Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't think the pass rush will fall of a cliff. One of Ojabo and Bowser may recover from their mystery ailments. Travis Jones has shown real ability as an interior pass rusher. He may have a Madibuke light breakout year in 2024. Most important of all, old pass rushers looking for an opportunity have been in abundant supply for the past 4 years. They're going to favor Baltimore as a spot to rehab their value after what happened with Van Noy and Clowney this year. Bring me *spins wheel* Derek Barnet and Za'Darius Smith for 5 million and we'll squeeze 18 sacks out of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's a hot take when you're that far up the chiefs rear end. I've also got dynasty shares of Mandrews and a loathing of the Ravens. So I'm even less biased :jerkbag:

Pipe down

:lol: the audacity of a Chiefs fan saying Kelce is better than Mandrews. Why is TFF such is a weird place where you are supposed to hate your team and be a sad loser.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Gendo days are long done. The Ravens are good and it feels good!

Seriously, the audacity is getting all up in arms at the suggestion that a top 5 TE is possibly better right now than an aging top 5 TE. That's the height of reasonable football takes.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Pron on VHS posted:

Pipe down

:lol: the audacity of a Chiefs fan saying Kelce is better than Mandrews. Why is TFF such is a weird place where you are supposed to hate your team and be a sad loser.

There's being a fan and going full Mahomes, not getting a call when someone says a player may have been surpassed.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

We got them so late because nobody thought they were going to do much of anything and Clowney I don't think ever even played a full season until this year. That's why I called it miraculous. For two guys to be signed so late one DURING the season even and putting up career sack totals is extremely fortunate. Could any random guys have done the same thing? Probably not. We just got insanely lucky.

If they signed Clowney and he put up a career year, hell yeah what a pick up. Signing KVN off the couch and HE has a career year? something else is going on and I'm pretty sure it's scheme related

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

If they signed Clowney and he put up a career year, hell yeah what a pick up. Signing KVN off the couch and HE has a career year? something else is going on and I'm pretty sure it's scheme related

So why didn't Oweh and Ojabo go off like this then?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There's being a fan and going full Mahomes, not getting a call when someone says a player may have been surpassed.

You: Andrews is better than Kelce

Me: Kelce is better than Andrews

You: HOW FAR UP THE CHIEFS' rear end ARE YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oweh has had a good year by advanced metrics. That said, he's clearly been impacted by injury. Both in lost time and diminished play on the field. Ojabo, with all his injuries, is a lottery ticket at this point. Would have been cool to see him get real playing time in this system.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

You: Andrews is better than Kelce

Me: Kelce is better than Andrews

You: HOW FAR UP THE CHIEFS' rear end ARE YOU

Was that this year, last year or the year before?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I think both Kelce and Andrews are good at football

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Hot Diggity! posted:

You shut the gently caress up Sir!

Seriously though, I thought we'd moved on to the much more important topic of Ravens back of roster defensive line talent.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hot Diggity! posted:

Almost as good as Taysom.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I just want to talk about Kyle Hamilton :swoon:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'd like to think that someone finally just tried respectfully telling MVS he's supposed to *catch* the ball.

Todd Haley had a stern message for him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If Andrews comes back and plays it's gonna be an actual impressive accomplishment unlike whatever Aaron Rodgers was trying to prove.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Rumor in Miami is Green Bay is making a strong offer to Wilkins DT. If it’s 24+mm he’s gotta walk, sadly, as good as he is.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Amy Pole Her posted:

Rumor in Miami is Green Bay is making a strong offer to Wilkins DT. If it’s 24+mm he’s gotta walk, sadly, as good as he is.

I thought teams couldn't talk to players until the legal tampering period began. I actually wanted the Packers to draft Wilkins back in '19 (they went with Gary/Savage instead) so I'm fine with going after him. Not sure how we're gonna make that cap hit work though unless it involves trading Bakhtiari.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao cmon you don’t actually believe teams and agents wait til the legal period. Agents talk.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 26, 2024

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/KevG163/status/1750999177461420374?t=52fQwGzS5E8UVX6kL3wLnA&s=19

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dexter Jackson time, baby

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Amy Pole Her posted:

Interesting. Wyatt has really come on towards the tail end of the season and Kenny Clark is still good as hell. Having three good-to-great DTs would be sick, but not sure if that's worth that cap hit particularly when like Skull.gif alluded to there'd have to be some cap magic to make that work. Where are you seeing those rumors?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mega64 posted:

Washington is unofficially going with Ben Johnson, and neither Ravens coordinator seems to be a favorite in Seattle, so Ravens looking golden for next year.

huh, I just looked up the Ben Johnson thing and you're right: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2024/01/26/ben-johnson-washington-commanders-nfl-head-coach/72370360007/

Also apparently Dan Quinn is the betting favorite for Seattle. Wild.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Not getting a call? Who was asking for a call? Did you bump your head?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

So why didn't Oweh and Ojabo go off like this then?

Ojabo was put on IR in like week 3. He was playing well before that. Oweh has had a decent year. He's reliably getting pressure and still got a share of sacks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's saying I'm being whiny, like my QB begging for a call.

I think he's not really reading the room, like his QB getting a massage

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
i'll do it. i'll be the better tight end

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hot Diggity! posted:

Interesting. Wyatt has really come on towards the tail end of the season and Kenny Clark is still good as hell. Having three good-to-great DTs would be sick, but not sure if that's worth that cap hit particularly when like Skull.gif alluded to there'd have to be some cap magic to make that work. Where are you seeing those rumors?

Dolphins board - guy posts “insider” stuff that’s right 30-40% of the time. Have to assume it’s agent driven.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

kiimo posted:

He's saying I'm being whiny, like my QB begging for a call.

I think he's not really reading the room, like his QB getting a massage

lol, anyways, Kelce may well be a bit washed and not as good as Mandrews, who knows since both have been hurt this season. Isiah Likely is definitely better than any other TE KC has. Dru Tranquill is gonna earn his paycheck Sunday

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

Ojabo was put on IR in like week 3. He was playing well before that. Oweh has had a decent year. He's reliably getting pressure and still got a share of sacks.

That's not how I remember it. Ojabo made one very good play against the Texans in week 1 but looked like an absolute disaster aside from that and had a terrible preseason as well. Then we signed Van Noy who was a very pleasant surprise.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

this is what happens when you don’t change your playbook while playing against your former head coach

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Trigger warning please

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I was trying to remember Ojabo's name the other day, dude fell off the radar fast

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Dave Tepper blocked his special teams coordinator for interviewing with the same job for the Giants a few weeks ago. Today David Tepper fired his special teams coordinator. The Giants position has since been filled.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

zimbomonkey posted:

Dave Tepper blocked his special teams coordinator for interviewing with the same job for the Giants a few weeks ago. Today David Tepper fired his special teams coordinator. The Giants position has since been filled.

What a loving piece of poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Space Jam posted:

this is what happens when you don’t change your playbook while playing against your former head coach

Not just failing to change the playbook - they failed to even change the offensive gametime signals.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I was trying to remember Ojabo's name the other day, dude fell off the radar fast

He's really never been on the radar. Year 1 for him was always going to be a wash as he was recovering from the achilles tear at the combine and then this year he got hurt again. So maybe I'm being too harsh on him. But I think it's probable he won't amount to much at this point.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

That's an expansion team roster.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

News:
https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1751007589343580536?s=20

Views:
:woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

drat we need Toney out there