Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Anals of History posted:

Huh. That's... unexpected. Wonder how the presentation will change when commercial breaks go away and they don't have to follow the same rules around mature content. Also wonder if this winds up being good for AEW if they get to move into whatever channels WWE leaves.

I wouldn’t assume that the breaks are going away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The benefit for breaks would be they don't have to have breaks if they won't want or when they don't want them.

They have more control over ads vs having to put an ad mid match because TV.

I wouldn't be surprised if instead we get more of the integrated advertising stuff. That WWE makes money off versus Netflix trying to make money off of ads.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jan 23, 2024

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The funniest thing about the raw thing is it continues to prove how poo poo wrestling journalism is.

No one even had an inkling this was happening

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Netflix has tiers with ads, I imagine they have to work that into the live show somehow.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Netflix has tiers with ads, I imagine they have to work that into the live show somehow.

I expect it to work like the Peacock shows.

Where they have an ad break between matches, and for non ad viewers they have hype reels for either the match, or a random popular wrestler on the card.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Make it happen

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1749825213313999010?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

SaS is dumber than trump tbh

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The WWE model still perplexes me, the Network seemed a huge leap when it was first launched and the only thing it lacked was live/on demand RAW. Moving everything over to Peacock, which feels like it could fold at any time, except for Raw which is now going to a different paid network… all while Network seems to run fine in every other territory so it’s not like they don’t have to maintain it all anyway. I’m sure the books must make sense but it just seems so convoluted.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

mcmagic posted:

SaS is dumber than trump tbh

Nahh

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Does this mean wrestling promos will be integrated into a drive-to-survive type show?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
the only winners in that debate would be sas and trump

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

The WWE model still perplexes me, the Network seemed a huge leap when it was first launched and the only thing it lacked was live/on demand RAW. Moving everything over to Peacock, which feels like it could fold at any time, except for Raw which is now going to a different paid network… all while Network seems to run fine in every other territory so it’s not like they don’t have to maintain it all anyway. I’m sure the books must make sense but it just seems so convoluted.

Everything is moving over to Netflix. Besides Smackdown which is going to go back to USA, and I guess NXT is on CW lol.

But all of the back catalog of Smackdown and NXT and everything else on the network is going to be put on Netflix, along with PPV's streaming there.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Dexo posted:

Everything is moving over to Netflix. Besides Smackdown which is going to go back to USA, and I guess NXT is on CW lol.

But all of the back catalog of Smackdown and NXT and everything else on the network is going to be put on Netflix, along with PPV's streaming there.

The WWE Network will be on Netflix outside of the US. Peacock's deal with WWE isn't up for another year, IIRC.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Why? Just take a SAS/Mad Dog debate but microwave Mad Dog. It'll be the same basic product

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

The WWE Network will be on Netflix outside of the US. Peacock's deal with WWE isn't up for another year, IIRC.

oh I was talking when the deal starts.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Dexo posted:

oh I was talking when the deal starts.

The WWE-Peacock deal lasts until 2026, according to wrestling journalist Dave Meltzer.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
So it probably ended two years ago

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Why? Just take a SAS/Mad Dog debate but microwave Mad Dog. It'll be the same basic product

mad dog is both significantly cooler as a person and significantly less funny than Donald Trump

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Forrest on Fire posted:

hands off doggy

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This is a viable solution

https://twitter.com/brandyljensen/status/1750559235488858598?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

My favorite SaS content that doesn't include Mad Dog

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1750905579155882026

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Ball Bizarre

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Charmander is a good choice.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Ball Bazaar

Where you buy the balls.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ball Bizarre, Char MANder, things of that nature

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Wow.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1751055804369711363?s=20

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Not shocking his current scandal is hitting a lot harder than his last one

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Did you read the latest complaint against him? It sure is something.....

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 27, 2024

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

On the eve of Royal Rumble too, he must be super pissed at the timing. Good, gently caress him. I don’t even think Bin Laden would get a 5 episode special on Behind The Bastards, but Vince managed it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

On the eve of Royal Rumble too, he must be super pissed at the timing. Good, gently caress him. I don’t even think Bin Laden would get a 5 episode special on Behind The Bastards, but Vince managed it.
That series also left a lot of stuff out

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If they did the lot, they’d never get around to doing someone less deserving like Pol Pot or whoever.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mcmagic posted:

Did you read the latest complaint against him? It sure is something.....

I did not. What did Vince do this time?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

https://archive.is/2024.01.25-16582...-quiet-0b19b21c

It's probably worth reading yourself, but uh it's real bad :nms:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

In an effort to save you from reading the horrors of it the long and short is that extensive details came out about McMahon spending years grooming a victim, routinely raping her, pimping her out to others in the company, and generally degrading her in any way imaginable.

edit: It also implicates Johnny Ace, Brock Lesnar, and probably Triple H in the whole disgusting, evil, mess.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 27, 2024

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

STAC Goat posted:

edit: It also implicates Johnny Ace, Brock Lesnar, and probably Triple H in the whole disgusting, evil, mess.

Longtime WWE general counsel (and Vince's personal lawyer) Jerry McDevitt, who abruptly "retired" right around when all of this stuff started being investigated, too.

And there are strong hints that someone on the level of John Cena is involved, too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bill Simmons’ son is dealing Joe Rogan’s nootropic brain pills at his school

I’m not making a word of that up

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That checks out.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bill's son is just getting his vice experience now so he can be EIC of whatever project Simmons is working after he graduates college

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Dang does Simmons just put his kids’ private embarrassments on blast to millions of people? That sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Dinosaurs! posted:

Dang does Simmons just put his kids’ private embarrassments on blast to millions of people? That sucks.

It's a sponsored segment