Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
https://twitter.com/mosiememphis/status/1737230547582161202

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Three Olives posted:

What I am seeing some places is basically that Habba basically totally hosed Trump on appeal. In a civil case, you can't just say my lawyer was incompetent, or the Judge was unfair, you have to say there is faulty evidence and to bring that claim, you actually have to object to the evidence in the judgement. And Habba basically didn't object to anything material to the judgement itself.

:hmbol:

Also, okay Trump never spends his own money, but those GOP/ Trump Co coffers aren't limitless

Also as someone mentioned, Trump Co is tied up in the fraud lawsuit

He might actually be hosed

Did he think he could taint the jury today? Did he really expect a victory?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Three Olives posted:

What I am seeing some places is basically that Habba basically totally hosed Trump on appeal. In a civil case, you can't just say my lawyer was incompetent, or the Judge was unfair, you have to say there is faulty evidence and to bring that claim, you actually have to object to the evidence in the judgement. And Habba basically didn't object to anything material to the judgement itself.

And yet she's out there on the steps giving interviews saying "We've got them right where we want them on appeal, they're hosed :smug:

I guess just say white is black, forever

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dear God, Vince is a degenerate motherfucker, holy poo poo the allegations are depraved, even for him

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Its worth mentioning too that Trump has a long and storied history of poor spending habits and not keeping much savings on hand and has encountered bankruptcy multiple times.

He does not likely have much actual liquidity.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Can’t believe I’m actually going to have more money than Trump in my life!

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

i hate these fuckin' morons

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
"Rape, insurrection, fraud, rape."

*Wait a minute, you said rape twice*

"I never met the woman."

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Data Graham posted:

And yet she's out there on the steps giving interviews saying "We've got them right where we want them on appeal, they're hosed :smug:

I guess just say white is black, forever
If she were actually competent she'd not be on those steps giving those interviews.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Three Olives posted:

I think it is possible that Trump has shut up because he might actually be hosed. Basically all of his money is highly leveraged and in Trump Co, which absolutely can not transfer a huge sum of money like that to him because of his ongoing NY criminal trial. $90M is a lot to keep liquid, even if you are a worth hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars (Remember, most of his money, including his "Brand" is in Trump Co.)

He might just not have the money and is scared that Carrol is going to file lawsuit number 3 any day now, and get another summary judgement. Remember, Trump is personally on the hook for some Trump Co loans, he can't sell off Trump Co assets to boost his personal net worth and the $90M in judgements, appeal or not, is a real financial liability that lenders are going to consider.

This makes him much more dangerous of a potential President

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

CommieGIR posted:

Its worth mentioning too that Trump has a long and storied history of poor spending habits and not keeping much savings on hand and has encountered bankruptcy multiple times.

He does not likely have much actual liquidity.

I seriously don't think he is going to appeal because he can't afford it but is going to frame it as:

"Only I can fix our completely, and this is totally 100% true, BROKEN, JUSTICE SYSTEM. These sick judges are coming after me and they say "I can't let Trump win, I can't" I had perfect evidence, 100% exoneration, and they wouldn't even hear it. It's sick I tell you, the only way to win for all of us is to re-elect me, if I can't even win with and say this, I already have completely immunity, TOTAL IMMUNITY, this case never should have been allowed, 100% perfect evidence, and they won't even hear it, we are all in BIG TROUBLE."

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 27, 2024

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Spinz posted:

This makes him much more dangerous of a potential President

But have you considered how mad he makes the libs? :smug:

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Trump is having a mental break, or someone took his phone away. Never seen him this quiet after something like this. He has to be seething right now. Mar-a-lago walls covered in ketchup, staff trembling in the shadows.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

vaginite posted:

Trump is having a mental break, or someone took his phone away. Never seen him this quiet after something like this. He has to be seething right now. Mar-a-lago walls covered in ketchup, staff trembling in the shadows.

I can recall several times where a scandal broke and the White House was radio silent for a good 24 hours or so. Not much longer than that though.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
That's our Trump!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Glimm posted:

i hate these fuckin' morons

They're not so bad. They just sound young and a little bro-ey.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

I loving SEE THIS ONE ON THE WAY TO WORK EVERY drat DAY.
e: I think this video was taken a while ago, the current slides are not nearly as funny
ee: Zach Scherer didn't put any of that up afaik, it's some crazy local chud who owns a gas station.

emSparkly fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 27, 2024

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

vaginite posted:

How are his isolation levels?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Three Olives posted:

I seriously don't think he is going to appeal because he can't afford it but is going to frame it as:

"Only I can fix our completely, and this is totally 100% true, BROKEN, JUSTICE SYSTEM. These sick judges are coming after me and they say "I can't let Trump win, I can't" I had perfect evidence, 100% exoneration, and they wouldn't even hear it. It's sick I tell you, the only way to win for all of us is to re-elect me, if I can't even win with and say this, I already have completely immunity, TOTAL IMMUNITY, this case never should have been allowed, 100% perfect evidence, and they won't even hear it, we are all in BIG TROUBLE."

I could hear every word in my head in his voice and it was so real for a second

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

vaginite posted:

What is america coming to when a rich old white man can be silenced by an 8 figure defamation judgment? This isn't the free speech promised by the constitution.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

vaginite posted:

Remember when he went radio silent when he got Covid and we thought he might actually have died? Such a peaceful night.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Outside the Trump International Hotel:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

HappyHippo posted:

Increasing.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

:laffo:

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

HappyHippo posted:

Trending positively towards the negative.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Cable Guy posted:

Given that orange wasn't used as an adjective for some time after Nostradamus I plugged 'red' into the search...

:kstare:

edit: source

Is it really doomposting if we are just quoting big Nos?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

:trumppop:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trumps lawyer calling Carroll a drug addict does not seem a wise thing to say

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

As a related aside.

I think it is cool we get to see Trump's reaction to these largely financial punishments for his crimes first.

Before we get to see his reactions to the punishments he will get for getting busted on tape telling the Georgia bloke to lie and fudge electoral information for him. Or keeping classified documents that he wasnt legally allowed to have. Or selling those documents to foreign agents. Or inciting an insurrection on live national TV. etc.

His petty histrionic whinges against a judge telling him "Stop saying mean things about that lady you raped, or it will cost you more money" are funny and all. But we still have further examples where "cost you money" will be replaced with "FEDERAL CRIME MOTHERFUCKER, that your co conspirators have already plead guilty to."

Which will be nice.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Why did he hire Tesla to make his sign, I thought he hated Musk?

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

You can fake being pretty, too, you know. But I guess you can argue you need to be smart to pull that off, though.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/dsamuelsohn/status/1750991192215503145?s=20

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Well now Trumingle will surely try to steal some furniture and stationery from his new job to make up for this fine.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Go gently caress yourself, rudy, like poo poo you're making money near the rest of us.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol Rudy went broke on IOUs from "TRUMP"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm guessing reported income vs actual income is quite the difference.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

Go gently caress yourself, rudy, like poo poo you're making money near the rest of us.

It's fine, just apply for your Federal Black Car Subsidy and your Supplemental Liquor Assistance Program card and you will be fine, just like Rudy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

And yet he's drinking Starbucks smh . Maybe if he made coffee at home he could save up an emergency fund