipping a brandy while just enjoying a mid-winter day, and pondering how good life has been for him so far.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

javi posted:

We still have his other case going on in New York. So here's hoping he melts down again there.

There's The Case Of The "national security secrets... looks like.. in the shitter" soon too

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
taking a break from cooking stuffed peppers for my entire extended family to say lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Big EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT energy

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Trump personally owes Carroll. He has to come up with the cash on his own. When the Trump org is ordered to be dismantled next week, that is a separate thing and the money from that will partially go to pay the fine that occurs. Then the outstanding balance will go to paying off the company's debts and finally the remaining amount (like there will be any) will go to whatever they reorganize under outside of New York. So Trump's piggy bank is getting smashed but Carroll won't see any of it.

lol he gonna be mad when he has no assets left ain't he.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Meanwhile Jim Davis is sitting back somewhere in a mansion, pipe in mouth, sipping a brandy while just enjoying a mid-winter day, and pondering how good life has been for him so far.

But his pipe is missing, where could it be...

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

I knew it wasn't going to happen, but all I wanted was for the jury to award Mar-A-Lago as punitive damages. Yeah, it's only worth twenty bucks and change, but if you want to hurt the wet boy, that's how you do it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

^^ This may happen next week. Since Carroll is a creditor, wouldn't she get first dibs upon Trump's assets being divided up and sold off? I wouldn't know.

kdrudy posted:

But his pipe is missing, where could it be...

Meanwhile, Gary Larson laughs as he sneaks the still-lit pipe from his jacket pocket and puts it in HIS mouth while he starts on another Far Side that will attempt to explain cow tools and cause only more mystery.

So when do you think the GOP will tell Trump they're not paying for his rape defamation cases?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I'll do it for a cool $2 million.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Even if Carroll never gets paid, he lost and that’s the thing that hurts him more than anything else possibly could.

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 26, 2024

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

This is why you will never have the soul of a true poster.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Vire posted:

Hahaha how many millions of dollars do you think Tapioca quitting cost him? Like he was able to get out of the first trial with 5.5 million. Haba probably cost him 10s of millions in punitive damage.
Trump couldn't stop being himself, so in a real sense no Earthly lawyer could have stopped him from defaming her during the trial. Maybe Taco could have been less irritating and saved a few million but he couldn't stop Trump being Carroll's best advocate.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

^^ This may happen next week. Since Carroll is a creditor, wouldn't she get first dibs upon Trump's assets being divided up and sold off? I wouldn't know.

Meanwhile, Gary Larson laughs as he sneaks the still-lit pipe from his jacket pocket and puts it in HIS mouth while he starts on another Far Side that will attempt to explain cow tools and cause only more mystery.

So when do you think the GOP will tell Trump they're not paying for his rape defamation cases?

They’re not his assets they’re the company’s assets. When they get sold off first in line is the penalty from NY to the company, next in line is anyone else the company owns cash to, and only then will money (if any is left) go to shareholders like Trump, where it would then go to Carroll.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So has anyone calculated a defamation word per dollar ratio yet

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Women don't get it. As a man I can tell you every single one of us is raging violence in human form, waiting... no, praying for our shell to be pierced so a deluge of pure ferocity pours from our viscera, dissolving all we oppose! Shirley from accounting has my pencil sharpener :v:!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I'll log off for a measly $1m

(The "m" stands for million)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

paying for his rape defamation cases?

Never. They are utterly in thrall.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lifespan posted:

Women don't get it. As a man I can tell you every single one of us is raging violence in human form, waiting... no, praying for our shell to be pierced so a deluge of pure ferocity pours from our viscera, dissolving all we oppose! Shirley from accounting has my pencil sharpener :v:!

every time i see scott adams post i am reminded of the time he had this extremely normal conversation on twitter:

scott: every conversation and interaction between men is underpinned by violence or the threat of it
some dude: i don't think that's true, i talk with my dad all the time and violence never comes up
scott: cram your fingers up his rear end and see how long that remains true

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

thinking about the Roman empire every 14.8 seconds

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Never.

They’re fully all-in in him at this point. Ronna Romney-McDaniel knows this is all hosed up, but her choices are to keep loving that chicken or resign/be fired.

The Republican Party is Trump, and Trump is the Republican Party. If they go along with him, they might lose, but if they don’t, then they’ll definitely lose.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
What if this makes him appear more sympathetic? :ohdear:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Outpost22 posted:

What if this makes him appear more sympathetic? :ohdear:

hahaha

the new op-ed on fox, this makes him more relatable to minorities because whomst among them

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Trump just had a judgement of 88 million dollars against him let me explain why thats bad for Biden

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So when do you think the GOP will tell Trump they're not paying for

Going to stop you right there. The GOP are the biggest cowards on the planet and will absolutely bankrupt the party to pay Donnie's bills because they fear his chuds that much.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
tbh trump might be more chill and feel at home if he did become poor af. he seems like a trailer park kinda guy. maybe he could even keep a golf cart to go pick up his mail with.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I am entirely here to witness TRump bleeding the GOP white.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

THE WOKE LIBS CANCELED JUSTICE

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Hollismason posted:

Trump just had a judgement of 88 million dollars against him let me explain why thats bad for Biden

Because the truth is that this is specifically Biden that went after him (and went back in time and sexually assaulted a woman then spent the last 5 years talking poo poo about her)!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

:qq:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

If you’ve ever seen Fargo Season 3, Trump is David Thewlis and the Republican Party is Ewan McGregor’s company.

They are now at the stage where they’re being forced to drink his piss.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
lol @ the dilbert guy going full mcveigh

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

He's right just not in the way he means

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The best lawyers $2.5M buys (the M is for Million)

:lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Maybe Nostradamus wrote down a quatrain about how “the Orange One will come forth in the last days and will be found to be without blame” or some poo poo and he has the original page that he stole that he carries around with him that he flashes at his lawyers with a wink and a nudge and it convinces them that he’s the one and he’s untouchable.

That would explain why he leans so heavy into the orange makeup bit
For shits and giggles...

Searching quickly it seems 'orange' only appears once and is used to describe the fruit, not the colour...

quote:

He who the Principality
Will hold through great cruelty,
He will see his great phalanx at its end:
By very dangerous gunshot,
By agreement he could do better,
Otherwise he will drink Orange juice

If we extend the search to include 'fruit' (which is arguably applicable}, we get this one among others...

quote:

He will come to go into the corner of "Luna,"
Where he will be captured and put in a strange land:
The unripe fruit will be the subject of great scandal,
Great blame, to one great praise.
:hmmyes: