Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 hours!)

counterfeitsaint posted:

What makes a scenario where black and white would actually be superior? It's just less visual information.

your basis for saying this is more = good

that's false

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

counterfeitsaint posted:

What makes a scenario where black and white would actually be superior? It's just less visual information.

Same but about 2D.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My Science Project ruled that was like a go to sleepover movie at the time

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I haven't seen it in 35 years but my recollection of my science project was that it was okay but ranked below explorers and the last starfighter in the hierarchy of middling kids sci-fi

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Stink Billyums posted:

I haven't seen it in 35 years but my recollection of my science project was that it was okay but ranked below explorers and the last starfighter in the hierarchy of middling kids sci-fi

Agreed I just remember they blew up a T. rex with a grenade launcher at one point.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Zone of Interest was powerful and infuriating. gently caress Nazis.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 hours!)

Rageaholic posted:

i've been holding off on watching this cos i know the Glaze is gonna make it well but like

i'm imagining a couple hours of low key family drama, accomapanied by a constant drone of human suffering in the audio and the very, very occasional shot of oh poo poo, a naked woman just climbed into the zone of interest ah good she was shot into little tiny pieces

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The guy who made the Fake George Carlin AI "comedy" special is getting sued by Carlin's estate: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/26/arts/carlin-lawsuit-ai-podcast-copyright.html

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Arc Hammer posted:

The guy who made the Fake George Carlin AI "comedy" special is getting sued by Carlin's estate: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/26/arts/carlin-lawsuit-ai-podcast-copyright.html

the funniest part of this is those hacks will have to admit their entire gimmick is bullshit and there's little (if any) AI involved

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

I was real disappointed to find out a while back that Will Sasso was in on this because I liked his stuff on Madtv quite a bit. Do better, man!!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I thought My Science Project was about a kid who built a nuke? He broke into a facility and exchanged some substance he needed with shampoo with glitter in it? Am I misremembering it or thinking about a different movie?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Murdstone posted:

I thought My Science Project was about a kid who built a nuke? He broke into a facility and exchanged some substance he needed with shampoo with glitter in it? Am I misremembering it or thinking about a different movie?

kid who built a nuke was the manhattan project

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My science project is a gizmo that makes time warps

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

TIP posted:

kid who built a nuke was the manhattan project
Oh yeah. John Lithgow. That's the one. Thanks!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

non-paywalled: https://archive.ph/4xnjk

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Thoss posted:

2. Wild Beasts

what if roar, but cheap and italian!

"PCP is unexplainably released into the Frankfurt water supply and sends the zoo inhabitants crazy. One evening after a malfunction of zoo security the gonzo critters rampage through the city eating and killing whatever they fancy, wreaking a night of bloody terror. It’s up to regular Italian-trash whipping girl Lorraine De Selle and obnoxious Super Mario lookalike zookeeper John Aldrich to sort it out."

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

roomtone posted:

i've been holding off on watching this cos i know the Glaze is gonna make it well but like

i'm imagining a couple hours of low key family drama, accomapanied by a constant drone of human suffering in the audio and the very, very occasional shot of oh poo poo, a naked woman just climbed into the zone of interest ah good she was shot into little tiny pieces

pretty much exactly this except for the last part, "lol" (<- but not really)

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

roomtone posted:

Mostly right but you never actually see any direct brutality. It also has one of the most interesting endings I've seen in ages.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Rageaholic posted:

glad you liked it

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Arc Hammer posted:

Good.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Cacator posted:

Mostly right but you never actually see any direct brutality. It also has one of the most interesting endings I've seen in ages.

It had an extremely interesting opening, too. First there's this slow, slooow fade in of the title of the film with this really ominous, buzzing, drone on the score, almost like noise music. Then it carries over into the opening shots of the main family on the beach, there's still the harsh static sound, mixed with the waves, and the almost inaudible dialogue. Then it cuts to a close-up of the family talking in a quiet back yard and it's cracking and hissing and you can't hear a word they're saying. Then the sparse audience in my theater realized the speakers were completely hosed and someone went to tell the projectionist to fix it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm high af but Underdoggs is hilarious

Vakal
May 11, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm high af but Underdoggs is hilarious

I read that as Undergrads at first and called bullshit as no one can ever get that high.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watch the holdovers at the alamo

just a cozy little 70s style Christmas movie. the soundtrack and musical cues are very the smithsy. paul giamatti is great as always. a good way to warm my beleaguered soul after a week of very mean cinematic outings

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Vakal posted:

I read that as Undergrads at first and called bullshit as no one can ever get that high.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Hackers film 1995 posted:

yeah i dont know why it is just so much more fun for me to go to theaters with someone. you cant even talk during the movie. but ive only gone alone a handful of times and it just isnt as fun. the most recent time i went alone was when i did a barbenheimer because everyone else i know is smart and didnt want to do it.

Having done neither, it feels to me like it'd be like going to an amusement park alone.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just wasting time before bed, watching that dumb movie Stuber on tv. At the end, his electric car blows up. Stuber says "What?! It's electric! How would it ever catch on fire?!"

Such innocent times back then. Sweet summer childs, all of us.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm watching aquaman 2 and I can't believe it starts with a baby pissing in his mouth

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

TIP posted:

I'm watching aquaman 2 and I can't believe it starts with a baby pissing in his mouth

are you SURE you downloaded the right file

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
what are the odds someone would digitize tips baby movies and upload it to a website for download

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Just wasting time before bed, watching that dumb movie Stuber on tv. At the end, his electric car blows up. Stuber says "What?! It's electric! How would it ever catch on fire?!"

I knew laptop batteries could explode violently well before that movie came out. I think the writer of of stuber was just an idiot

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

lol a friend new-ish to RLM was over and we watched the my twinn / magic trick / ms udderly BotW and when they switched out Jay for Josh right before the clue-up at the end she just yelled "nooooo whyyy?"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
RLM needs to make a show with the initials TOTK so they can extra annoy nerds with in-forum/subreddit/discord abbreviations

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
watched Suitable Flesh last night, not bad. a lot of stuart gordon nods

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Teslas have been self immolating long before that (presumably) terrible movie came out

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The Lighthouse would've been so much better in black and white. I need to know who to root for based on the color of Wilem Dafoe's shirt.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

its all nice on rice posted:

The Lighthouse would've been so much better in black and white.

:thunk:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

don't engage. they're trying to gaslighthouse you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

kalel posted:

don't engage. they're trying to gaslighthouse you