Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bows1 posted:

thanks to Mr. Hootington for recommending this thread.

Im tryin to start No Build Battle Royale to play with some friends, but am having trouble figuring out the controls etc while in the game. It took me about 10 min just to figure out how to invert look. Is there a way to do this with Bots or something or a tutorial just to figure out controls? Im over here dancing by accident or getting killed before having any time to figure things out.

For the first however many rounds it takes for you to outcompete the bots, you'll be against bots. The easy way to tell if you're in a bot lobby is when you load into the waiting area where you wait for the timer to count down, it starts at like 5 seconds and you're off immediately.

Once you're against real people, you wait for like 40-60 seconds before the bus takes off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

You could always do a PvP map on private just to familiarise yourself with the controls

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i landed right next to a person and grabbed the gun first. they knelt down and waited to be shot but, since i have a non-aggression policy, i just waved them off.
two minutes later he throws two big pots at me from a rooftop, waited for me to see them, then ran off. it was a nice moment that made me smile :)

bows1 posted:

thanks to Mr. Hootington for recommending this thread.

Im tryin to start No Build Battle Royale to play with some friends, but am having trouble figuring out the controls etc while in the game. It took me about 10 min just to figure out how to invert look. Is there a way to do this with Bots or something or a tutorial just to figure out controls? Im over here dancing by accident or getting killed before having any time to figure things out.
just land as far away from the flight path as you can in an unnamed location. usually a small beach house. when you're first starting, and even later, there will be mostly bots so you can play slower at the edges. just make sure you have a car for a quick escape when the storm starts coming. you pretty much have to adjust all your options in-game so land some place quiet and keep your ears on.

alternatively land in the places with bright yellow names and run around screaming "how do i play????"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Amphigory posted:

You could always do a PvP map on private just to familiarise yourself with the controls

Also if you're using a controller I really suggest using the 'experimental control scheme' and buildpro (buildpro doesn't matter in 0 build, but the two control schemes are the same) the earlier you switch to them the easier the adjustment.
Setting prefered item slots also helps a lot. That way muscle memorywise you'll know say 'slot 1 is always my primary weapon, and slot 5 is always healing' or whatever you're comfortable with.

Experimental controls switches from l1 and r1 scrolling through the items to r1+a face button is mapped to each item slot with r1 by itself swapping to slot 1.
From there you can configure doubletapping r1 to either swap between your previous equipment or always slot 2.

It really helps you get used to quickly swapping between weapons and using a utility item midfight. The default controls cost you seconds to say go between slot 1 and slot 4.
Most importantly l1 becomes ping/mark instead of having to fumble for which face button does it.

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017

Coolness Averted posted:

Experimental controls switches from l1 and r1 scrolling through the items to r1+a face button is mapped to each item slot with r1 by itself swapping to slot 1.
From there you can configure doubletapping r1 to either swap between your previous equipment or always slot 2.

It really helps you get used to quickly swapping between weapons and using a utility item midfight. The default controls cost you seconds to say go between slot 1 and slot 4.
Most importantly l1 becomes ping/mark instead of having to fumble for which face button does it.

Ooh, I need to try this, I'm forever fumbling about for the right item slot.

Another thing which is useful is the visualise sound effects. I forget what it's called exactly, but it shows icons representing local sounds in a circle around your character. Very handy for quickly pinpointing somebody firing a weapon, for example.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Visualize sound effects is a must. You are actively handicapping yourself without it.

i should do experimental controls but its gonna gently caress with my muscle memory but also im bad? so who cares?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Scuba Trooper posted:

Visualize sound effects is a must. You are actively handicapping yourself without it.

Although be warned that if your friends use grapple blades a lot it can throw you at first. Or still, like with me.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I played too long without it and just use a good headset, since it provides too much visual clutter for me when I'm in a hot zone. At my skill level (garbage) it rarely makes a difference, but yeah if you wanna squeeze wins out it's smart to get a visual heads up that sound was indeed a footstep to your south or a gun and not say your squadmate doing donuts in a sports car's periodic misfire.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

It is weird that there's some sounds that don't actually trip the visual indicators at all, or that you can still hear crouch walking but get no icon for it

Like I thought it was supposed to be for the hearing impaired but get hosed I guess?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Abroham Lincoln posted:

It is weird that there's some sounds that don't actually trip the visual indicators at all, or that you can still hear crouch walking but get no icon for it

Like I thought it was supposed to be for the hearing impaired but get hosed I guess?

Being hearing impaired is just a skill issue

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

I played too long without it and just use a good headset, since it provides too much visual clutter for me when I'm in a hot zone. At my skill level (garbage) it rarely makes a difference, but yeah if you wanna squeeze wins out it's smart to get a visual heads up that sound was indeed a footstep to your south or a gun and not say your squadmate doing donuts in a sports car's periodic misfire.

If nothing else it's easier to find hidden chests

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

101 posted:

Being hearing impaired is just a skill issue

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
So who's got the AHK scripts to afk in lego/festival? I'm only level 620 this is an emergency please.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 27, 2024

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lmao at how big the chicken is

https://i.imgur.com/2ICoNQ9.mp4

actual pay2lose skin

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It is funny coming after saying why they had to use buff Peter and not fat Peter.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I don't remember epic saying buff Peter was for hitbox reasons, I thought the only thing we had was Seth's joke about it would have cost them too much money to model him accurately that for some reason people took as literal truth.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Finally a skin where other players will have a chance against me :colbert:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Business turrets have been unvaulted.

New jams coming

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
I’m always tempted to use a controller on PC so I can actually relax and sit back but I know it basically gets zero auto aim compared to console.

Does anyone actually use controllers on PC? Does it make a huge difference ?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I use controller on PC and I was able to tell I wasn't getting the same auto aim but I couldn't tell you beyond that

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Aim assist on PC with controller is only about 70-80% the strength vs playing on a console. It’s very strange.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

in apex the PC aim assist is only 60% of how strong it is on consoles, and it's still so strong on PC that the majority of pro players use controller at this point

console players be aimbotting

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Mr Hootington posted:

Business turrets have been unvaulted.

New jams coming

ugh ill probably buy those green day ones just to use them as emotes.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is there more to unlock in the lego mode then just rank 10 of the crafting bench/town square? Are there bonuses for multiple cities?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Anora posted:

Is there more to unlock in the lego mode then just rank 10 of the crafting bench/town square? Are there bonuses for multiple cities?

Different biomes have different villagers & unlock different building pieces (ex: the shinto housing stuff comes from a village in the snow).

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://kotaku.com/fortnite-racist-offensive-ai-images-art-zonewars-epic-1851209249

:catstare:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yes things like that have been a problem since day 1. They only get taken down if people report them.

Most of the moderation is focused on trying to stop scams or people trying to give v-bucks out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Why would they even allow unapproved/moderated art from outside the game?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Have you looked in the custom game mode section? Its a cesspool of absolute trash that makes the android app store look like a hand curated marketplace

There is also a weird meta with the custom modes. This new racist fat guy one I hadnt noticed, but there are about a billion of them copying that old mobile game ad that shows "NOOB: LVL 0'" and "PRO: LVL 100" for the thumbnail

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

remember when they launched UEFN and hyped it up as enabling all these amazing experiences and then all we got is racist skibidi toilet mr beast squid game tycoon

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
It's a fun mix of those and "Uber Driver sucked me off???" reaction video thumbnail style icons which don't make any sense, just pure cargo cult trash

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Iy is what thr market desires

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It is here
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1752725083338981432?t=oODNzE3myt8D7oHt-M2jnA&s=19
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1752728662128955820?t=FFe1AygXw998MC_n_eiueg&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Uhh what’s up with the Palestinian flag colors

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Epic is promising to better moderate It*lians, so softened the blow with their flag's colors

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I'm guessing $199 for that guitar. Which, I am approaching spending on modding this SG I have because I can't solder for poo poo and keep ruining the pcb's and having to reorder the mod kit and with all the money I am spending I can't afford punctuation for this post sorry.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I saw this one the other day and was... perplexed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Must have been added by the same people mad that Kristoff from Frozen was white.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 1, 2024