Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

In regards to King-Ohger I actually kind of like Racles now that he doesn’t have to play the villain anymore. Hopefully we can get a full 7 ranger teamup before this series is over

He gets to be the new straight-man to these 7 goofballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/koutetu_/status/1746336075344404550

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness

Tampa Bae posted:

From what I gather this is more or less like Garo's Akibaranger, correct? I might start a Garo season soon and it looks like there's plenty to pick from.
Aesthetically it definitely takes a lot of cues from Garo's style (since the director and designer, Keita Amemiya, is the mind behind Garo) but they're two very different IPs to be honest. Garo is still really good though and you should definitely get into it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
A friend is watching '71 Kamen Rider and we got to that one memeable scene where to show Ichigo's 'super speed' they have him running on a track and they cut segments out to look like he's teleporting forward, and we had a run of jokes about it on Discord DMs, transcribed:

Me: When you're lunch break's almost over and you're in the restaurant across the street from your workplace
Him: Me going to my local comic shop when a new issue drops
Me: When the anxiety hits and you need to get home STAT
Him: Me leaving campus after class and beelining to the nearest Wendy's

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We’re apparently getting a Kamen Rider anime of some kind this year:

https://twitter.com/redblueliveinfo/status/1748313954374517059

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ride masks? :confused:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, it’s a weird title and nobody knows what it means yet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/razzarazor/status/1548014973128884224

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Man I really should watch Build again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

That was a neat ending to Blazar. I find it neat that they left Blazar a complete mystery- even more so than the original Ultraman. No answers to where he is from, why he is really there, what his thoughts are, nothing. I guess you could also say the ending is ambiguous on if he leaves earth or not since they have a movie coming next month. At the same time, almost all Ultraman end of series movies are much more kid-friendly romps, so I doubt we will get any answers there either.

I have to say that in my eyes it's the best Ultra series since Zett, and I hope the next series this summer also keeps away from a remake of an older series for nostalgia's sake.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, has the title of the next series (Ultraman Arc or something like that) at least been confirmed yet? I assume we won’t get details for a couple more months at least

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

King-Ohger is getting TWO VS movies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSENcMHdn90

VS Donbrothers

VS Kyoryuger

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

VS Donbrothers

VS Kyoryuger

Nice, unlike the series I hope they can get Daigo and Utchy back for more than just some voiceover work this time

Edit: It’s a double feature apparently and it seems it’s been confirmed that all 6 main Kyoryugers will be returning for the latter

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 21, 2024

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
God, Blazar just knocked it out on the park on every level. Incredible cast work, writing, and direction, and the random wild kaiju plots were good enough on their own, but they're also all consistent with the show's outlook and theme without rubbing your face in it. And then the finale brings every single thing home and pays off for every character. Zero notes. Godspeed, Blazar and Earthy.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Boonboomger visual:

https://twitter.com/BoonBoom_toei/status/1748903380012216481

Based on the silhouettes it seems we might also be getting a female Orange this season

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Coming Boon is killing me, lmao

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I know this would be drastically un-sentai, but I want them to shoot beams from their center spokes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Schwarzwald posted:

I know this would be drastically un-sentai, but I want them to shoot beams from their center spokes.

We had a Sentai where most of the team were in suit at all times, then a Sentai with no central antagonist, and now one with a time skip that almost never touches the Earth and is constantly in CGIland.

I think we should be prepared for everything at this point. Even that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rinne was finally allowed to transform into her Rider form this week in Gotchard, that’s something I guess

Back to Sentai, given the designs, theme, and the “Coming Boon” tagline I wonder if this’ll be a more lighthearted series ala Carranger and Go-Onger (the only car themed series that more or less took itself seriously in my experience was Turboranger)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

New Boonboomger visual:

https://twitter.com/BoonBoom_toei/status/1748903380012216481

Based on the silhouettes it seems we might also be getting a female Orange this season

It's another novel color set. Orange is one of the rarer colors for a sentai member. The last time it was on a main team outside of Kyuranger (who basically had all of the colors) is either ToQger as their 6th or all the way back in Battle Fever J with Battle Cossack.

Presumably they'd have normally used Green, but I think with their current post-covid filming set-up, Green is super restricted on costumes in general now lest it gently caress with the loads of green screen shots they do.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

You could sort of make a case for DekaSwan as well but she had roughly just as much white on her outfit as she did orange

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

White on the main team and not as a 6th is also not too common

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Kingohger: confidently writes Gira out of the entire episode so Kaguragi and Rita can have a moment and learn more about the respective people they love
Gotchard: has Hotaro run in screaming incoherently to interrupt a tense standoff between Rinne and Minato in which she is actively grappling with her own beliefs and principles

Super Hero Time 2024, everybody.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ganba Legends added Fire Gotchard SteamHopper and Majade Sununicorn. The first just does what you'd expect but Majade gets a pretty cool finisher, different from what she used in her debut episode (not sure if she may have used it in the movie).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCy6IzBTaSc

Beyond that, I'm confused at something in Ganba Legends. Normally, the enemy teams are clearly themed. For instance, one team was just Team Igarashi (Revi, Vice, Live, Jeanne), one was Team Space (Fourze, Meteor, Super-1, Woz GingaFinaly), one was Team Fire (Fire Gotchard SteamHopper, Wizard Flame Style, Fourze Firestates, Agito Burning Form), etc. And then it had Decade/Chalice/Raia/Gotchard SteamHopper. What the hell is that? I can't think of anything that connects all four of those.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

Waffleman_ posted:

VS Donbrothers

VS Kyoryuger

hype for the Kyoryuger

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Ganba Legends added Fire Gotchard SteamHopper and Majade Sununicorn. The first just does what you'd expect but Majade gets a pretty cool finisher, different from what she used in her debut episode (not sure if she may have used it in the movie).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCy6IzBTaSc

Beyond that, I'm confused at something in Ganba Legends. Normally, the enemy teams are clearly themed. For instance, one team was just Team Igarashi (Revi, Vice, Live, Jeanne), one was Team Space (Fourze, Meteor, Super-1, Woz GingaFinaly), one was Team Fire (Fire Gotchard SteamHopper, Wizard Flame Style, Fourze Firestates, Agito Burning Form), etc. And then it had Decade/Chalice/Raia/Gotchard SteamHopper. What the hell is that? I can't think of anything that connects all four of those.

They're all from series that use cards, but idk what else.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
at Barnes and Noble I saw they have a novelization of Ultraman out now.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
So what’s the final verdict on King-onger series score overall gonna be

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

GateOfD posted:

So far very high, it's been absolutely excellent. My only complaints are minor ones like wonky green screening at times (and even there rarely, which is impressive for a series that uses it nearly all the time) and the Kyoryuger crossover focusing on a new, boring character.

Truly impressive show that gives a far more serious and deep story than, at the very least, its direct predecessors, with a great cast and some of the best used mecha around, they don't appear in every episode and get really cool fight scenes when they do.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Donbrothers is a serious and deep story too.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
does someone have that tweet that's like

Sentai livetweet during Zenkaiger: I'm filled with so much love for humanity, I have hope now

Sentai livetweet during Donbrothers: I can't loving believe the dog's a fugitive again

Sentai livetweet during Kingohger: But how does this move from the council affect the treaty

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/SunshineMoonRX/status/1669795343100157977?s=20

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

GateOfD posted:

MY review: The 5 year plan continues as strong as ever. Sentai will be saved.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

GateOfD posted:

Very, very good. The Zenkaiger-Donbrothers-King Ohger hat trick is the best sentai's ever been.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

So the Ultraman New Generation Stars clip show doesn't seem too bad at all.. Yuki from Ultraman Z appears to be the star / narrator for the show, and STORAGE has tasked her to add an enhancement to Sevenger.

We get to see a review of some of Sevenger's best fights, including that one time he got to wield Beliarok.. they even remembered the 40mm Autotargeting Cannon from Sevenger Fight!

Yuki will be joined by the Treasure Hunter guy from Trigger and a robot guy that looks like a rebadged Mountain Gulliver from Dyna.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MachuPikacchu posted:

Very, very good. The Zenkaiger-Donbrothers-King Ohger hat trick is the best sentai's ever been.

If you count Kiramager, it's a 4 year streak

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, Sentai’s been pretty consistently good since Kiramager for the most part so hopefully BoomBoonger continues the trend.

Gotchard still feels like a bit of a step backward for Rider but Majade’s show debut wasn’t bad at least (speaking of, the movie hasn’t been released on DVD/subbed yet has it?)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Rider being jank for a while isn't great, but somehow they still rake in cash hand over fist while Sentai is relatively struggling which is probably why these bold new changes are being made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of Kiramager, a fourth and final Yodonna special is on its way:

https://twitter.com/tokusatsu_fc/status/1751379558408859843

How are the other 3 out of curiosity?