Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Or play Knights have have 3 dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Even better play Chaos Knights and have three models with one of them having a noodle arm. Noodle arm Knight, best Knight.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Delete knights, all superheavies, all flyers, and any remaining vehicle/monster bigger than say, land raider, wraithlord, battlewagon, etc

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

One Titan

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Eej posted:

That's not too bad just play elite armies like WE that have like 30 dudes

My Ironstrom Dread Mob is 32 models and could be less if I took a few more dreadnoughts

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
1100 for a warhound, 840 for a thunderhawk and a chaplain

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

At the Tampa USO last year I saw an army that consisted of 3 Knights and a Callidus assassin

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Should've squeezed in a Vindicare into that and call it the Kingmaker.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Delete knights, all superheavies, all flyers, and any remaining vehicle/monster bigger than say, land raider, wraithlord, battlewagon, etc

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
delete everything that ever killed any of my models.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
superheavies are fun though you are just mad you dont have one.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

get rid of all armies released after 2001

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

My end goal is a Chaos Fellblade :getin:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I kinda want a Hellhammer

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

return the crimson fists to their rightful place as a first founding chapter before the ultramarines stole their valor.

I swear to god I've heard this said completely earnestly once

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

keep em but they're only tournament legal in lopsided narrative style battles

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

OctaMurk posted:

Warhammer 40k the game is an excuse to put all my painted little plastic men on a table and take photos

Honestly I feel like one of the big problems is the number of different weapons and units with very slightly different rules, but that's a big part of how the modeling works

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

War and Pieces posted:

keep em but they're only tournament legal in lopsided narrative style battles

eh dont even care if they tourney legal never played that style.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
knights are awesome, sorry haters

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Captain Magic posted:

knights are awesome, sorry haters

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
youd be saying the same thing about LRs if 5 dropped on the table

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ok neato crusade rules have whole hunt the fallen thing. i legit can give another player cypher and say just play him like old times

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/26/codex-supplement-dark-angels-crusade-to-find-the-fallen-and-ascend-through-the-inner-circle/

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Wonder how long it's going to take the Votann to get a flyer and a superheavy. I like their aesthetic but I HATE the tiny rear end wheels on their TMNT playset vehicles.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

End of 2024/beginning of 2025 when their new codex drops I imagine. But we'll see whenever the next codex roadmap drops.
Which won't be for a couple of months I'm assuming.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

This would make the game better. Some other miniatures games treat off board artillery or aircraft as a purchasable ability as opposed to unit. That might work well thematically for 40k. For a certain amount of points you get a strafing run from the aircraft you want, or some fire support for a turn from the Titan. If people want to model the off board artillery/aircraft, that is fine too.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Counterpoint: big stompy robits and mega tanks go pew pew pew

Also, God help me I went on a shopping spree at the store going out of business sale, 30% off. Shadowvaults, legionaries, blooded, Phobos kill team, a couple AP rattle cans, and a few metallic speed paints. Hard to pass up that kind of discount, just wish they had more things I wanted.

Super Waffle fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 27, 2024

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

This would make the game better. Some other miniatures games treat off board artillery or aircraft as a purchasable ability as opposed to unit. That might work well thematically for 40k. For a certain amount of points you get a strafing run from the aircraft you want, or some fire support for a turn from the Titan. If people want to model the off board artillery/aircraft, that is fine too.

Kill Team Guardsmen get both of those exactly.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Guard combat patrol gets a stratagem that lets them use the earth shaker artillery attack to reduce the enemies movement speed.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

3 Action Economist posted:

Kill Team Guardsmen get both of those exactly.

You'd never really run it though because the other option is 4 more guardsmen.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I mean I have played a lot of miniature wargames over the years and Warhammer has consistently been one of the worst rules-wise, and even though it’s miles better today than it was in 2003 it’s still very very badly designed compared to almost any alternative. But that’s ok! It’s fun to play, it’s an experience! Don’t get hung up on things like “balance” because you will drive yourself crazy.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Putting together a bunch of other games-workshop kits makes me realize how impressive it is that the kit for some regular rear end cadians is as well designed as their kill team kits.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Imagine a world where Warhammer 40K is an undisputedly fun and amazing game to play.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

It's funny that Epic treats aircraft as basically off board artillery that teleports to a space thrn takes flak and shoots back, while small scale 40k is stuck having them move around like any other unit

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Inquisitors used to be able to spend points on a one-shot orbital strike and it was almost never worth it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I got a coupon code for an online store which stacks with their GW discount so I can get the Deathwing box for 30% off now I'm really tempted even if my Marine collection is just "whatever came in Indomitus and Leviathan"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tempted to try and get that Kroot box when it comes out, despite already having 2 or possibly 3 unpainted armies still sitting around.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Der Waffle Mous posted:

return the crimson fists to their rightful place as a first founding chapter before the ultramarines stole their valor.

I swear to god I've heard this said completely earnestly once

well you're about to hear it earnestly a second time, imperial fists are inferior to crimson fists in every way and the two should be swapped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Sharkopath posted:

You'd never really run it though because the other option is 4 more guardsmen.

I do, because I like the flavor.