Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/kaitlancollins/status/1750998131498426540?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Neil Armbong posted:

Boo this man, he hates fun.

I was all in for fun, but it gets kinda dull the 4th time he kills 50 dudes in a row with absolutely no suspense or sense of danger or any pretense that there’s a possibility of failure. Even superhero stories find ways to put the guys who always win into situations where you don’t know how they’re gonna get out of this jam. John Wick never feels like he’s in a jam, there’s never any doubt that he will just judo throw another 20 dudes and shoot or stab them until they’re all dead and he’s alive.

I do want a video game of this with Arkham style combat that includes “shoot the dude point blank in the head” as a combo finishing move.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Had to go look through his couches for spare change.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kiimo posted:

He's going to find a way of delaying that money actually going over until he's dead

I mean he had to post the entire amount of the first judgment against him from her as a bond to appeal it. That judgment was only for $5m and he used campaign/pac funds to do it. He doesn't have $83.3m of campaign funds (or personal funds) just laying around.

RG3POLTICS
Jan 26, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Something something, trump will appeal

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Weekend plans:

Tonight we're watching my nieces so my sister and her wife can go out
Tomorrow is gonna be a bunch of Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and then board games with our board game crew
Sunday is gonna be cycling a metric century and football and work and more Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Gonna own, my dudes.

RG3POLTICS
Jan 26, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Also before my ban.

I wanna say if you want good sleep get a script to Trazadone like Fiz said.

It really is the best. It will knock your rear end out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RG3POLTICS posted:

Also before my ban.

I wouldn’t be giving out these kind of “helpful” hints, man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Silly Burrito posted:

I wouldn’t be giving out these kind of “helpful” hints, man.

Lol

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

RG3POLTICS posted:

Also before my ban.

:yikes:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trazodone will not make you tired.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Pain of Mind posted:

somewhere in the left media ecosystem someone is leaking in "facts" like Donald the Dove that are not true and there is little benefit to leftist causes to promote Trump when you can just not vote for Biden without whitewashing Republicans. Some of the points are literally untrue, and the rest of it is effectively unwinnable because it is not things the president can directly control. In the 2020 primary Biden was one of my least favorite candidates, probably only higher than Bloomberg and random guys who no one even knew, but I find it hard to believe Biden is why Roe is still repealed, or the Supreme Court impeded student loan forgiveness.

So I disagree with a few things here. I consider myself a hopeless leftist in a deep red shithole with literally no one to vote for. I consume lots of media outside of my bubble because i have to seek it out. I’ve never heard any actual lefty repeat the Donald the Dove poo poo except that weird dolt Jimmy Dore. I’ve seen it get some traction from Greenwald, but I wouldn’t consider that a leftist source. At most I’d say lefties are bemoaning the absolute antipathy Biden seems to show Palestinians, and the glee with which he seems to fling missiles at Houthis and throw tens of billions at Ukraine (particularly when we “can’t afford” social spending :jerkbag:)

On the bolded, the Dems held all levers of congress and wouldn’t break decorum to codify abortion rights. Then when they were overturned, magically they no longer had power. They couldve been proactive when literally everyone knew what SCOTUS intended to do.

As far as student loans, I dunno he gave up at the first hurdle while they forgave billions in PPP loans to fraudsters and small business tyrants with no opposition. He loving ran on this.

Much in the way that “the purpose of a system is what it does,” Joe Biden’s actions speak louder than his ineffectual words. 50 years of his “leadership” telegraphed this exact sequence of events, and I’m not surprised people are uninspired by his bullshit.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I will never understand continuing to show up somewhere that it’s been made clear nobody wants you around. And paying money to do it no less

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

For those not following, Trump just got a verdict against him for defaming E. Jean Carroll of $83.3m.

it's funny, but alex jones's verdict has meant gently caress all and the longer it goes, the more it looks like he's going to just kinda keep on doing what he's doing.

LeeMajors posted:

As far as student loans, I dunno he gave up at the first hurdle while they forgave billions in PPP loans to fraudsters and small business tyrants with no opposition. He loving ran on this.

Much in the way that “the purpose of a system is what it does,” Joe Biden’s actions speak louder than his ineffectual words. 50 years of his “leadership” telegraphed this exact sequence of events, and I’m not surprised people are uninspired by his bullshit.

this is what does it for me. a slam dunk to help folks out and they just gave up. tried nothing and all out of ideas.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 26, 2024

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
e: quote != edit

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kiimo posted:

He's going to find a way of delaying that money actually going over until he's dead

I bet he'll literally just not pay it and dare someone to make him. What are they going to do, garnish his wages? He's gonna force the government to seize property, because it's to his political advantage to be able to yell about that to his base.

RG3POLTICS posted:

Yeah I spent another ten dollars on this poo poo.. Again.. I never raped anyone. But yeah internet false accusations...

if I was falsely called a rapist and kicked off a website, one thing I definitely would not do is hang around reading that website for years, nor would I be giving money to the guy who runs that website in order to make a few posts for an hour or two until my new account got banned

like hanging around here post-permaban is not healthy at all and it reinforces the idea that you have problems respecting boundaries, you know

I 100% mean this with all sincerity, please go find some people to hang out with who haven't definitively rejected you with a completely unambiguous "go away and don't come back" message, it'll be a better way to live I promise.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I will never understand continuing to show up somewhere that it’s been made clear nobody wants you around. And paying money to do it no less

Negative attention is still attention, why else announce it’s you every time instead of trying to be anonymous?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
this website will get more from rg3 than any victim will get from dt45

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

LeeMajors posted:

So I disagree with a few things here. I consider myself a hopeless leftist in a deep red shithole with literally no one to vote for. I consume lots of media outside of my bubble because i have to seek it out. I’ve never heard any actual lefty repeat the Donald the Dove poo poo except that weird dolt Jimmy Dore. I’ve seen it get some traction from Greenwald, but I wouldn’t consider that a leftist source. At most I’d say lefties are bemoaning the absolute antipathy Biden seems to show Palestinians, and the glee with which he seems to fling missiles at Houthis and throw tens of billions at Ukraine (particularly when we “can’t afford” social spending :jerkbag:)

On the bolded, the Dems held all levers of congress and wouldn’t break decorum to codify abortion rights. Then when they were overturned, magically they no longer had power. They couldve been proactive when literally everyone knew what SCOTUS intended to do.

My apologies, even though I was quoting you, I was not really attributing all arguments I was talking about to you, just that some of the arguments that you mentioned are pretty common and my post expanded beyond your post after I started typing a bit. Donald the Dove has been posting numerous times on these very forums by many people.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Congress under trump wrote the legislation that had built-in loan forgiveness for the PPP loans, and the idea of clawing some of that money back is swell but in practice it's likely impossible both legally and logistically... at best it'd take congressional action to fund and push for some kind of audit, that's not a thing a president can do and it's silly to demand it of him. Oversight of qualifying for the loans was poor in part because so much money had to be given out so fast. It's probably up to states to do a lot of that work.

Biden attempted to forgive student loans in direct defiance of what congressional leaders told him he was allowed to do, and ultimately he was overruled by the court, which is how the government is supposed to function, we do not in fact actually benefit from giving presidents the kind of power you are trying to argue he has, even if it would be in service of a good cause this time. Do you want trump in 2025 to wave his hand and forgive every business loan the government's made, or perhaps to declare all student loans fraudulent and take back all the money lent to students? I feel like this is a really bad idea and it's good actually that the president hasn't got that kind of power, even if we think the good guys (lol) would always use it for good. A president unilaterally breaking the rules of a loan program created by congress was, actually, never in the cards, and the mistake Biden made was to promise it in the first place.

I think it's way better to hammer presidents on what they actually have the power to do and fail to, like direct the dept. of homeland security to stop caging immigrant children, or stop selling weapons to the israeli apartheid state as it attempts an ethnic cleansing, rather than invent or demand powers they don't actually have like overrule congress and the courts on student loans or try to take back money that was given away as a covid stimulus law, however badly written and full of loopholes that law was (trump should have vetoed it, there's your presidential power).

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dems had the power to kill the filibuster and do all these things legislatively, but they have no real coalition.

The GOP has similar issues holding their coalition together trying to kill popular programs and go full mask-off, but they have no issue passing tax breaks without any impedance or the aforementioned loan forgiveness. Meanwhile the Dem president who “wants to forgive these loans if it weren’t for these gosh darned republicans, honest” was totally on board with making the non-dischargeable in bankruptcy.

I’m cynical as poo poo about the party because they don’t actually DO anything. Even ACA, the LANDMARK was a republican plan that entrenched private insurers. I mean, goddamn.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yes, that's dems, not biden specifically
and I'm also real pissed that they decided not to kill the filibuster, let manchin and sinema have his way with the party for two years, and it's totally legit to criticize what biden did during the bush presidency going along with making student loans unforgivable... but we knew he did that when we elected him

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Leperflesh posted:

Yes, that's dems, not biden specifically
and I'm also real pissed that they decided not to kill the filibuster, let manchin and sinema have his way with the party for two years, and it's totally legit to criticize what biden did during the bush presidency going along with making student loans unforgivable... but we knew he did that when we elected him

You’re right, we did know that. I didn’t vote for him in the primary.

This is part and parcel of the same problem. The Democratic Party apparatus doesn’t want appreciable change, and its nominations and actions bear that out.

Biden and Dems are inseparable at this point because he’s a 50yr career politician and party leader, and also these are the choices we are being presented. When it was modestly threatened the party coalesced in his defense, and created a false platform to assuage “the left.”

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It's mind-blowing that this dude could very well be president next year.

https://twitter.com/RBReich/status/1751002838145093727?t=A-VfimpbM6hIWh2UjG_GBw&s=19

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

Dems had the power to kill the filibuster and do all these things legislatively, but they have no real coalition.

The GOP has similar issues holding their coalition together trying to kill popular programs and go full mask-off, but they have no issue passing tax breaks without any impedance or the aforementioned loan forgiveness. Meanwhile the Dem president who “wants to forgive these loans if it weren’t for these gosh darned republicans, honest” was totally on board with making the non-dischargeable in bankruptcy.

I’m cynical as poo poo about the party because they don’t actually DO anything. Even ACA, the LANDMARK was a republican plan that entrenched private insurers. I mean, goddamn.

dems don't do _anything_? I think the current GOP presidential frontrunners would've been pretty happy if dems didnt do any of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHIPS_and_Science_Act
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_Reduction_Act
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Investment_and_Jobs_Act

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

E let’s just say I disagree that these are all good and effective policies but I will absolutely cede that it is better than republicans trying to destroy government. But if that’s all we hope for the ratchet will continue unabated.

Also, :lol: Trump but yeah he’s not going to pay poo poo. Again, they just do whatever. Dogs dunking on the rest of us all the time.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 27, 2024

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Also pmchem I do appreciate you bringing some links in here I haven’t had a chance to sit down with that Econ stuff, but I will later tonight.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Outsider perspective question:

The thing I can't work out with the Democratic party is, what's their plan here? Who's quaterbacking this election and what do they honestly think is their path to victory? There's no way there's a group of party leadership who are sitting there and thinking Biden vs Trump in a "fair fight" scenario - "well we like our chances". I mean - I doubt even medically Biden can go through a full campaign and debate schedule and not gently caress it up in a horrible way given his slide mentally or worse, just loving drop dead on his tour bus one afternoon. He's already saying the wrong thing at the wrong time like calling Xi a dictator after weeks of Blinken working to bring Chinese / American relations back to a talking level.

They know Trump's going to body him in terms of sound bytes, speeches and debate clips and he's going to hammer the internet and the air waves with clips of biden stumbling and fumbling his words and looking confused. Any time you put the two of them on a stage their only hope in coming away looking favorable is if Trump goes overboard and looks like a bully and hes done that already and it didn't matter.

Social media and its moderation has changed and diversified in the last four years and they won't have the same cooperation from some companies - meta and twitter mainly that they had in 2020. They have the polling data showing how badly Biden and Kalama are performing in approval rating. They don't really have an achievement they can point to as you guys have mentioned above or at least they don't have one thats big enough to be front and centre as an easy digestable campaign tentpole. They've spent billions on two more foreign wars the people aren't interested in supporting or fighting. The economy is already in a silent depression - purchasing power is worse than it was in the 30s, house prices are bad, the debt ceiling climbs to all time highs every week and on and on it goes.

The bookies already have Trump as the odds on favourite - by a not small margin.

And I'm not trying to make some statement here picking a side, or picking on a side, or supporting a side. I'm laying out the scenario as I would see it if I was approached to assess the strategy of their current campaign. It just has me wondering what their strategy is at this point? Hoping a get out to vote campaign can tip the balance? Hoping the courts do it for them?

I could see what the strategic goals were in 2020 and it was well executed but I can't read the tea leaves, at all as an outsider.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

BlindSite posted:

Outsider perspective question:

The thing I can't work out with the Democratic party is, what's their plan here? Who's quaterbacking this election and what do they honestly think is their path to victory?

This is the core of the problem - they exist solely as 'not the fascists' and even at that are only barely effective. They don't have plans or substance or principles they run on, just they aren't the other side.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Trump is also sundowning just as quickly. Dude was blaming Jan 6 on Nikki Haley and his handlers basically went "Nikki, Nancy, what's the difference?"

A huge part of the problem is the US media desperately wants a horse race and is more than happy to accommodate any sort of negativity no matter the level of truth because doomerism is easy as poo poo and brings in views.

Get off Twitter.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
In other political news, Ben Shapiro released a rap song today.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I shan't be listening

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

His little bitch titties had his whiny voice pop into my head

"my milkshake brings all the goys to the yard"

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Air Skwirl posted:

I have never recoiled harder from music related news than I did reading this sentence.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Xi thing isn’t a particularly salient point to make because Biden has always been the sort to say poo poo like that without caring. At least he didn’t call him Mao. He’s kind of a loving weirdo, honestly, and because of that a lot of things he does are as much a Rorschach test as anything.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

At least one part of the messaging issue is that the dems are saving campaign funds for the general election but the republicans are having an actual primary, so there's been far more money spent from their side already on things like messaging.

And the reason the democratic establishment isn't intentionally promoting another candidate is because that'd be massively disloyal, and loyalty to the president you have right now is vital to people who have been entrenched in the party system for decades. They also care the most about beating trump but the nightmare scenario would be trying to beat trump with a candidate they spent time during the primaries trying to tear down.

In other words if they wanted biden to not be the candidate they needed to convince him not to run, last year or ideally two years ago, so they could identify their preferred candidate and get that person clearly positioned and ready to go by now. It's far too late. So now they have to pretend like they're not aware they're running a guy who is in mental decline for president.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I always forget this thread exists but since the LC brought me here I just want to mention that trazodone does make me tired.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

just watched sydney sweeney's "hot ones" episode and she is straight up loving insane and did all the wings without taking a drink of anything

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

John Sihk trailer was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I kinda want the light bulb to go off in RG3's head one day and he posts the artisanal burrito. Remember, he's permabanned for the burrito, not the rape stuff.