Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1751055804369711363

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

Jim Crockett Jr. never defecated on anyone’s head.

Let's not make any assumptions

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

roomtone posted:

lol i think wwe i actually hosed this time

I'd like to say that, but (a) he's still very rich and (b) he's already evaded justice for some heinous poo poo before

I'll believe that consequences will come for Vince once I've seen it actually happen, and not a second sooner

e: vvv it means even less than you'd like, considering he "retired" amid claims of his horrific behavior just a few years back only to quietly reappear after some months (maybe a year, idr)

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 27, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, 78 year old millionaire forced into retirement isn't a huge consequence.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

rally posted:

I couldn’t even listen to Cornette talking about this poo poo. I normally find him entertaining but the victim blaming bullshit is way too boomer to tolerate.

Not defending him, but Cornette is purely a creature of his time. He's the definition of 'You can't teach an old dog new tricks', and the odd contradiction of society moves on, but people are a lot slower.

The example I think of is imagine you're doing your life stuff and then a time machine pops out and out steps your great great great great great grandchild. And we'll assume your head doesn't explode and you somehow accept this is real and happening. Now imagine this distant descendant of yours, perhaps gently (I sure hope gently), criticizes you for having a job. Not the job you have, not how well or how poorly you do your job, not that you could have a better job or your dream job, no, the criticism is, you have a job in and of itself. To them, that's bad.

Even IF your descendant sat you down, and led you through all the societal change that led to this mindset, and brought up details and assessments you did not consider, and basically explained it all so it all made sense in a general sense...you would still find the mindset insane, and by extent, the society it came from. You just would not be able to get it, because you didn't go through the events. This WOULD happen, even if just to a small degree. Even if they're right, that's THEIR right, and you just can't align your sense of right with it.

It's basically the same when people discuss the Civil War and slavery: 99.999 percent of people just would not understand, willingly or unwillingly, the concept of racial equality, no matter how you explained it. And Cornette came up in a time when women were either eye candy, 'rats', or even worse, as Moolah might have been. Expecting him to understand MeToo is like expecting a 19th century doctor to understand how to do advanced brain surgery.

Again, not defending him. Just saying that the critical backlash should be structured a certain way. Not like I suspect Cornette would listen either or. He's an old dog and the world is how he knows it, and anything that says otherwise is wrong. He cannot be helped, just left behind.

It always seemed fitting that the fate Vince deserved would be the business that he basically broke into his image, loving over everything else he could along the way, would itself force him out based on the ripple effects of his own actions.

But not like this. I'll take Vince running the business for another 50 years if it meant all of this never happened and no women got hurt or degraded by this broken, monstrous gently caress (still innocent until proven guilty, but I ain't involved in the legal elements so I can say whatever I want)

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 27, 2024

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Not many men can say they resigned in disgrace from the same company twice, but there aren’t many Vince McMen.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

People are acting shocked that the well known sex predator who helped cover up a murder turned out to be a sex predator

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

#ThankYouSlimJim

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Cornwind Evil posted:

The example I think of is imagine you're doing your life stuff and then a time machine pops out and out steps your great great great great great grandchild. And we'll assume your head doesn't explode and you somehow accept this is real and happening. Now imagine this distant descendant of yours, perhaps gently (I sure hope gently), criticizes you for having a job. Not the job you have, not how well or how poorly you do your job, not that you could have a better job or your dream job, no, the criticism is, you have a job in and of itself. To them, that's bad.

Even IF your descendant sat you down, and led you through all the societal change that led to this mindset, and brought up details and assessments you did not consider, and basically explained it all so it all made sense in a general sense...you would still find the mindset insane, and by extent, the society it came from. You just would not be able to get it, because you didn't go through the events. This WOULD happen, even if just to a small degree. Even if they're right, that's THEIR right, and you just can't align your sense of right with it.

It's basically the same when people discuss the Civil War and slavery: 99.999 percent of people just would not understand, willingly or unwillingly, the concept of racial equality, no matter how you explained it. And Cornette came up in a time when women were either eye candy, 'rats', or even worse, as Moolah might have been. Expecting him to understand MeToo is like expecting a 19th century doctor to understand how to do advanced brain surgery.

lamo what the hell is this insane equivocating? There were plenty of people of the time who were like "actually slavery is a loving immoral abomination" just like there have been plenty of people of the time who have said "hey treating women like that is a loving immoral abomination" but actually you, know, it's all kind of the same as me shuffling papers at a desk job to some hypothetical dipshit of the future so who's to say what's right anyways?

rethink whatever the hell your moral or ethical framework is because it's loving trash

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

AlmightyBob posted:

People are acting shocked that the well known sex predator who helped cover up a murder turned out to be a sex predator

It's not that he's a sex predator. It's the level of depravity.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

AlmightyBob posted:

True, but there's degrees. John Lambe was a sex predator. David Parker Ray was also a sex predator. The two are not the same (the latter is much worse, in a 'getting fed into a woodchipper feet first' is worse than 'getting your legs mauled by angry dogs'). The shock is that yeah, it's not only that bad, it's worse.

Edit: Beaten by Regrettable.

idiotsavant posted:

lamo what the hell is this insane equivocating? There were plenty of people of the time who were like "actually slavery is a loving immoral abomination" just like there have been plenty of people of the time who have said "hey treating women like that is a loving immoral abomination" but actually you, know, it's all kind of the same as me shuffling papers at a desk job to some hypothetical dipshit of the future so who's to say what's right anyways?

rethink whatever the hell your moral or ethical framework is because it's loving trash

I feel you missed the point, but that's a derail so let's just move on. Whatever my level of rightness or wrongness is, Vince is still a monster and Cornette's unsurprisingly a misogynist rear end in a top hat.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 27, 2024

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Edward Mass posted:

Not many men can say they resigned in disgrace from the same company twice, but there aren’t many Vince McMen.

Brilliant.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Cornwind Evil posted:

I feel you missed the point, but that's a derail so let's just move on. Whatever my level of rightness or wrongness is, Vince is still a monster and Cornette's unsurprisingly a misogynist rear end in a top hat.

i mean, sorry if i was a little too harsh but whether you meant to or not you absolutely did the "i'm not defending him *defends him*" thing and then made a really, REALLY awkward equivocation between slavery, sexual assault, and normal day-to-day work that was, to be blunt, offensively minimizing. There were lots and lots and lots of people who thought slavery was wrong in every way; there were and are lots and lots of people who think sexual assault in the workplace is wrong in every way, and just because someone was "a product of their time" doesn't mean that obvious garbage opinions shouldn't be called out for being obvious garbage opinions.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Bad Video Games posted:

Yeah, 78 year old millionaire forced into retirement isn't a huge consequence.
It's not justice but if my understanding is right he is someone who doesn't know how to function away from WWE and he'll be very mad.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Now that he's destroyed I'm curious if Christy Hemme will finally feel safe enough to say something.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

snoremac posted:

It's not justice but if my understanding is right he is someone who doesn't know how to function away from WWE and he'll be very mad.

Yeah, he's a workaholic who can't stand being on vacation. It will never be enough, but I can at least envision him like that Family Guy episode when Lois' dad went into retirement: a mumbling husk of a man withering away due to lack of purpose.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
There's a web 1.0 collection of wrestling anecdotes that describes a bunch of roided up shitplay enthusiasts, wifebeaters, drunks and unpleasant headcases.
Does this ring a bell?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Cornwind Evil posted:

But not like this. I'll take Vince running the business for another 50 years if it meant all of this never happened and no women got hurt or degraded by this broken, monstrous gently caress (still innocent until proven guilty, but I ain't involved in the legal elements so I can say whatever I want)

Read the loving room you tremendous loving idiot

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I haven't been this shocked since I learned that Marilyn Manson was also a creepy sex pest. I guess that old saying is true; it's usually the ones you most suspect.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

i think we can suspend the legal system for vince's sake, just nail him into a coffin and drop it into a terminator2 style slag cauldron, along with his dildos

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

idiotsavant posted:

i mean, sorry if i was a little too harsh but whether you meant to or not you absolutely did the "i'm not defending him *defends him*" thing and then made a really, REALLY awkward equivocation between slavery, sexual assault, and normal day-to-day work that was, to be blunt, offensively minimizing. There were lots and lots and lots of people who thought slavery was wrong in every way; there were and are lots and lots of people who think sexual assault in the workplace is wrong in every way, and just because someone was "a product of their time" doesn't mean that obvious garbage opinions shouldn't be called out for being obvious garbage opinions.

Also, a society in which it’s morally wrong for me to have a job is the only society that makes sense.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
starting to think this vince guy might not be a nice person

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
im vince mcman and im sorry

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Hi, it's Vince with Slap Chop!

I'll never apologize.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

still innocent until proven guilty

Did you miss the part where texts from Vince to others detailing some of these horrendous acts were shown as being sent from Vince's own phone?

You don't need to keep doing this high-minded, even-handed "and justice for all" act you've been doing here. Vince is guilty as poo poo, and Cornette doesn't deserve the excuse of "he's a product of his time" because this poo poo, and his reaction to said poo poo, would've been horrible in the 1960s or 1980s or whatever. And Cornette has his own sexual issues himself (such as the claims from various wrestlers who worked in places where Cornette had the book, that he would only push them if they'd let him watch them having sex with his wife), so it's no wonder he likely doesn't see why any of this is a big deal or thinks it's funny.

Cornette and Vince are both awful human beings, please stop trying to rationalize/justify their actions.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
He agreed to pay her in order for her to keep quiet then didn't pay her

Innocent until proven guilty isn't a defense when he's 100% going to get proven guilty

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

So uh

Vince McMahon, huh?

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Gavok posted:

Yeah, he's a workaholic who can't stand being on vacation. It will never be enough, but I can at least envision him like that Family Guy episode when Lois' dad went into retirement: a mumbling husk of a man withering away due to lack of purpose.

I genuinely think if Vince stops working and fully goes into retirement, he will be dead within a few months, if not sooner. Those old dudes that live for work tend to drop once their purpose goes away.

Or maybe he'll just run for president.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Slim Jims are gonna snap out of it

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1503105/slim-jim-pauses-wwe-sponsorship-deal-due-vince-mcmahon-sex-trafficking-allegations/

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

They were still using the voice and image of noted spousal abuser Randy Poffo in their new commercial so baby steps I guess.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
ive been thinking about this and how far do you think this goes back. like is the rock about to have to step down from his new tko role to. is hogan era poo poo about to come to light?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The worse part about this is there's no real justice to be had here. Vince has been doing this poo poo for probably 60 years or more of his life. Some sort of restitution can be had for the victims, even post mortem, but there's no jail time or life sentence or any other punishment which can in any way atone for the half century plus of abuse. Plus, how many of his cronies are doing the same or worse and just flying under the radar? It's horrible all around.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I genuinely think if Vince stops working and fully goes into retirement, he will be dead within a few months, if not sooner. Those old dudes that live for work tend to drop once their purpose goes away.

Or maybe he'll just run for president.

I basically agree but Vince isn't gonna run for president, he's gonna come in as Trump's VP playing the role of loyal stooge. But as the campaign wears on Trump's gonna start making weird demands of him on camera, demeaning poo poo like fetching slippers and giving him foot massages...

"THE TOES, VIRGIL!"

And we're gonna see that brief flicker of rage on Vince's face, then watch as he swallows and chokes down his pride before doing the deed. Then Trump's gonna put on that happy boy smile and smarm to the camera about everybody having a price.

And then, after months of toadying for Trump, election night finally comes and Trump wins.

Trump gets up on stage in some huge arena in front of a roaring audience of idiots. He grins and starts dancing, pumping his hands in the air like he's jerking off two Giant Gonzalezs. But then, just as he's about to start his victory speech, BOOM! Lightning strikes and the lights go out. It's the Undertaker's music! The stage is dark, Trump is afraid, he's trying to back away, but the Undertaker is right behind him!

He's right behind you Trump! Turn around! Turn around Trumpy! Oh no, I can't look! Chokeslam into the coffin! The lid is slammed shut and it's pushed off the stage into an open pit. It's Austin in a yellow construction hat driving a loader! It's over! It's over! Good gawd almighty, the president is dead and buried!

NO CHANCE! That's what ya got...
Pretty politicians buying souls from us are PUPPETS!

Vince struts out onto the stage like a peacock, grinning that wicked grin, and the audience boo's joyfully like the loving marks they are.

-The Washington Screwjob

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
:chloe:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

That sure was a post

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Jesus

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
I remember watching those "Wrestling shoot interviews" like a decade or so ago and in some of them they describe doing some absolutely heinous poo poo to women (ring rats they'd call them) and I kept thinking back then "how the hell have they not gotten in trouble for this poo poo?" and wondering how much of that poo poo has happened that they are not willing to talk about. It's pretty clear now that it goes all the way to the top. Of course it should have been obvious since Vince has always been a horrible maniac.

Here's one of those interviews I found. It's absurd how this guy says "he hated women for a long time after seeing the things they did to them" but...you were the ones doing it??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-jgYQNjyvk&t=142s

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Go away. There ain't no Mr. McMahon and there never was

https://www.wwe.com/superstars/mr-mcmahon

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

MasterSitsu posted:

Go away. There ain't no Mr. McMahon and there never was

https://www.wwe.com/superstars/mr-mcmahon

And they took me out of the Hall of Fame for a while just for saying the N word, brother.